I need help, please

Cspliff

Hello to all.
This is my second grow. I am growing barneys farm Lucy, outdoors. I'm using ffof, grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom for nutrients. She is starting to flower, and is about 9 ft tall. The problem is; the fan leaves are turning yellow and falling off. Some of the smaller leaves are also yellowing, which is starting to worry me. I am in Alabama, and we have had lots of rain lately. Any help would be great. Thanks
image3149.jpg
image3150.jpg
image3151.jpg
image3148.jpg

Nice looking plant, little stretched though... perhaps she is getting to much of something? Looks like it might be from to much water, however, I would get a microscope and look under the leaves for unwanted critters. Providing there are no critters (mites) and providing the soil drains off good then I would worry about the nutes you are giving her. How was your other grow? Was it in the same spot?

My other grow was in doors and went well. This is my first outdoor grow. She has stretched a good bit, she's about 10 ft now. I think the soil is draining pretty good. I used neem oil during veg to prevent pest, and now have been using insecticidal soap since she's flowering. I don't have a microscope, but I do have a jewelers loop and magnifying glass. Will I be able to see mites with those?

My other grow was in doors and went well. This is my first outdoor grow. She has stretched a good bit, she's about 10 ft now. I think the soil is draining pretty good. I used neem oil during veg to prevent pest, and now have been using insecticidal soap since she's flowering. I don't have a microscope, but I do have a jewelers loop and magnifying glass. Will I be able to see mites with those?

Spider mites are barely visible under naked eye as small black dots. I can only tell they are mites and not just pieces of dusts because they move. You should be able to see them with both a jewelers loop or magnifying glass.

Also, damage from sucking insects (like mites) tends to manifest in speckles.

Rock on GreenPinky, I agree. I don't think it is mites but it won't hurt to take a look with the jewelers loop. I started an indoor perpetual garden this year, prior to, I always grew outdoors (35 yrs.). I never used anything on my outdoor plants; let mother nature do her thing. Occasionally I would get garden slugs and they are pretty easy to deal with, your lady does not look like slugs have been partying on her, they eat the leaves. Your grow area looks clean, and overall she looks happy. The effected leaves are random, I wonder if the soap is creating the problem? Please keep use posted, I would like to know how she turns out.

Cspliff, I am currently dealing with mites on my indoor girls, this is what I am doing. I made a homemade Habanero pepper juice to spray them with, it's 100% natural and very effective; IMO. Several peppers and water in a blender, then simmer, strain and let cool to room temp. It will kill the living ones immediately and slow the eggs down, you will have to treat the plants again in 3 to 5 days for 2 weeks. Being outdoors may be a pretty tricky task spraying her down, it's "pepper spray"!!! If needed I will go into greater detail, please advise, peace.

I was thinking it may be a nutrient problem/defincancy. Last week I gave her a heavy feeding. Do you guys think it could be nutrient burn?

absolutely... Once given all the information a educated guess can be given, peace. That makes more sense Cspliff, I didn't know you gave her a heavy feeding, I have noticed that my girls react in a similar fashion if I blast them, like us, everything in moderation I guess.

I agree the problem is much more likely to be nutrient related. Unlike in an indoor grow environment, outdoor spider mites will have natural predators so should not explode out of control.

The yellowing at the leaf edge looks like a potassium deficiency. High heat and low/high humidity can cause this from increased transpiration.

But if you just gave ferts I would just keep an eye on her for now.

It's definitely not mites, I couldn't find any pest. I'm thinking its a nutrient issue. It has been hot (90's), and it is very humid. I did notice yesterday that some of the smaller leaves are stating to yellow now also.

Back
Top Bottom