I need help with diagnosis

Cabeza

Hi everyone,

First time posting, but I always come here for useful information.

First time growing outside and there are new challenges. I already fought off some aphids early... or maybe not? This little plant seemed healthy yesterday, but today the leafs look like this:

what should I do?

Thanks

I will add that I transplanted it yesterday into a mix of soil, perlite, and I added one tab that comes in the Guerrilla Box. I Ph'ed the water to about 6.2. Previous waterings were higher at above 8. (I just got a pen yesterday and was able to fix this). To keep away some bugs I have only been spraying water with mineral oils (cinnamon, lemon, peppermint, tea tree). This worked in the past for me with spider mites.

There are also a few small holes in two of the leaves, bugs eating I would assume.

Should I cut the sick leaves out? I would only be left with 3 leaves :(

The plant is 3 1/2 weeks old

Thanks again

Probably burn from one of those oils.

But if that's almost a month old then it's pretty well stunted.
Although you are outside, I am always thinking inside growth, I've never grown outside, gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

I did the math wrong cause I never wrote anything down. Looking through my phone pics, I took a picture the day it sprouted and its dated May 12. So it sprouted just over 2 weeks ago.

I guess it could be the oils, although I sprayed the two plants I have and only this one seems to be affected. I'll see what happens. It could have also been those nutrients tabs I used, I didn't want to add to much so I broke a little off of one and sprinkled it around on top of the soil... that could have then splashed up.

I've only ever grown indoor and auto flower, these challenges will make a harvest that much more rewarding!

I believe I found the culprit: Tea Tree Oil

"Tea tree oil is sensitive to phototoxicity, so spray in the morning when the sun is not shining as brightly."

and

"To avoid burning oil-treated leaves, spray in the morning and less frequently during hot dry spells."

I sprayed it down right before putting it under direct sunlight.

At least I have no pests... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom