I need help for clone and topping

morphin

Hello guys.
Its have been 40 days after I plant seeds to soil.
I want to get some clone from my plants and I want to try topping for get more yield.
But I don't have any experience with clone and topping so I need help for timing.

I use 2x600W MH light 18/24hr on.
Regular seed list: Bruce Banner, LSD, Super Lemon, Money Maker,

So these seeds are regular and I have MH lights. I'm thinking adding +1 month with MH because after taking clones I will lose too much yield.

1- When I must take clones.
2- Do I need Topping and scrog?
3- When I should do topping?

Attachments

• 20181029_192752.jpg
    20181029_192752.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20181029_192729.jpg
    20181029_192729.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20181029_192722.jpg
    20181029_192722.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 20181029_192234.jpg
    20181029_192234.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20181029_190327.jpg
    20181029_190327.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20181029_190301.jpg
    20181029_190301.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20181029_190249.jpg
    20181029_190249.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20181029_190244.jpg
    20181029_190244.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20181029_190238.jpg
    20181029_190238.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 125
Two weeks before bloom you clone

You do not need to top to scrog but it helps.

You can top now.

You have some environmental issues as the plant should be double that by now.

Clones explode and you are done super fast. I can grow from seed faster than you are growing.

These are some males I pulled about day 47 having just sexed from seeds.

All but 2 of these were all started the same time from seed and at about your age. The 2 clones inhad to severely stunt to keep the grow even.

You should be twice as big as those.

Hello buddy!

So for a start i would say only use one of those 600w mh lights, use only 1, lower it to around 24" from top of canopy, try raise the humidity to at least 60%, this will help the plant and its environment.

So as for cloning, let the plants fill up a little more after changing light setup, with the light being lowered and closer, this will allow shorter inner nodes making it to be a little more bushier plant, after that, take the top of from a certain node height you want and take 2 cuttings from the lowest part of the plant, giving you 3 clones to each potential mother, mark them up to each plant of each, so being because there regular if the first mother turns out to be a boy then you know which clones to bin and which ones to pay more attention too.

After taking the clones, stick them directly in a cup of water, this will stop air getting in the base (i do know the technical explanation but im medicated :laugh:) honest i know:rofl:, after taking the cuttings dip them in the hormone clone solution, then into either a coco pellet, rockwool cube or aero cloner, keep them at around 80% humidity, keep misting them too as this will help hydrate them till roots have taken, then plant when roots show.

As for training, you dont have to after you have topped really, iv just flowered 9 that i topped with no training and got roughly the same canopy height all round.

So yeah lose a light, lower a light, humidify to above 60% then post some more pics in a weeks time :) and we can help you every step of the way!

Two weeks before bloom you clone

You do not need to top to scrog but it helps.

You can top now.

You have some environmental issues as the plant should be double that by now.

Clones explode and you are done super fast. I can grow from seed faster than you are growing.

These are some males I pulled about day 47 having just sexed from seeds.

All but 2 of these were all started the same time from seed and at about your age. The 2 clones inhad to severely stunt to keep the grow even.

You should be twice as big as those.

You're right I got some issue. I was not in my town for a 3 week so I couldnt transplant them to bigger pots.
The other thing is I used only 5x100W 6500k CFL Lights.
I'm not sure which is the reason.

Cloning can be done whenever. If from seed wait till before bloom. I do 2 weeks before bloom for 2 reasons. If there are any males to pull I can back fill with a clone and the real reason...

I take clones and stunt them and leave them on the side until my bloom is done. Then I clean the tent and start veg. Clones immediately take off.

Rinse and repeate.

The sooner I take clones the longer they have to be stunted. So I take them at the last minute.

Hello buddy!

So for a start i would say only use one of those 600w mh lights, use only 1, lower it to around 24" from top of canopy, try raise the humidity to at least 60%, this will help the plant and its environment.

So as for cloning, let the plants fill up a little more after changing light setup, with the light being lowered and closer, this will allow shorter inner nodes making it to be a little more bushier plant, after that, take the top of from a certain node height you want and take 2 cuttings from the lowest part of the plant, giving you 3 clones to each potential mother, mark them up to each plant of each, so being because there regular if the first mother turns out to be a boy then you know which clones to bin and which ones to pay more attention too.

