I.Play.4.Keep's Rebound Cabinet CFL Scrog

i.play.4.keep

Welcome Again!:Tokin:

Sooo i learned some hard lessons in my first attempt from seed. And so far i can't believe i havent killed my remaining girls but none the less they've survived so here's the lowdown:

Cabinet Size
Approx. 2x2x1 Mylared interior
Soil
Roots: Natural & Organic
Pot size
5x5x7"
Lights
4 100w(26w) CFL's 3 6500k; 1 2700k in clamp reflectors
Water
Tap Water set out over night.
Nutrients
Humboldt Premium. Master A, B, and Verde mixed at 1/2 teaspon of A and Verde in a half gallon jug every other watering.
Ventilation
(2) 3 1/8" computer fans 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust

Plant Strains
1 Purple Berry Kush Clone; LST'd and in 5 in pot
2 God's Gift clones; GG 1 is Supercropped and LST'd GG 2 is super cropped at the base
1 Afghan Cheese from seed shes on week 3 this week from germination and growing nicely

Lots of pictures to begin with so hopefully i can get some followers from the get-go. My other journal got hi-jacked and i killed my seeds anyway. Soooo send the good vibes my way thanks! :) Keep it Lit Folks:tokin:

My Temporary Poorman's Setup
Poormans_ventilation_4-21-11.JPG

New Cabinet Setup
New_Cabinet_Setup.JPG

Exhaust Fan
New_Ventilation.JPG

Afghan Cheese Day 10 4/20/11
BBC_1_4_Leaves_Day_10.JPG

Sideshot
BBC_1_Day_10_Sideshot.JPG

Day_10_BBC_Sideshot.JPG

Day 11 Afghan Cheese
BBC_1_Day_11.JPG

Day 12
BBC_1_Day_12.JPG

Day 13
BBC_1_Sideshot_Day_13.JPG

Day_13_BBC_1_Waterdrop.JPG

Day 14
BBC_1_Day_14.JPG

BBC_1_Day_14_Macro.JPG

Day 15
BBC_1_Day_15.JPG

BBC_1_Day_15_Overhead.JPG

Day 16
BBC_1_Day_16.JPG

Smoke break with some Blackberry Kush
BlackBerry_Kush1.JPG

God's Gift 1

Day 11 Group Shot
Group_Shot_Day_11.JPG

Day 12
Group Shot
Group_Shot_Day_12.JPG

Gods_Gift_1_Day_12.JPG

Day 13
Supercrop
God_s_Gift_1_Supercropped_Day_13.JPG
Super_Crop_on_GG_1Day_13.JPG

LST
God_s_Gift_Day_13_LST_working.JPG

Calyxes
God_s_Gift_Calyxes_Day_13.JPG

Day 14
Group Shot
Group_Shot_Day_14.JPG

Day_14_God_s_Gift_1.JPG

Day 16
God_s_Gift_1_Day_16.JPG

GG_1_Day_16_Bending.JPG

God_s_Gift_1_Day_16_Frontal.JPG

God's Gift 2

Day 10 4/20/11
God_s_Gift_2_Day_10.JPG

Day 11
God_s_Gift_2_Day_11.JPG

Day 12 Top
God_s_Gift_2_Top_Day_12.JPG

Day 16
Supercropped
God_s_Gift_2_SuperCropped_Day_16.JPG

God_s_Gift_2_Top_after_Supercrop.JPG

Puppies_.JPG

Purple Berry Kush

Day 11
PBK_Day_11.JPG

Day 13
Day_13_PBK_Sideshot.JPG
PBK_Day_13_Frontal.JPG
PBK_Sideshot_LST_Day_13.JPG

Day 16
PBK_Day_16.JPG

PBK_Day_161.JPG

PBK_LST_Day_16.JPG

PBK_Top_Day_16.JPG

Well i hope for some input and i appreciate any and all comments. :tokin:

Hi i.play.4.keep,

Looks like a good start, I hope it works out for you.

Just looking at a couple of your pictures and was wondering If you have to ancor the plants your doing LST on.

I was told I should do it just in case the pull from the side you tie it down on pulls the stem out. I was growing in clay balls so it might be different for you cause you are in soil.

How often do you water yours and do you feed on every watering?
I have 5 SLH growing in soil at the minute, bout 20 days old from seed, I feed them every watering bout every 3 days.

Nice start and Good luck

Hi i.play.4.keep,

Looks like a good start, I hope it works out for you.

Just looking at a couple of your pictures and was wondering If you have to ancor the plants your doing LST on.

I was told I should do it just in case the pull from the side you tie it down on pulls the stem out. I was growing in clay balls so it might be different for you cause you are in soil.

How often do you water yours and do you feed on every watering?
I have 5 SLH growing in soil at the minute, bout 20 days old from seed, I feed them every watering bout every 3 days.

Nice start and Good luck

Welcome Dig!
I only have them anchored on that one side because the tension isnt that strong its more just holding the plant down rather than pulling her. Im sure the soil adds some stability but id say as long as you just dont yank her down and you have her planted well you shouldnt have any problems.

I feed every other watering. And i water according to soil moisture. Sometimes every other day sometimes 2 days. It just kind of depends. I have a meter and i used my hands to press the top and see if anything sticks. Nothin works like getting in there hands on ;).

