I have a few questions

skunkaroo

HELLO ALL..

A few ?'s here from a newbie.

1. I read some where that you can make ur own CO2 using sugar, water n yeast. The directions said to use 1 part sugar for every 5 parts of solution. So does that mean, for example..1 cup of sugar for every 5 cups of water?

2. I know rooting compound is fairly cheap, but will the asprin in water really work? Or the willow tea?

3. I also read that if you interupt ur dark cycle during the VEG. period with 1/2 hr. or so of light(I don't remember how often it said) that you may have a better chance of ur plant bein a female?

4. If I wanted to grow outdoors, can I grow indoors for so long then transplant outdoors? If so..Can I transplant outdoors late in the season to have shorter plants so my nosy neighbors don't call the cops, or rob me? Or can I maybe use LST outdoors to keep them shorter?

5. Is it true that I should NOT use already fertilized soil?

If I have any more ?'s I WILL be back! I love this site!!!

Re: I have a few questions..

HELLO ALL..

A few ?'s here from a newbie.

1. I read some where that you can make ur own CO2 using sugar, water n yeast. The directions said to use 1 part sugar for every 5 parts of solution. So does that mean, for example..1 cup of sugar for every 5 cups of water?

2. I know rooting compound is fairly cheap, but will the asprin in water really work? Or the willow tea?

3. I also read that if you interupt ur dark cycle during the VEG. period with 1/2 hr. or so of light(I don't remember how often it said) that you may have a better chance of ur plant bein a female?

4. If I wanted to grow outdoors, can I grow indoors for so long then transplant outdoors? If so..Can I transplant outdoors late in the season to have shorter plants so my nosy neighbors don't call the cops, or rob me? Or can I maybe use LST outdoors to keep them shorter?

5. Is it true that I should NOT use already fertilized soil?

If I have any more ?'s I WILL be back! I love this site!!!

1.Heard of it, but was told it don't do alot since you usually have fans blowing.

2. don't know about this one.

3. I would have to disagree with this one. I think this might stress the plant and make it male. But I don't know.

4. I started my plants indoors and move them out doors. But I don't have a neighbor problem. Be very careful in doing this, this can get you thrown in jail very quickly. And of course you can use LST to keep them shorter.

5. Yes, you want to control the nutes you feed your plants.

I am quite sure someone else maybe able to answer your questions. plus I am a newb. So I could be wrong on all questions. Just passing on what I have learned.

Re: I have a few questions..

1. yes.
2. maybe. i use just regular water and dip cutting in rooting gel before putting in a bubbler.
3.maybe...or it might make em go herm.
4.yes. but need to harden off plants to get accustomed to outside light and environmental conditions.
5. no. one of the most popular soils, Fox Farms Ocean Farms, is augmented.

Back
Top Bottom