I need help what lights to use for veg...

student

are n:vision cfl any good for veg also if they are what color to get there are 3 to choose from 1. bright white 2. soft white 3. daylite... thanks

I have 4 of them in soft for flowering and 4 cools for when I vegg'd. Stay away from GE's at walmart, out of 4, 2 worked.

So for veg you want bright or daylight, and for flowering soft white.

N:vision makes great cfl's. I think they run warmer than some, bit they are good and bright. Check my grow in the like below and you will see some cfl's. I am running 19 right now.

Hope this helps.

thank you again ... veg lights should be on 24/7 for 4 weeks when the white widow will be at 12" swith to 400 Watt HPS and start 12/12 correct me If Im wrong

For vegging I use a 200watt, Eco-light, blue spectrum CFL. It is more than enough for raising seedlings/cuttings, with no heat and they cost very little to run :smokin:

After 6 weeks, on 18/6 I transplant to bigger pots, lollipop and then bang them into flower 12/12..

Is it bad if you have bright/daylight in addition to soft for flowering, and vice versa during veg?

No it's not bad in any way. A soft bulb for flowering may help with the onset of flowering and the bright white might be better for veg growth but both bulbs put out useable light for plant growth or it couldn't be used at any point of growing. I've grown complete grows with MH (metal halides) which is a bright daylight bulb and had no problems. The buds were smaller but denser and the internodes were tighter. HPS buds look bigger but are less dense and internodes stretch further with the softer light. It works exactly the same way with floros.

Back
Top Bottom