I got stoned and forgot

pacedout

I just finished my first harvest about a month ago. The girls weren't the tallest, but the buds were dense and potency, well, let me put it like this, I've been a regular smoker for 25 years, and one of my girls puts me to sleep EVERY time. But I digress, I'm looking at getting 2 Sun system 250/400 all-in-ones. Do you guys think 1 400 hps/mh for an approximate space of 5"L x 4"w will give enough coverage.. My partner took his reflector and crap, now I can't remember if we were using a400 or 600. Any insights would be awesome.

Re: I got stoned and forgot.

I just finished my first harvest about a month ago. The girls weren't the tallest, but the buds were dense and potency, well, let me put it like this, I've been a regular smoker for 25 years, and one of my girls puts me to sleep EVERY time. But I digress, I'm looking at getting 2 Sun system 250/400 all-in-ones. Do you guys think 1 400 hps/mh for an approximate space of 5"L x 4"w will give enough coverage.. My partner took his reflector and crap, now I can't remember if we were using a400 or 600. Any insights would be awesome.

Im using a small area of 3x3x5 with a 400hps myself, and its more than enough, so i think 4x4 shouldnt be a problem, it shud be more than enough as well, even 5x5 it would work well in it.

I think a 400W setup would be perfect for that space. I am using one in about the same size space and things are going great.

Here is a simple guide:

HID Light Output - - - - - - - - Primary Growing Area - - - - -Supplemental Area
100 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2' x 2' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3' x 3'
250 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3' x 3' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4' x 4'
400 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4' x 4' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 6' x 6'
600 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 6' x 6' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8' x 8'
1000 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8' x 8' - - - - - - - - - - - - - 12' x 12'

:peace:

I think a 400W setup would be perfect for that space. I am using one in about the same size space and things are going great.

Here is a simple guide:

HID Light Output - - - - - - - - Primary Growing Area - - - - -Supplemental Area
100 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2' x 2' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3' x 3'
250 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3' x 3' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4' x 4'
400 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4' x 4' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 6' x 6'
600 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 6' x 6' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8' x 8'
1000 watts - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8' x 8' - - - - - - - - - - - - - 12' x 12'

:peace:

^^^ THIS IS MINUM

you can always go bigger and get better yeilds, i HAD a 600w, for a 8x8 room, now i use 4 1000w hood and filled the room with light, makes a bigg diffrence, i would spring for the 600ws it i was you just to get better penetration, plus its not that much more just to get the extra watts

Thanks to everyone for their insights. And heres another question for you guys, Im thinking of going with 2 light sets at 400 each so I have a room for veg and a room flower. I looked at the power cost and my ol' lady about came out her skin. Any thoughts on keeping yeild and rotation up while keeping change in the pocket? Thanks again, the 420 community is the coolest!

I was thinking of going 600, but i found a pair of sun sys. 400 with built in ballast, i was wary but they're new. i was pricing ballast and that was the deal breaker.

IMHO, 400 would be too small for that size. I've heard 600 is great for 3'x3' and 1000 for 4'x4'.

The 600 puts out the most lumens/watt so I went with 600s

I currently run 4x600s in a 9x11 flower room and T8/CFL in the veg room. I've had great luck with T5/T8/CFL for veg.

I got my HPS lights off Amazon for about $170 each.

The other upside to having several HPS lights is that you can adjust the height to match the plants.

The CFL bar is homemade and the HO T8s are overdriven WalMart (1 ballast/bulb) for 2X the output. Cost about $25 each.

I several pics in my grow journal (link in my sig)

One other note about the $170 Amazon package, that includes: Hood, Adj Hangers, digital/dimmable ballast, and BOTH bulbs. I haven't found a deal like that anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom