I love growing, but I have too much: what to do?

When you’re making tinctures, with too much weed as your problem, ignore the recipes! I’m waiting on 4 Oz dry/ 750ml 190 EVERCLEAR to finish 3 months of sitting in a cool dark place. I also did 4 Oz if ABV/ 750 ml 190 EVERCLEAR! Just roll your extra into tinctures!

Has anyone run into this yet? I did my very first ever grow with two plants and had a reasonable harvest. About 7 and a half ounces. Right now my wife is abstaining and this is enough to last me probably a year. Having said that, I am hooked on the gardening and have already bought a bigger tent and bigger LED light to fit, but if I start another grow (which I am itching to do) I'm going to have way more than I need. I'll turn some into some strong oil (it takes a HUGE amount for edibles to work for me) and after that, I'm at a loss.

I am in a backwards state and I'm not going to sell it and I don't have any local relatives who use, so has anyone else had this problem?
Dude make butter, make your own rosin. so much to do. Did you grow stellar ass weed your first grow?? I say this because each grow you get better and better and if you had 7 zips from your first plant, Id say you have stellar growing skills so why not put those to good use :) Heres my problem.....Time.....I dont have time as bad as I think I have it I dont. Moving in July and even If I ran an auto I dont think I would have time , damn maybe I do have time. All I need to do is hang light back up in my 3by3 that for some reason I havent broken down yet and packed away.......4/11 to 6/11 ish .........nope, I remember this guy last summer who had to cut his plant early and take it with him to dry and cure. Id rather just wait until I move and get my setup right to grow perpetually. You can store weed for a year and longer if cured right. Also, You will run out in 6 months not a year. Thats almost a given...jus sayin GL, Ive rambled long enough lol

Dude make butter, make your own rosin. so much to do. Did you grow stellar ass weed your first grow?? I say this because each grow you get better and better and if you had 7 zips from your first plant, Id say you have stellar growing skills so why not put those to good use :) Heres my problem.....Time.....I dont have time as bad as I think I have it I dont. Moving in July and even If I ran an auto I dont think I would have time , damn maybe I do have time. All I need to do is hang light back up in my 3by3 that for some reason I havent broken down yet and packed away.......4/11 to 6/11 ish .........nope, I remember this guy last summer who had to cut his plant early and take it with him to dry and cure. Id rather just wait until I move and get my setup right to grow perpetually. You can store weed for a year and longer if cured right. Also, You will run out in 6 months not a year. Thats almost a given...jus sayin GL, Ive rambled long enough lol

I am going to make some gummies for my wife, but edibles do nothing for me. 10mg sends her to the moon and 300mg barely touches me. I did just order an STX 420 infuzer that has a setting for tinctures, so I'm going to try that. I'm just nearing harvest on 3 plants that I think should give me 10 ounces, so I'd better get busy.

Here’s what I do with my flower. I have a Nug Smasher mini and that’s all you need . 2 ton heat press and make your own rosin. I wish I had a few extra jars laying around , I’d be pressing like a champ . Right now I press 3.5 grams and that gets my by for 3 or 4 days depending. I wanna have enough that I can actually play with temps / time / weight , etc . Every press seems to get better and better

Attachments

• 1F17FF58-46E6-48A5-9D2D-964A96AB7925.jpeg
    1F17FF58-46E6-48A5-9D2D-964A96AB7925.jpeg
    674.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 63C90BB8-F361-4781-8673-50742DEA31B2.jpeg
    63C90BB8-F361-4781-8673-50742DEA31B2.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 47B3AB57-47EF-47EB-A8BD-9AD763280DBC.jpeg
    47B3AB57-47EF-47EB-A8BD-9AD763280DBC.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 112
  • CC77E82B-72BC-432F-992D-2BE93CA781BF.jpeg
    CC77E82B-72BC-432F-992D-2BE93CA781BF.jpeg
    764.9 KB · Views: 112
Here’s what I do with my flower. I have a Nug Smasher mini and that’s all you need . 2 ton heat press and make your own rosin. I wish I had a few extra jars laying around , I’d be pressing like a champ . Right now I press 3.5 grams and that gets my by for 3 or 4 days depending. I wanna have enough that I can actually play with temps / time / weight , etc . Every press seems to get better and better
Never tried doing dabs. I have another harvest with 3 plants and this time I got about 6oz smokeable and two more to make hash/edibles/tinctures from one plant. Another plant was crap and only got about two halfway smokeable zips and 3 more that will have to be made into something else. Still have one more plant in the tent waiting to be harvested. I got a butter/oil/tincture machine and already did gummies for the wife. I need to try the tincture setting and see how that works.

