I Need Help ASAP, Wet Soil Equals Fungus Gnat

RagnarLothbrok

Hi there, so I've been posting in the seed and clones section of the forum, I just put my plants on a 12/12 cycle and this is the first time I turn the light on after the 12 hours of darkness ( I had them vegitating for 11 weeks, over 70 days) and when I turn the lights on I saw something running about the top of my soil in one of my pots

I quickly killed it and had a mini heart attack as this has never Happend before; this is my first grow but I've kept everything clean and sanitized(I do have my window open)

Anyways I saw this thing running over the soil I saw 2 of them and I killed them
Then I saw one sitting on the inside of a water bottle I was using for cloning so I quickly killed That!

I've looked around in the soil for maggots or any larvae but I can't seem to find any nor any signs for any other ones so I feel like I might have killed them all off,..
But that's the thing the soil is still wet and the fact I feel like I killed them off makes me feel like there is even more about to hatch,

I havnt seen ANY more signs in the last 10 minutes I don't see any running around but it still worries me I just put them into the transition stage to flower and this happens

I was going to feed them more nutes today but I'm definitely not watering until the soil is dried up to a fucking tee,

Any ideas on how I can get the soil to dry up quickly? I have a heating fan I used to have on them in the early weeks of seedlings but Idk if adding heat would help the plants and soil or keep soil moist and help the gnats...

I want to make sure their 100% gone, I haven't seen them since I killed all the ones I did see when I loved the soil around and can t see anything else but it worries s me

And I don't have any supply nor am I able to go out and buy neem oil or really anything effective to kill them besides my hand and getting the soil to dry up ASAP
Please help guys I don't want my first amazing grow to die in flowering stage so soon to harvesting because the soil won't dry
I havnt watered thme in a good 2 days now and it's still semi wet but definitely not dry on the top please help Quick

Drying the soil may not be the answer, so no reason to worry yet. Let the soil dry for 2-3 days and if you see them again...take a pic before you kill it. Pics help us identify and assist. Soil should be alive, so don't panic if you see a critter. Not all critters suck.
Thanks alot and when I was looking at a pest good they looked identical to the "fungi Gnats
I saw 3 or 4, 2 or 3 small grey things scurrying around on the soil and pot I killed both when I found them) then I saw the "adult I presumedbon the side of an experiment cloning bottle

I will take a picture if I see them again but it's been 4 hours now since I saw them and I killed 4 and now there is no sign of them; so I hope it's all good

I'm more worried about the fact I just switched it to 12/12 and that's when they appeared, I think the fact the light is out is when they would want to show up? That could just be me being paranoid

Also the gnats arnt harmful to the plant, it's their larvae, if it is a fungal gnat then the larvae could eat through my roots
Theybdont feed on the roots they feed on the Nutes in the soil only problem is the football get stuck in the crossover and they'll eat right through it
I havnt seen them in the last 4 hours and i closed my window so I hope everything's good now

And I know not all critters are bad but I'd still like a nice sterile bug free room ya fell

I've had gnats, and easy to kill

Use a 4/1 water and h202 mix and water them with that
Then cover the tops with perlite and will keep them away
I would love to but I don't have permits nor can afford it I have $0, I just saw two tiny one crawling on the soil 20 minutes ago

I killed them and I packed the soil down like the top of the soil is packed to try and make it harder for things to crawl in and out,

Also I havnt watered my plants in a few days, soil is still semi wet and I'm waiting for it to dry completely then I'm going to feed it an MG solution

Since I just switched to the flowering stage I wanted to feed it MG for this 1 week of trans8tion to really kick off a growth spurt

But the fact water isn't drying up fats enough and the gnats appearing yesterday I'm not even gonna try till it's dry, it's just shitty because I need to give it nutes

Also I have the one plant beside 3 other pots but the gnats seem to only be in the one pot atleast from to say and yesterday as far as I can see, I really hope they go away it's scary since I just threw them into flower and its most crucial plants stay healthy now

I wanna buy coco door I just started a kratyk method DWC but doont even have money for coco so I literally used cotton as a medium for my seed Idk if it will work but we'll see

Back
Top Bottom