I just don't know where to put this (drying fresh frozen weed)...?!?

ReMarkAble

So here's the deal. I don't know much of anything about producing usable product, but I happened to have come upon a quantity of frozen weed that was frozen as a fresh plant, as in not cured or dried first. I can't keep this in a freezer for any length of time and am not ready to make butter with it either. On top of that it would be nice to cure it as best it can be so it could be smoked and not too awful harsh. Unfortunately I need this done fast as well (like 4-6 hours tops), so I know that will not help smokability, but given all these factors what would you guys suggest?

I was considering using a 170 degree oven with the door open a crack, but if there is a way to improve the smokeability, I suppose it is possible to go only so far in the oven then finish with a slower method, and I could stretch the cure to 24 hours but max that's the longest I can do. Just looking for suggestions thanks in advance!

Turns out I didn't even know what I had. It was previously cured trim, that had been "run through a bubble hash machine once"? There are still visible trichomes remaining though, not a ton though. I vaguely know what that means, I know it's good enough to make oil and butter from but it probably lost most of it's value as smoke unless I go with ISO hash hasn't it?

I don't care if it's weaker smoke, I just didn't want it to taste awful if I ever smoke any. I'm curious how much THC luss there would be after making bubble hash though?

What I did is took the half I know I'll cook with soon and fully oven dried it. I took the other half and got it to "very damp" in an oven and a warm room over several hours, now room temperature drying... I'll let ya know the results. I wish I knew more about this stuff. You can read and read, but until you do, you never truly know!

Not once you dry it again (it won't evaporate with the water)! The resin and water do not mix. The water only rinses off loose trichomes.

At least that's my limited understanding...?

I think that is correct ReMarkAble, that is why you have to freeze it before you do the bubble wash (I use a small portable washer for 10 mins, put loads of frozen Ice in the cold water as well to keep the water cold (below 3 degree C) and the triks then break off because of the cold and wash into the main water outside the filter bag) so on this note, if it has been done correctly through the wash then there will be very little left to salvage, and to be honest, i put the washed trim into a plastic bag and let it stand for a few weeks then put it in the bottom of my new grow, just opened the bag and hey presto free Co2 for a few weeks.

I would bet its not smokable.
do a Butane extraction & see what comes out , not much I would think.
save a lot of effort & just cannabutter it. make some R-ice k_rispky treats or my current Fav... carmel fudge.
"Carmel Delights" that is my new prefered DRUG of Choice!
Slag

Back
Top Bottom