After taking the clones, stick them directly in a cup of water, this will stop air getting in the base (i do know the technical explanation but im medicated :laugh:) honest i know:rofl:, after taking the cuttings dip them in the hormone clone solution, then into either a coco pellet, rockwool cube or aero cloner, keep them at around 80% humidity, keep misting them too as this will help hydrate them till roots have taken, then plant when roots show.

As for training, you dont have to after you have topped really, iv just flowered 9 that i topped with no training and got roughly the same canopy height all round.

So yeah lose a light, lower a light, humidify to above 60% then post some more pics in a weeks time :) and we can help you every step of the way!

Thanks for your kindness man.
I have "Vitroclon" product and I watched too much clone video so I will say I know basics.
But I don't know when I Should take it.
I'm thinking to do some topping and scrog right now, after 10-15 day later I will take my clones.
My humidity problem just began in this week. It was 45-50. Actually room temp 15-20 right now but my lights warming the room, so I'm losing humidity. Also I have air flow problem I will take care of this week.

Cloning can be done whenever. If from seed wait till before bloom. I do 2 weeks before bloom for 2 reasons. If there are any males to pull I can back fill with a clone and the real reason...

I take clones and stunt them and leave them on the side until my bloom is done. Then I clean the tent and start veg. Clones immediately take off.

Rinse and repeate.

The sooner I take clones the longer they have to be stunted. So I take them at the last minute.

Yea I think the same. Thank you for your tips.

Thats good then if its that cool you could lower the light to around 12-18" away, shorter bushier plant.

I would let the lower branches catch up.

As for air flow, i do suffer with this, i did find a solution that helped me quite a lot, placed a dehumidifier at 1 corner of the room and a humidifier at the other corner, keep it that way till week 2 of flower then just keep the dehumidifier in the centre of the room.

It isnt about thinking...not sure what you are saying. There is nothing particularly special about growing cannabis. It works like all plants

The plant is growing. If you clone it very young it doesnt matter. All that matters is eventually the genetics start to decay and you need to kill it off.

The nice thing about a clone is it is mature already. You can take them and immediately bloom them as they are ready genetically.

But that is not what I think. It is how plants work.

This for example spent 1 week in soil then was in bloom. Because I yanked those males above I filled it in with a few of these. Because they were the same age as the mother they just came off so they were ready. Bloomed just weeks after cutting and finishing with their mother.

Thats good then if its that cool you could lower the light to around 12-18" away, shorter bushier plant.

I would let the lower branches catch up.

As for air flow, i do suffer with this, i did find a solution that helped me quite a lot, placed a dehumidifier at 1 corner of the room and a humidifier at the other corner, keep it that way till week 2 of flower then just keep the dehumidifier in the centre of the room.

I'm thinking to buy a 2x300m3 fan for the air flow. 1 in 1 out.
I'll also buy a humidifier as well.
I can't lower the lights because they're heating up too much.

It isnt about thinking...not sure what you are saying. There is nothing particularly special about growing cannabis. It works like all plants

The plant is growing. If you clone it very young it doesnt matter. All that matters is eventually the genetics start to decay and you need to kill it off.

The nice thing about a clone is it is mature already. You can take them and immediately bloom them as they are ready genetically.

But that is not what I think. It is how plants work.

This for example spent 1 week in soil then was in bloom. Because I yanked those males above I filled it in with a few of these. Because they were the same age as the mother they just came off so they were ready. Bloomed just weeks after cutting and finishing with their mother.

Dude this is awesome. What strain is that? How much yield you got from that plant?
If I'm not mistaken you're talking about "auto's" Because when you take clone from a regular plant its mean you start from day 10 and you can stay at veg stage while giving 18/24 MH light. At least that's what I learn from videos and docs.:rolleyes:

Nope my point is you are totaly wrong. Autos are slower by far. The fastest way to grow is cloning because you can grow as fast as you want period.

