I don't recommend Bovedas go in until you seal the jars for curing. Burping/rice balls/dehumidifiers get the buds into range, humidity packs are for storage. Don't use them to lower the RH in the jars during burping. They don't move the needle fast enough to save the harvest from rot.

if your ambient room rh is 72% there's no way a boveda can take it drier in the jar. that's not a debate lol.

i've definitely had 70% rh in the jars with a room rh in the 50's, and used bovedas to help bring it in range. the advantage they offered was a longer burp and cure period before sealing long term.

No matter what your ambient RH is, I sincerely recommend you not rely on humidity packs to save your harvest from rot. That is not what they were designed to do. They are for maintaining RH, not quickly lowering it to a range where you can feel safe.

Don't believe me? Take a jar of buds that have settled at 70% after 24 hours and put in a Boveda 62 (designed for that size jar ;) ) and see how long it takes to get to 62%. Not fast enough for mold not to grow.

No matter what your ambient RH is, I sincerely recommend you not rely on humidity packs to save your harvest from rot. That is not what they were designed to do. They are for maintaining RH, not quickly lowering it to a range where you can feel safe.

Don't believe me? Take a jar of buds that have settled at 70% after 24 hours and put in a Boveda 62 (designed for that size jar ;) ) and see how long it takes to get to 62%. Not fast enough for mold not to grow.

well if you let it sit lol. that's what the burping is about. i don't rely on the humidity packs either.

your example is exactly what i dealt with on the spring cure. 2 1/2 month cure or more after it hit the jars. yes i was nip and tuck with worry over mold. no i did not get any. yes i had bovedas buried in the jars.

burped 3 times daily at first for up to 1/2 hr each time. took a few wks. then 2 times a day for a few wks more. then 2 times a day for 15 - 20 min each. then once a day for 15 -20 min. then sealed and left. all with bovedas in.

edit : it's way more burping and work than would be normal. i also had a dry jar at the end of winter that required adding stalks and other tricks in the jar to bring the rh up with the bovedas. both harvests are in the jars at the same rh at present.

@InTheShed I heard you make dummies with the magical butter machine? I've been making some killer cannibutter in my oven. I recently purchased a magical butter and last night i tried to make this MAGICAL COCONUT OIL from the magical butter website. I dont think the heat recommendation at 160 F for 2 hours was hot enough. Have you tried this? usually i cook butter at 200F in the oven for 45 min and it comes out STRONG, however my oil is very weak !

Making any kind of edibles begins with decarbing the buds. 60 minutes at 240ºF in the oven is a good place to start.

From there, you infuse the butter/oil in the MB with the decarbed buds. 160ºF is the standard for that, and at least 4 hours would be the time setting. I run my oils for 8 hours and let it sit overnight, then do another 8 hours the next day. After I strain it and while it's hot, I add 1Tbs/cup of liquid sunflower lecithin (which makes it much easier for your body to absorb the THC). That mix goes in the fridge overnight, and the next day it's ready to make gummies/brownies/cookies.

This is the recipe I use:
Two 3oz boxes of regular Jello (with sugar!)
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

And if you want to see a full description with pictures, you can skip down to the middle of this post (the first half is how to decarb and infuse, which I've described above).

Here is another recipe as well.

Making any kind of edibles begins with decarbing the buds. 60 minutes at 240ºF in the oven is a good place to start.

From there, you infuse the butter/oil in the MB with the decarbed buds. 160ºF is the standard for that, and at least 4 hours would be the time setting. I run my oils for 8 hours and let it sit overnight, then do another 8 hours the next day. After I strain it and while it's hot, I add 1Tbs/cup of liquid sunflower lecithin (which makes it much easier for your body to absorb the THC). That mix goes in the fridge overnight, and the next day it's ready to make gummies/brownies/cookies.

This is the recipe I use:
Two 3oz boxes of regular Jello (with sugar!)
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

And if you want to see a full description with pictures, you can skip down to the middle of this post (the first half is how to decarb and infuse, which I've described above).

Here is another recipe as well.
Thank you very much. YES, know how to decarb in oven first thanks. You have confirmed that the instructions and recipes on MBM site are not accurate for best results. What is EVOO, the infused coconut oil?

@InTheShed Also, since my oil did not infuse long enough and i refrigerated it last night and saved the weed from the strainer in the fridges also , could i put the infusion with the strain weed back into to magical b utter for another 8 hrs? or is it now too late? And Is it ok to use regular cold pressed organic coconut oil if i melt it before i put it in the Magical butter machine?

Back
Top Bottom