I need a good super soil recipe

Dam $60.00 for shipping on two bags, the compost is only $50 I cant do that is there any thing else I can use ?
Jeebus, yeah I just checked and it was $59 for me also.
When I bought mine I did it on their black friday sale, got most everything for 25-35% off and lots of it was free shipping, i think I saved about $200 but I had several bags of soil, couple of compost, Craftblend, etc so even though the shipping was still stiff it wasn't terrible because it was a larger order and most all of it was on sale.

I am sure there must be some good compost somewhere out there but shipping on 45# bag is always going to be insane no matter where it comes from.
Since you're not starting for like 7 months you could just make your own compost.
Or try to find some near enough to you that you can drive there and pick it up in person.

Jeebus, yeah I just checked and it was $59 for me also.
When I bought mine I did it on their black friday sale, got most everything for 25-35% off and lots of it was free shipping, i think I saved about $200 but I had several bags of soil, couple of compost, Craftblend, etc so even though the shipping was still stiff it wasn't terrible because it was a larger order and most all of it was on sale.

I am sure there must be some good compost somewhere out there but shipping on 45# bag is always going to be insane no matter where it comes from.
Since you're not starting for like 7 months you could just make your own compost.
Or try to find some near enough to you that you can drive there and pick it up in person.
My buddy makes compost from grass clippings , fruit and Veggie left overs a little saw dust etc. I will get some more from him it will still be hot so I will let it cook for a couple months , I have some in a couple 30 gal. pots I have had for two years maybe I will use some of it. I have Amazon Prime so the soil I order from there is free shipping and the Grow Stones Hydrotons etc.

This is my soil currently.
This is after 7 grows, its alive, you can almost see it breathing, you can smell it.
I can take my hand with fingers straight and push right down into this soil at least as far as my wrist with very little effort, its pillowy soft.
When I pour water on it it disappears just as fast as if I were pouring through a screen door.
100s of worms, 1000s of Beetles Trillions of microbes.

I have to ask. WTH are all those bugs and do they wander away throughout the house? I'm all for organic soil, but I'm not sure about introducing bugs into my home

I have to ask. WTH are all those bugs and do they wander away throughout the house? I'm all for organic soil, but I'm not sure about introducing bugs into my home
Those are Rove Beetles, I've had a few slowly hover around the house but very few, they seem to like it right there in the pot, it's a nice little ecosystem for them.
They also only live 20 days so 1000s are born and die right there in the pot every month, they eat and shit right in that pot.
That's a lot of insect fras and a lot of little dead bodies full of nutrients and Chitin.
And with 1000s of them patrolling around like that fungus gnats have no chance.
Now fungus gnats which I don't have anymore because of the beetles used to be all over the house.

Those are Rove Beetles, I've had a few slowly hover around the house but very few, they seem to like it right there in the pot, it's a nice little ecosystem for them.
They also only live 20 days so 1000s are born and die right there in the pot every month, they eat and shit right in that pot.
That's a lot of insect fras and a lot of little dead bodies full of nutrients and Chitin.
And with 1000s of them patrolling around like that fungus gnats have no chance.
Now fungus gnats which I don't have anymore because of the beetles used to be all over the house.
Did you add them in or did they come from the soil ?

I bought 500 from Buildasoil and they have multiplied wildly.
Perfect way to get rid of fungus gnats totally organically and improve your soil at the same time.
Dam something else to buy Lol .... Sounds like they are worth it

Dam something else to buy Lol .... Sounds like they are worth it
They certainly were to me.
Fungus gnats are inevitable in a living organic soil grow, no way around it, you're going to get them period.

A 100% guaranteed way to rid yourself of them forever if you already have them is a triple threat.
You get Gnatrol which is just a really good BTI , then Yellow sticky cards, and then finish up with Rove Beetles.
In 3 weeks or less fungus gnats are gone and never return as long as you maintain a strong population of Rove Beetles.
I've seen like two fungus gnats in the past month, I used to freak out and chase it down like a bedroom mosquito but now I laugh at his poor ass and dare him to lay eggs in that soil, the Beetles would be all over those eggs within seconds.

