I need help and advice!

Idkwhtimdoing

Teya
Teya
I have 6 autoflower seeds ( SLH, OG K, SOUR D, JACK H, and two fast % vast autos all from herbies) planted under fox farms ocean forest soil in a 4x4 tent under just the leds of 2 amare 300w lights. Im inserting a basic journal to show what we have been doing daily. Side note: these seeds were SUPER tiny. Im not sure if this is a problem just thought id say.

put pots under lights after seeds all "popped" (majority had tiny tails)
Nov 18th day 1
Day 2 no sprout watered once 11:00am
Nov 19th
Nov 20 no sprout water was misted ontop to keep top inches moist 9:00am (crees were turned off changing the temp to 73)
Nov 21 still nothing above soil. 54% humidity 73 degrees f&v seed came to surface with no tail but was popped the seed was placed back into soil and soil was misted with water. Soil moisture is checked every few hours to make sure top few inches are moist.

Should i be worried these wont pop up above soil? I always see people getting theirs above soil by day 2 or 3. Also my fast and vast seed that was sitting on the surface is that pretty much trashed now? And will i have to replace all my soil of these dont make it? Its about 50 bucks of soil and id really be discouraged if i just wasted so much money on these seeds for them to not grow :/
Please help!

Answers to a few questions would help.

You say they popped. What method did you use?
How long was tail?
How deep did you plant seed in soil? (with tail down I assume)

If seeds had just cracked it can still take several days to pop up. I had one seed take over a week to show above soil. So still hope.
If the Fast&Vast seed had tail that is gone now then it is probably dead. It came to the surface, so seems like watering was a little rough, may have buried others deeper.

I've heard of other growers having problems with FF OF soil being too strong for seedlings. If you do try again don't throw soil out, but start seeds in plain soil and then transplant to OF soil when established 1st leaves.

They were in a paper towel sealed in a ziplock bag. They were placed onto a heating pad and the temp stood 80° for about 36 hours. ( i opened the bag a few times to add more water to paper towel and to give the bag some air.) We placed them in soil after two days in the paper towel because we thought they might die if left to germ any longer. About 4 out of 6 seeds had tails and the 2 that didnt had cracked open. The ones with tails though were very small. The tails on them were not anywhere close to half an inch but you could see they were there. We thought the tails were maybe supposed to be small considering the seeds were tiny unlike the many we have seen on forums and videos.

They were in a paper towel sealed in a ziplock bag. They were placed onto a heating pad and the temp stood 80° for about 36 hours. ( i opened the bag a few times to add more water to paper towel and to give the bag some air.) We placed them in soil after two days in the paper towel because we thought they might die if left to germ any longer. About 4 out of 6 seeds had tails and the 2 that didnt had cracked open. The ones with tails though were very small. The tails on them were not anywhere close to half an inch but you could see they were there. We thought the tails were maybe supposed to be small considering the seeds were tiny unlike the many we have seen on forums and videos.

They NEED oxygen, moisture and darkness.
Seeds germ in temps from 70-90F or 20-30C

Never seal seeds when germinating them.

Seeds do NOT need extra nutrients to germinate.

germ5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom