I had no idea...

alwaysbuzzed

i would get a 12 hour high from cannabutter. :Rasta:

I made this beautiful butter a few days ago for the first time. I followed the simple directions on this site and used some g13 haze baby buds and trimming. I probably used a little more then 1/4oz to one stick of butter.

the butter came out just as expected, but with a strong weedy smell, almost skunky. for my first baking adventure I used about 1/4 of the cannabutter to make a 1/2 batch of brownies. I got a little body high off the three brownies I ate that night and was happy but it wasn't what I was expecting. I suspected that I didn't use enough weed or got the receipe wrong, but boy was I mistaken.

Fast forward to the next day, I decided the brownie high wasn't good enough and I wanted to see if increasing the amount of cannabutter ate would make my high better. What I did then was to take about 1/8 of the remaining cannibutter (about a teaspoon) and mix it with a bowl of pasta for dinner.

In about 45 minutes I started to feel the effects and within a couple hours I was full force. it was a nice calm mellow wavey high, very managable. It actually put me to sleep it was so mellow. usually my mind is racing and I can't sleep when I'm stoned unless I'm really exhausted.

so I ate the pasta around 7pm and fell a sleep about 10pm cause I have work the next day. during the middle of the night i got up to get a drink and remember feeling like I was still high, but I just wrote it off as being tired. when my alarm finally went off @ 7am I STILL had that feeling. I convinced myself I was not fully awake and I just needed a shower to start the day. So I'm in the shower for like ten minutes trying to wake up and I realize this isn't going away, that I'm not tired, but actually still stoned, really really stoned. I was higher then when I went to bed :grinjoint:

this was a total first for me, like I said, I've gone to bed high before, thats nothing new. I've even smoked myself straight before, but I've never in all my years gone to bed high and woken up 10 hours later STILL HIGH! I was so damn high I had to call outta work. I had no clue the butter would mess me up that bad/long. I didn't start coming down till around 10am. thats over a 12hour high, wtf am I going to do with this stuff, I don't have the time to block off a 12hr window to get high :smokin: lol

has anyone else experienced the same thing?

ps, sorry if there are spelling & grammer errors, I've been eating more of those brownies. :Rasta:

I gave someone some oil; she took like a teaspoon and said she was stoned for two days - sounds really similar to your experience:popcorn:

I still havent figured out the perfect amount, I think edibles are always going to be slightly inconsistent....

Well I don't know what it would look like but you can mail me the rest of that killer butter !! I've been out of work and have lots of 12 hr slots to be filled !!

Back
Top Bottom