Nope when you take a clone it is the age the of the plant you took it from. So that clone which spent 1 week in soil was actually already 9 months old and ready to bloom when I took the cutting. It was a clone from a clone from a seed plant. So it was mature.

An auto you start from seed and do not clone. There is no point because you can't veg them they are on their own timeline.

Autos you just keep popping seeds and starting over. With clones you keep the plant going for years. You can immediately bloom a plant of decent size. Doing as I described by keeping them stunted means you need only one grow room and you immediately start again.

Raspberry Cough Nirvana.

Hello guys.. 1 week after we back and better at day 48!
I topped them and I'm just training 1 plant. These are all different kinds as you know.
But I can't understand why the hell the small plant growing so slow.

I'il take clones 10-15 days later but these plants are still small. I don't know the reason. Maybe late transplant or probably could not feed enough 5x100W-6500K CFL bulbs.

As far as I can understand with my bad english, some friends are constantly taking clones from the same plant.
I was thinking to get the clone from a clone.
I will put these plants in the flowering phase 25 days later.

20181104_145454.jpg

Attachments

• 20181104_145454.jpg
    20181104_145454.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20181104_145504.jpg
    20181104_145504.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20181104_145512.jpg
    20181104_145512.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20181104_145519.jpg
    20181104_145519.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20181104_145525.jpg
    20181104_145525.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181104_145530.jpg
    20181104_145530.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181104_145540(0).jpg
    20181104_145540(0).jpg
    561 KB · Views: 93
  • 20181104_145545.jpg
    20181104_145545.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181104_145548.jpg
    20181104_145548.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 20181104_145609.jpg
    20181104_145609.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 152
Nope my point is you are totaly wrong. Autos are slower by far. The fastest way to grow is cloning because you can grow as fast as you want period.

Nope when you take a clone it is the age the of the plant you took it from. So that clone which spent 1 week in soil was actually already 9 months old and ready to bloom when I took the cutting. It was a clone from a clone from a seed plant. So it was mature.

An auto you start from seed and do not clone. There is no point because you can't veg them they are on their own timeline.

Autos you just keep popping seeds and starting over. With clones you keep the plant going for years. You can immediately bloom a plant of decent size. Doing as I described by keeping them stunted means you need only one grow room and you immediately start again.

Raspberry Cough Nirvana.
Hey village, I have a quick question for you sir, I cut a clone 15 days ago, and she’s showing roots now, my question is, should I up pot her to a slightly larger pot? Or would it be ok if I put her in her final pot? (7 gal fabric pot), and do I need to “harden her off” from being in a humidity dome? Or is it safe to just repot and put her in the tent with the other ladies? I apologize to OP, didn’t want to hijack thread, but village idiot knows his shit, and I value his opinion, rather than making a new thread, and getting a bunch of random info. Thanks.

Thanks...and been very busy...

So I like to wait for my clones to have roots...like this.

Then you know they will survive a transplant right into soil and be fine outside of the hood. Make sure they gots some roots hanging out.

Then I go straight into the final pot. These things don't live long enough to mess around with repotting. I prefer to provide oversized pots that let the roots just grow. 7.5 gallons is more than enough but just right IMO for a nice indoor plant. I want the roots to feel free. I stress them with watering schedule to create massive rootballs. If am going to do a scrog I like 10 gallons or more...if I want to do like a single plant in a 4×4 we are talking a 20 gallon pot or more. But these are just generalizations. I have many size pots. I even grow some 3 gallons once in a while. Ussually only clones.

Seed plants need much bigger pots. Clones can be smaller.

But ultimately it comes down to how long you veg it for and how you are feeding.

If you have a manual feed medium and a small pot you have more work. If you have a self feed medium and a large pot you do much less.

Best of luck!

Hello guys.
I want to get some clone from my plants and I want to try topping for get more yield.
But I don't have any experience with clone and topping so I need help for timing.

So these seeds are regular and I have MH lights. I'm thinking adding +1 month with MH because after taking clones I will lose too much yield.

are these autos?or photos?

Hello guys.

nevermind shit i just seen it REGULAR SEED IDK HOW I READ IT TWICE...must be tired lol

Back
Top Bottom