i need help and advice please!

alex801

hi, im alex and im new to this site and im asking for advice before i start my first grow. i thank everyone for taking the time to read this and for any replies.
firstly my grow space is.... 6ft wide... 2.5ft deep... and 7ft high... thats what iv got no more no less. the equipment iv got is, 1x 500watt hps bulb with cannopy and balast. 1x carbon filter, 2x fans, and 10x big bud feminized seeds. im going to buy the best quality soil i can source localy. first question?? i almost feel silly for asking but when u buy feminized seeds are you buying seeds that almost gaurantee you female plants? second question?? with my grow space being as small as it is and with the size light i have how many plant should i aim to grow in space i have? 3rd question and i no its a one that probably cant be answered accurately. iv read all about yield size per sqm. but realisticly if i grow the ammount of plants you recomend in my grow area and all goes as well as can be expected, how many gram could i expect roughly in dry wheight from each of my plants?. iv been reading into everything i can for some time and taken the plunge to join the site and ask for help. so any would be appriciated. thanks very much. alex in the u.k

Re: i need help and advice please !!!

one more question pleaseee. hear in the u.k the police are realy taking mari growing rather to seriously!!! near by a man was busted through heat seeking helicopter, im worried slightly. that man was growing enough skunk to suply half the country lol were as im using one 500 watt hps. would the heat off my grow be enough to show up on the heat seeker helicopter??? iv tried to position my grow area as central in my house as possiable so as all heat wont be leaving through one window and will be a little more dispersed through the upper of my house

Re: i need help and advice please !!!

you will need more lighting for your space. at 50 wpsf (watts per sq foot), you need close to double what you have. 6-8 plants for your area. if you yield a gram a watt, you are doin good....

Femed seeds are not 100%. Better odds than standard seeds but not 100%. With your space size and lighting I would shoot for 2-3 plants max. Big Bud is a heavy producer. Grow properly with good soil and top quality nutes and care 1-2oz per plant should be achievable. Possibly even more.

thanks very much, thats the thing with asking advice, every one has different oppinions as to how to do it, you recomend 2-3 plants and the guy above 6-8 plants. i almost feel bad on one of yous for picking which way to do it lol,

thanks very much, thats the thing with asking advice, every one has different oppinions as to how to do it, you recomend 2-3 plants and the guy above 6-8 plants. i almost feel bad on one of yous for picking which way to do it lol,

Space wise you have room for 6-8 plants. However a single 500watt light will not cover a long narrow grow space with that many plants.

ok thanks for the advice. any idea about the heat signiture off my light? i mentioned about the police being shit hot around here with the helicopters, im realy wanting lots and lots of people to say no you have no problem lol

ok thanks for the advice. any idea about the heat signiture off my light? i mentioned about the police being shit hot around here with the helicopters, im realy wanting lots and lots of people to say no you have no problem lol

If you can get an aircooled hood/reflector. My 600's are aircooled and I can lay my bare hand on them without burning. They are warm to the touch but not hot.

also.. i hear a lot of clones. i think im right in thinking that a clone is a cutting from a plant known as a mother plant and grown only for the purpose of taking trimming to make new plants. Are you able to take trimmings and create clones from plants that you are about to harvest? or is it strongly recomended to have one plant growing in a diff area to do this? as i dont have any more room were i would be able to keep a mother away from my grow room it would be easier to take cuttings from the main grow plants

also.. i hear a lot of clones. i think im right in thinking that a clone is a cutting from a plant known as a mother plant and grown only for the purpose of taking trimming to make new plants. Are you able to take trimmings and create clones from plants that you are about to harvest? or is it strongly recomended to have one plant growing in a diff area to do this? as i dont have any more room were i would be able to keep a mother away from my grow room it would be easier to take cuttings from the main grow plants

give this a read...

When should I take clones from my plants?

thanks, a very helpfull thread, i hope my questions werent irritating for you, i could of probs googled them but id rather here the answers off real living people

If your questions were irritating, I would'nt have bothered to answer them. I gave you the links so that you could become familiar with the resources here at 420. Your questions are always welcome and there are so many very talented and experianced growers here that somebody will always know something about whatever's on your mind. Don't ever fell shy about asking questions, and don't forget about the wealth of resource info here as well. Good luck on your gro! :grinjoint:

Hay good luck with this project there is a product that is called block-IR it run's about 80$ u.s. for a peace 4 x 25 and unless you can get seed's eazaly start half and hope to keep three.What i like to use in a closet like you are decribing is a singel H.P.S. on a light mover with some cfl's placed between plant's.You can also suB devide it and kEep your mothers and clones under cfl's and your flowering plants under your H.P.S.but in a grow like that heat often becomes an issue.

you will find a lot more help if you start a grow journal people tend to tune to that forum more often i find oh well peace

as for not having enough light for the narrow space....why don't you put that light on a track so it can go back and forth covering the area. And also by doing that...u will be able to put y our lights closer to your girls....JMHO

good luck.

Hogdady.... thanks mate i understand what you mean. the people hear are great for advice, definatly the best marijuana site iv came across. i didnt realize i had more posts on hear thats why i didnt reply sooner, in my origional thread i stated i had 10 big bud seeds and 500 watt light. that was providing the site i paid for seeds off decided to take my money and not send my seeds!!! and the 500watt light has been sold to a freind and iv bought a 600watt set up and 2x 150watt hfl's i think they are just for the flowering stage as extra light. since my seeds didnt arrive i decided to buy seeds from one of the site sponsers, iv now got blue cheese and short stuff himalayen blue seeds, the himalayens were freebies :) il be starting the grow shortly if i create a grow journal would you guys who have comented so far follow my journal and give me advice as i go? also iv cut down my grow area to 5ft wide 2.5 ft deep and 5 ft high. thanks again for all comments there all usefull to me so thanks very much

Back
Top Bottom