I have pollen sacs! Help! Optic foliar switch?

I go in right at the end of veg and strip out the bottom third of my plants, just to get airflow and better light penetration. I just assumed that this was what we were seeing.
There is 4 weeks left, it is a 8 week strain. & yes I lollipopped the shit out of it. But over the course of time not all in one go, started 3-4 weeks ago till now.
I feel that to many fan leaves have been removed. In a couple of the photos I can see from the top down and there is not enough canopy left to block the view. Other photos and the view is from below looking up and the walls of the tent can be seen pretty high up.

The process that Emilya went through is closer to a 'Lollipopping' trimming method since she does not strip out the top 2/3rds. Same sort of thing with trimming a ScrOG. Most of the leaf and bud growth below the screen is removed. To finish off the trimming a lot less is removed above the screen. My impression over the years of looking at journals and photos of 'Lollipop' and 'ScrOg' plants made me think the way to do it is to have plenty of fan leaves in the top area. Enough that it is hard to see through the canopy.

Those fan leaves left on the plant will be the ones to handle the photosynthesis through the rest of the flowering stage. Since these Cannabis plants tend to stop developing new fan leaves once flowering starts we have to be ready to help if signs of deficiencies start to show.

Back
Top Bottom