I have a small problem

Rolypoly

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has encountered anthing like this.
Im using aeroponics to grow my cannabis. I am getting tannish spots
on my leaves. Not all of them, but slowly they are getting spotted.
I looked for bugs, but I didn't see anything. I know problems with
nutes sometimes show on the edge of the leaves. Could this be the
problem? Any input would be much appreciated.
P.S. On my three part nutrient bottle this is the application.
Seedling: 1/4 teaspoon each nutrient
General use: 1 teaspoon each
Vegetative: grow: 3tsp micro: 2tsp bloom: 1tsp
Transition to bloom: 2tsp each
Blooming and Ripening: grow: 1tsp micro: 2tsp, bloom: 3tsp

:thanks:

Could be a ph problem causing nute lockout.(sounds like it could be calcium) Or it could Be water drops and the light burning them in spots. Or a number of other things. A picture would be very beneficial to help diagnose.

nibec, thanks for your reply. It seems to have resolved itself. I had her in the basement,
and the air was kind of stale down there, and on top of that I had creepy crawlys. Not the
usual plant pests, but teeny weeny little sugar ants, and either flying ants.(they had wings)
OR we have a termite problem.:yikes: I promptly went to Home Depot and got something
to nuke them with. Haven't seen one bug since.
So I am keeping her upstairs in my kitchen, and she seems so much happier. Plus the fact
that Im not so concerned about my lights going on and off upstairs with no one the wiser.
If you would like to click on My Photos, you can see how my girl is doing.:morenutes:

OPPS! maybe not. nibec, there is a picture in my gallery photos of one of my leaves that
has the beige spotting. Hope you can shed some light on whats going on.:thanks:

hmm, thats an odd one to see by itself. doesnt really look like burning but it could be...

by the sounds of the directions on your nutes. you are using either general hydroponics 3 part... or advanced nutrients jungle juice... and i dont think AN puts their feeding sheduals on the bottle... soooo... are you using GH?

if so... back off a bit on what they say for nutes... go about 3/4 str instead of full str. and add a little calmag.

when i used GH, i always had to do that. maybe you do too.

Im using Ultra Grow, Ultra Micro, Ultra Bloom. I'll try backing off a bit on the nutes
and see if adding a little calmag will work. :thanks:

Hi mate,
Your plants may have a deficiency of some kind, There are alist of defic. and their effects on the plants.
That may help you resolve ur issue. Im sorry i do not have a link to it but someone may be able to find it for ya!
Goodluk mate, SMOKEMUP;)

Smokemupm8, thanks for the suggestion. nibec, sorry to say, I don't know what my ppm or ph is. I know thats important,
and I should get a meter for those. My plant is 19 days old from seed. I am experimenting with my Aerogarden that has
cfl.

Smokemupm8, thanks for the suggestion. nibec, sorry to say, I don't know what my ppm or ph is. I know thats important,
and I should get a meter for those. My plant is 19 days old from seed. I am experimenting with my Aerogarden that has
cfl.

Hi mate,
I have NEVER tested my PPM.. Now im not saying its not good to do, but i never have as i havent had a reason to.. I just posted about this before, i do not even know exactly what the 'Parts Per Million' are im meant to be measuring??? Is it about the waters composition yeah? Anyways, as i grow in soil, i do use a PH meter, ya can get one from any Bunnings/hardware-gardening shop for about $10. I also have a water Ph test kit, cost$5 same place, i use these to check my water/feed solution is on the 6.0-6.5 level.
Both are handy to have.. Now nutrients can cause probs in a few ways.. Sometimes as said causing lock out of some nutrient s to the plant.. What growing medium are you using??

If you are feeding the proper amount. That looks like a slight mag def. which would indicate your ph might be too low. OR it's lacking mag in the nutes...

It's hard to diagnose without a ph tester.

Ppm is great to have as you can keep your plant dialed in easier. Expecially in hydro or areo. But isn't required. But I do highly suggest it.

Thanks nibec, and smokemupm8 I really appreciate your help and input. Smokemupm8, Im
doing a little experiment using my Aerogarden. I dabbled in hydroponics when I was a
teenager, and figured, since I already had an Aerogarden, I would give it a try.
This morning I changed out my nutrient solution, and according to the instructions, I upped
the micro to 2 tsp. Maybe if it is a slight magnesium def, this will help. :green_heart:

Most nutrients are made to hit 5.6-5.8 ph when mixed properly into RO water. Which is perfect for hydro and aero.

So.. Technically if you were to dump your res every week, and refill from scratch... You should be in the ball park.. Keep in mind ph can run up or down as much as a full number in a day.. But if things are healthy, and you have a big res. it should stay relatively stable.. I'd aim for changing the res every 5 days without any meters.

With ppm and ph meters. I only change my hydro res once
Every 2-3 months. (be careful to watch your plants for signs of toxic levels of one type of nute when doing this. And Add the proper nutes as needed so you don't add too much of
What the plant isn't using much)

"sigh" I can't believe this. My plant is drooping. See pic in the gallery. What the heck?
Either its going to recover, or Im going to lose it. Today was the change out day for
my nutrients. When I was draining the resevoir, I did accidentaly suck up a root. I didn't
break it, and didn't think I damaged it, but who knows? Now what?
I think next time I'll just stickem in dirt.:straightface:

Heats not a problem, I've got air circulation. and my nozels are ok. This doesn't look good at all. If I pulled her out
and planted her in dirt, would I be able to save her that way? or once you are doing Aeroponic
there are no alternatives? I know I probably would be taking a chance. What do you think?.

Back
Top Bottom