Are you doing full hydro with CFL's? or Hydro with HPS?:tokin:

Hi again,

sounds good bro.

What is full Hydro? Im on my first grow at the minute so still learning everyday. All I know is I have a wilma 4 pot system which drips my water/nutes into the plants wich are planted in clay balls. I have another 5 growing in a different room which are in soil though. Im using a 600w HPS for flowering, did use a 400W MH for veg but now using a 125w CFL because I need to save money on the electric.

Hi again,

sounds good bro.

What is full Hydro? Im on my first grow at the minute so still learning everyday. All I know is I have a wilma 4 pot system which drips my water/nutes into the plants wich are planted in clay balls. I have another 5 growing in a different room which are in soil though. Im using a 600w HPS for flowering, did use a 400W MH for veg but now using a 125w CFL because I need to save money on the electric.

That sounds awesome! i originally wanted to do a hydro grow but idk i kinda chickened out haha props to you for goin for it. YAA!! CFL's work wonders for veg just cuz theyre cheap and efficient for all you really need.

UPDATE

Transplanted God's Gift #2 into a 6" clay pot. haha its all they had at the store for cheap and it works so ill take it. I also finally got my ScrOG set up! i took pics but ill wait til the end of the week or until something substantial happens. Now i just gotta LST the shit out of the 3 of them and pray they fill up the screen and dont die, and pray that my afghan cheese doesnt go male on me. I mean if it does ill just pull em quickly i guess. I'll hafta just cross that bridge when i come to it, just not think about it haha but SHES looking fantastic still. Nice and deep dark green. I gave em all a shot of straight water. Especially GG 2 because of her transplant.

I still got another fan on the way im considering adding a box to it to extend the area of the plants and just extend the screen because i have alot left over. I've been trying to bee more disciplined and just flicking the lights on and off without looking after i know i watered and they just need dark time and light time without interruption. It also allows me to reeeeally notice the growth between days. So next week will be week 2 of veg for the clones and week 4 of veg for afghan seedling. If they need water between now and Monday itll be straight water. Monday ill hit em with the juice.

Advice?

UPDATE
Got the new fan today and man oh man is it huge!!! Idk if im gonna be able to use it on this grow but itll definitely help out for next grow ;). Lights on soon ill take some more pics and check em out. This morning GG2 that i transplanted yesterday felt dry on top so i watered her again. hopefully she holds moisture better this time. I'll write again later on im sure. Keep it lit Folks :tokin:

Its crazy how much things have changed. Picture update tomorrow and nutes start as well. PBK is the real deal she smells so fruity and sweet. Idk about these GG but the afghan is growing heighth now. But her nodes are developing close to together i think because i kept that light so close for as long as i did but shes getting taller now. Have a nice sunday everyone :tokin:

Sounds like your coming along nicely - looking forward to seeing some new photos.
How long are you planning on veg'ing them for?

Since im ScrOGging them, i plan to wait as long as possible for the cannopy to fill up with bud sites. I mean its my first try so who knows if itll work. Thanks for checkin back in Dig! Ill have them up Probly tomorrow morning before lights out.

Ohhhhh maaaaannn lol i got some sweet pics tonight im just amazed at the growth. AnywAys. Ill be taking more pics tomorrow and hitting them with nutes. Ill probly update and post pics and hit the lights off and water and update again after lights are back on.

I might not be able to get my lights off right at hour 18. Will being off by say 30-45 minutes mess with them too bad?

dude, NICE little setup you've got there. I'm growing myself a Diamond OG clone outdoors at the moment, and I'll definitely be using that same rubberband method. What exactly is "supercropped"? I see it is a dramatic bend in the stem...but how is it done? Looks like its harmful, but what the hell do I know....

dude, NICE little setup you've got there. I'm growing myself a Diamond OG clone outdoors at the moment, and I'll definitely be using that same rubberband method. What exactly is "supercropped"? I see it is a dramatic bend in the stem...but how is it done? Looks like its harmful, but what the hell do I know....

Welcome Ashton thanks for checkin out my journal! :tokin:

Supercropping is essentially harming the plant, but when done right she recovers stronger and with increased node production from the bend onward. And as you can see in a couple of my pics after she heals shell bend back upward toward the light looking fine as ever.

Now, doing it isnt so tough. Just go at it with confidence. Take the stem, wherever you feel is a good place to do it, and gently roll it between your index finger and thumb; until Youll feel it giving more to one side and make sure you bend it that direction and bend it til shes laying flat or even a little more. Just give it a try, im sure you can do it :).

Pinching the stalk between your fingers and damaging the stalk is Super cropping, usually done all along the stalk as it grows, it heals its self and becomes stronger at the damaged location. Pinch carefully until you hear a little crunch, be carefull as to much will damage it and the part from the pinch on will die. with practice doing it becomes easier. This technique is used on fruit trees as well, but they use a rubber hose and beat the tree. The "bend" is called LST, some call it low stress training. I love LST , All the plant gets light. Colas popping up were popcorn once dwelt.
Good luck with your grow.:wood::goodluck::smokin:

I really like your grow since it resembles what my grow is about to look like.
i am currently working on installing mylar in my cabin.
once everything is set up i'll start a grow.

please keep up the pictures and descriptions. i am learning a lot.

Back
Top Bottom