I need an opinion as to the health of my plants

blahblahblah

:Namaste:

HI guys! I've been using soil as the base medium, and fertilizers were mostly organic. It's shilavati, a landrace from india, and i've heard seasoned growers say that the plant matures in about 5 months and grows to be 6 ft or taller.

My plant is currently 5'6" and it has stopped growing any more and the pistils are developing and it seems flowering has set in. However, the problem i'm facing is that everyday i keep on loosing about 15-20 leaves. Although most of the leaves are from the bottom portion, but a significant amount also keeps on falling from the top portions also.

I was initially concerned that it was a nitrogen deficiency, but that doesn't seem to be it. I read in some forums that as flowering gets closer the fan leaves are supposed to fall off, but i just need to be sure that things are going the right way. i read in a few journals that it's best to remove most of the fan leaves as it nears flowering and so i did an intensive trimming today and got rid of a lot of old leaves.

I was growing it in a pot and it was placed outside, however since it has been very stormy outside for the past few days, i brought it in.

IMG_20150920_085332570.jpg
IMG_20150920_085256864.jpg
IMG_20150915_083152679.jpg

Have a look and please let me know if it seems alright.

Over-watered to hell and back!
The leaves are a good colour. I can't see any clawing, browning, yellowing or purple'ing so you don't have a nute problem.
Only problem I can see if over-watering. Let her dry out for as least 3 days with no water what-so-ever. If the pot is still a bit heavy, leave her for 1 or 2 days more. She will generally tell you if she wants water.
Overall, she looks good and with some gentle nurturing she'll bounce back in no time.

:goodjob:

I admit over watering was definitely an issue, although I used to water on alternate days only. Just that the weather has been pretty unpredictable.
Thank you earthwaker and rifleman.

Back
Top Bottom