I may have messed up I need some help

Greencheezit

So I was tying some branches down tonight and broke a branch . . . . Smh I'm pretty pissed about it wasnt a full break more like a severe crack it's about 3 to 4 weeks into flowering just watered it tonight plz help not sure wat to do is it gna kill the branch ? Or just really stress her out ?

Attachments

• 20190910_215305.jpg
    20190910_215305.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 20190910_212910.jpg
    20190910_212910.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 121
just secure the breaks back together as good as you can. Try to seal the break well by having the branches pressed together well. If they didnt snap clean off they will heal up, have a knuckle for a scar and be just fine. Leafs on broken branches may sag just a little for a day or two but in most cases they wont even sag.. Dont sweat it.

Thanks man

just secure the breaks back together as good as you can. Try to seal the break well by having the branches pressed together well. If they didnt snap clean off they will heal up, have a knuckle for a scar and be just fine. Leafs on broken branches may sag just a little for a day or two but in most cases they wont even sag.. Dont sweat it.

I dont have to worry about any flowering issues ?

I have one that snapped 2/3 of the way through.I taped her up and she's just a bit smaller in height than the rest but her bud production looks really good.

Thanks man

I dont have to worry about any flowering issues ?
Nope, fluids will still be able to circulate even when 90% snaps. As long as nothing foreign gets in there too make her sick it will be fine.
Dont get me wrong, it's best not to break em but it does happen to the best of us and they usually always keep on trucking.

Tie a string on broken branch 3"-6" outwards from break, tie the other end upwards 6-12" snugly to the main stalk to hold the break tightly together. That's all I ever do and have no issue at all. Some people use duct tape but I prefer not to. In about a week the break will be healed.
If break is close enough to the bottom you can just place an object under the branch but on top of the pot that keeps the wound pushed together.

Tie a string on broken branch 3"-6" outwards from break, tie the other end upwards 6-12" snugly to the main stalk to hold the break tightly together. That's all I ever do and have no issue at all. Some people use duct tape but I prefer not to. In about a week the break will be healed.
If break is close enough to the bottom you can just place an object under the branch but on top of the pot that keeps the wound pushed together.

I dont have another branch to tie it to I bent all the branches down

Painters tape. It peels off easy if you need to adjust. And tieing it up is a good idea as well. Id do both. Because where you broke it , it would not be real easy to make a splint to support the limbs weight.
Put a stake/stick along the edge of your pot. Obviously one taller than the plant, lol. And tie off to that. The Lawn & Garden section at your hardware store, or your Nursery should have Stakes like bamboo or artificial ones that will be thin enough and rigid enough, and not disrupt your plants roots when you insert.

Any suggestions on what I should use to wrap it up ?
Use medical tape/soft pipe cleaners. Spray it with water daily. This acts like Neosporin on your skin and heals quicker than any other way.
Don’t use duct tape or painters tape. Medical is sterilized. I’ve broken MANY main stocks in flower. Trust me, this is the BEST way.

Wrap as close to the main stalk on both ends. I just spaced the tape so you could see the bamboo.
803304B9-60C7-4A59-9D93-CF2C82D2E01E.jpeg

Wrap as close to the main stalk on both ends. I just spaced the tape so you could see the bamboo.
803304B9-60C7-4A59-9D93-CF2C82D2E01E.jpeg
You might even wrap a piece of tape over the break first, then strap the bamboo brace. It works.
Just ran down and took this. I’m in week 9, it folded all the way over and split about three weeks ago.
60693F94-4038-4F85-A27D-CD0AB2873556.jpeg

The cola from that stem.
66AF6099-F0BD-41B3-8573-2365140A85EC.jpeg

I usually fix breaks with popsicle sticks and tape but the medical tape is a good idea from @AdaminCO . I always find the duct tape a bit harsh for lack of a better term but I've used it with success. I wouldn't attempt to remove a splint for 2 weeks. A sharp razor blade slices the tape open just like cutting a cast off.

Back
Top Bottom