I found this on Amazon what is everyone's opinion on this light …………………………………………………………………………………. LED Grow Light - 1200W COB LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum with UV IR 3000K COBs 3W Osram Chips for Indoor Plants Veg Flower Lighting

Attachments

• Grow Light.PNG
    Grow Light.PNG
    249.7 KB · Views: 46
My little plants

Attachments

• 20190824_151555.jpg
    20190824_151555.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190824_151542.jpg
    20190824_151542.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190824_151455.jpg
    20190824_151455.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190824_151442.jpg
    20190824_151442.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190824_151428.jpg
    20190824_151428.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190824_151421.jpg
    20190824_151421.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190824_151405.jpg
    20190824_151405.jpg
    949.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190824_151349.jpg
    20190824_151349.jpg
    966 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190816_072059.jpg
    20190816_072059.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190816_072048.jpg
    20190816_072048.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 40
If you buy from buildasoil you might as well buy the Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 living organic soil.
It has everything in it in the correct quantities.
Just add a cover crop, worms, mycorrhazae inoculate and some Gro-kashi on top.
I got the Oly mix ordered and I ordered the coots mix. I already had some FF Ocean Forest and FF Happy Frog I was going to mix the Fox Farm soils and do a comparison of all three. I can top dress with the other stuff I have on the Fox Farm soils. I will plant a cover crop of clover on all the soils. Will I have to let the Oly mix and the coots mix sit for a while before planting a germinated seed in them ?

I got the Oly mix ordered and I ordered the coots mix. I already had some FF Ocean Forest and FF Happy Frog I was going to mix the Fox Farm soils and do a comparison of all three. I can top dress with the other stuff I have on the Fox Farm soils. I will plant a cover crop of clover on all the soils. Will I have to let the Oly mix and the coots mix sit for a while before planting a germinated seed in them ?
The Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 LOS is ready right out of the bag because the compost is 2 years old and it's all been mixed and setting in bags for no telling how long.

As far as "Coots Mix" I assume that's the nutrient kit to make your own?
Odds are that will need to cook for awhile especially if the compost you use is fresh not aged.

The Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 LOS is ready right out of the bag because the compost is 2 years old and it's all been mixed and setting in bags for no telling how long.

Odds are that will need to cook for awhile especially if the compost you use is fresh not aged.
I got the Oly mix and it looks like it may be enough for one 20gal. pot the Coots mix is coming today and yes I bought the Coots mix and the stuff they said to use as a base so I will mix it and let it sit, All of the stuff I bought is for next spring in less I can come up with the money to buy a tent and fit it out with lights , carbon filters etc. I have some of my buddies compost I have had in a couple 50gal. pots it is about two years old so it should not still be hot I got the Coast of Main compost , Peat Moss and BU blend with some Grow Stones and Hydrotons for the Coots mix that's what they recommended. I found my way over to the High Brix page and some of the members suggested I check it out I did but I already bought all this other stuff. I think I want a living soil I'm not sure that's what they are using. Do you know much about the High Brix line ?

I got the Oly mix and it looks like it may be enough for one 20gal. pot the Coots mix is coming today and yes I bought the Coots mix and the stuff they said to use as a base so I will mix it and let it sit, All of the stuff I bought is for next spring in less I can come up with the money to buy a tent and fit it out with lights , carbon filters etc. I have some of my buddies compost I have had in a couple 50gal. pots it is about two years old so it should not still be hot I got the Coast of Main compost , Peat Moss and BU blend with some Grow Stones and Hydrotons for the Coots mix that's what they recommended. I found my way over to the High Brix page and some of the members suggested I check it out I did but I already bought all this other stuff. I think I want a living soil I'm not sure that's what they are using. Do you know much about the High Brix line ?
When you run a proper living organic soil your Brix should be pretty decent anyway.
Mine seems to stay between 10 to 12 on my brix refractometer.
Not super high, but not bad either.
And I do nothing to try to specifically raise my brix.

When you run a proper living organic soil your Brix should be pretty decent anyway.
Mine seems to stay between 10 to 12 on my brix refractometer.
Not super high, but not bad either.
And I do nothing to try to specifically raise my brix.
It Looks like there are different products to use with the Brix system kind of like Fox Farm Big Bloom or Grow Big etc. so is it a living soil you use additives with or what and how do you measure the Brix ? what is a Brix Refractometer ? how does it measure ? I'm not sure I really understand what it is I have looked through post on High Brix method and read stuff on their web site it looks like you just use their products am I missing something:goof:

Everything came in. I have another question , If I mix the coots stuff up and store it in my garage until the middle or end of March will it and the Oly mix be OK? I live in Ohio so it gets cold through the winter. Will that hurt the soil or do I have to store it in the house due to the cold ?

Back
Top Bottom