I really need help with these hps bulbs

skunkaroo

Ok, I hope this don't sound stupid, but I found these hps bulbs on ebay(35W, 50W, 70W) and they're showin to be a med. base screw in fitting. Could that possibly mean I can plug it in to any regular socket without a ballast n it'll work, or does that sound just too good to be true?? The 35W says 4000 lumens, which = 114 l/w ratio. And crazy as this may sound, there is a 70W mogul base showin 15,000 lumens. with a 214 l/w ratio. Even if this dream of mine isn't real, don't sound like bad lights..? Oh yah..They're about 15 bucks with shipping incl.

70 watt HPS [High Pressure Sodium]
LIGHT BULB

*Brand New in the Box*
*High Quality & Long Life*
*E39 Standard Mogul Base Screw-In*
*Bulb Shape ED23.5*
*Universal Burning Position: Horizontal/Vertical*
*15,000 Lumens*
*Color Temp 2,100K*
*24,000 Average Life Hours*
*7.75 inch long*

Yes I know that, but that's not really answering my whole question(s). Can the others with the med. base be plugged into a regular socket without a ballst and work?

sorry its late just glanced at your full post... reread it just now. i did a quick search on google and found some stuff on 50 watt hps bulbs... some say that you have to do some work on it some say just plug it in i waould suggest you search on google or what ever you use responses are kinda slow here sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom