I need help ASAP

Grim Reefer T

I am having the strangest problem. Yesterday I put 5 plants into a Hydro room. I am using a high output T5 lighting, DWC tub and starting nutes are Vegan compost tea and Thrive Alive. Temp is 80 & hymudity is 40%. 3 of them are doing great. The 2 that are most important to me are having problems. They are both White Russian from Serious Seeds.

I went in and checked today and they are completely laid over on there sides. The leaves have no strength as well. If I gently lift the plant the leaves just try to fall under. There are no burnt tips or anything so I am assuming it cant be because of Nutes or lights? I know the roots are not long enough on some of the plants to reach the nute water in the tub (All PH 6) so I have been watering the rapid rooters regularly as well as the hydroton around the rapid rooter. However because of my setup The plants constantly have air blowing on them and I did see the rapid rooters had dried out a couple of times. Can that be the problem?

ANY thoughts or advice is truly appreciated. I dont have enough posts to reach out to my buddies on this site for help so this is all I can do. If I need to post Pictures ask and I can have them up in a jiffy. PLEASE help save my girls! I will do anything!:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Out of desperation to solve this I raised the light up in case it is too intense for them just yet. I also put shop N save bags over the rapid rooters with little holes cut in them for the stem to stick out. I am thinking this will help keep the rapid rooter moist? I am just trying to think of anything. These are the 2 that I really want!

Turn your fans off. Drench the RRs with plain water. You can lower the light back down after they stand back up. Too much water is unlikely to hurt.
Might take a couple of hours - let me know?
The plants constantly have air blowing on them and I did see the rapid rooters had dried out a couple of times. Can that be the problem?

I have noticed the stems are also whiter then they were. Once again this is only on the white russians. None of the others have white stems.

I hope I get the opportunity to give you one. I can tell you from past experience that WR is the best bud I have ever smoked and a lot of people agree with me on that. I am so freaked right now man. They gotta make it. I was told it was an extremely stable and hardy plant so I dont know what to think about this.

Any water you spray on them needs to be the same PH as what the tank water is. And you can take a drinking straw cut to stem length, slit up one side of the straw and slip it in around the stem very carefully, or use a couple of toothpicks to support them.

On a side note I cut off a fan leaf closing it in my lid... So I threw it in my cloner for fun, and it flopped over looking dead! Took some wet Betty from AN and PH water sprayed it, 20 min later it was standing straight up again! It high priced but that stuff works! :peacetwo:

Did you think to perhaps put them back wherever they were and were doing well?

Looks like you put them into the hydro room too soon.

Good Luck!

DD

IMG00045-20100403-1243.jpg

IMG00046-20100403-1244.jpg

IMG00047-20100403-1244.jpg

IMG00048-20100403-1244.jpg

IMG00049-20100403-1244.jpg

If you click those picture a larger one will open. IF you click that picture an even larger one will open. Notice how the stem does not appear to be an even thickness all the way through? You cant tell from the photos but the stems are really white. I dont know whats up but I have saturated them in PH 6 water just like what is in the tub and shut the fans down.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Please I am open for anything.

Also, I thought about doing the straw tip mentioned above but then wondered if it would be better to let them stand back up on there own? And I moved them into this envoirnment because they outgrew there previous enviornment. I have never had this problem before. I am thinking of starting a grow Journal if any of you would be interested?

I would prop those puppies up, they're top-heavy but not dehydrated.
Get the stems pointed up at the light, and the greens will turn themselves up.
They need light to power their growth, and fans for a gentle breeze is good.
They will be just fine, I've had such seedlings. Foliar sprays will not help right now.
In a day or two, fibers will start forming in the stems to make them strong. :Rasta:

Ok I will do that now. I think I am still going to put something over the Rapid Rooters to keep them moist. I will continue to feed plain water and when the roots reach the water in the bubbler they will have nutes.

Can you explain why they just laid down like that? I know they have streched a little but I did not expect them to just lay over like that and why are the stems white? This picture cannot show you how white they really are. I am happy that you think they will recover though. I am going to turn on all the t5 bulbs in my set up and lower the light.

Sound good?

I don't know why they over-extend sometimes. I don't often grow from seed.
In skin-comfortable air, those RRs won't dry out in at least two days.
Typical newbie stressing, and fussing with them too much. Just prop them up with something temporary, and light em ;)

Don't feed or water them again today! or tomorrow, probably

Well, I propped them up yesterday and lowered the lights. Still no burning but the ends of the leaves or now curling upwards on one. The leaves are still hanging down limp but the ends are curling. The other plant is actually looking good. I have it propped up and the leaves are standing out facing the light soaking it up. The healthy one's stem is starting to look green again while the other stem is still white.

Back
Top Bottom