Has anyone run into this yet? I did my very first ever grow with two plants and had a reasonable harvest. About 7 and a half ounces. Right now my wife is abstaining and this is enough to last me probably a year. Having said that, I am hooked on the gardening and have already bought a bigger tent and bigger LED light to fit, but if I start another grow (which I am itching to do) I'm going to have way more than I need. I'll turn some into some strong oil (it takes a HUGE amount for edibles to work for me) and after that, I'm at a loss.

I am in a backwards state and I'm not going to sell it and I don't have any local relatives who use, so has anyone else had this problem?
No because I would sell

Ok, this is wrong :rolleyes: but I have a friend who buys part of my grow. I sell it only to him, and he loves the price. I know, you’ll write me in prison. LOL

I am afraid to sell to anyone, since if the cops ask where did you buy it and they tell the truth, I go to jail for trafficking. It’s legal here but I don’t push the limits

Ok, this is wrong :rolleyes: but I have a friend who buys part of my grow. I sell it only to him, and he loves the price. I know, you’ll write me in prison. LOL

I wouldn't say that. Everyone has their own comfort level. Personally, I think this plant should be 100% legal and I shouldn't be any more afraid to grow cannabis than I would growing tomatoes. I personally won't sell because of the consequences and so I'm going to be making a bunch of bubble hash and I'm going to see if tinctures will work for me since edibles don't.

Those of you that share it, are you afraid that letting people know that you grow is a security risk? Even in a legal state, I would think if somebody you give it to happens to mention it to someone who is unsavory they might try robbing you or your plants? I'm not in a legal state, so there are other security issues as well.

Anyone just passing through the neighborhood knows many of us grow. Heck, my tallest plants usually are quite visible over the fence and have frequently been the subject of compliments on how they look and smell, and are often conversation starters, quite often ending in me handing off a baggie with a few buds.

I have a story to tell about a pleasant encounter from last week, but I need to just write it out offline when I don't have a ton of other things to do.

I am afraid to sell to anyone, since if the cops ask where did you buy it and they tell the truth, I go to jail for trafficking. It’s legal here but I don’t push the limits

I never sell. I give away, which is legal in Oregon as long as no compensation is offered directly in return, and everyone involved is of legal age. Of course, I would never snitch on anyone for indulging in their entrepreneurial spirit and selling weed (or shrooms or peyote for that matter, come to think of it...though I have not yet had the opportunity to try either).

But I have to say, if I ever hear of anyone reselling stuff I have given away...

I would be hugely flattered, and would give an under the table thumbs up that my work has some significant street value. Of course, I would still be interested in knowing what the street price of my grow is, for more of an ego boost (or deflation if it is considerably lower than the lowest dispensary prices.)

I grow from seed every grow. Because of this I always find lesser pheno's that are not as good as others. These are for my friends. This way I can smoke what I want and need and still help others. I have 2 friends that know whats going on. They give it out to the people that want or need it.

If you live in high populated areas. There are lots of people that could be helped by what you grow. Look into donating the left overs to vets of seniors.
[/

I hope to have the same problem when I get started. I'll give most to friends. BTW if you are in Vegas I'd be happy to take some off your hands. I too have a hard time with edibles. takes 2 or 3 boxes of gummies for me to feel a little relief.

Sometimes I give my excess to homeless folks. The ones here panhandle for drug money, so i could give a dollar towards getting high on gawd knows what tainted street drug or hand out a few doobies that cost me .02 and they're VERY happy about it.
After a few cycles i start thinning out the lesser stuff and put it aside. There's one old rasta guy with a prosthetic leg who just looks so pained limping down the sidewalk but he sure feels a little better after i drive off and that's cool. Feels good cheering up those down and out.
This is a perfect idea! Your a good dude. That Rasta dude has probably had a ruff life and your Herb helps him meditate and praise his higher power. To cool.

I give a large portion of mine away to a friend that passes it out to older folks that appreciate it. I only harvest the very tops. I throw out all the lower stuff. If I still have stuff that has been hanging around for over a year I flush it. I only trust one person and if he can't take it I toss it. The last thing I want or need is too much weight in the house should stuff go sideways.

I am getting to the point of only growing two plants at a time. I hate trimming and can get enough of 6 plants a year to last me and my friend from harvest to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom