I revised my design, can I get feedback before building it this weekend

BigGreenHulk

420 Member
Hey folks I started with a 4 site current culture inspiration and am now going to a waterfall 6 site remote epi. Before I build it does this look good to those who run waterfalls? I was hesitiant to run waterfall as I run co2 but was told that shouldn't be an issue. thank you

I had my forst design and then removed the rear pvc and put the pump in the rez for the waterfall and I think it is cleaner and easier. 3 inch pvc with current culture bulkheads, 8 gallon buckets and also a chiller

Attachments

• waterfall design.jpg
    waterfall design.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 173
  • waterfall design 2.jpg
    waterfall design 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 169
You should have no issues if you're using a 3 inch trunk line. You can't even buy 3" PVC here in my area. What size are your feed lines ? What about your pump size?

My biggest mistake was that I used a 3/4" feed line, attached to a 1000 gallon pump. My 1.5" return trunk isn't even close to being big enough to return my solution fast enough to my res, before my pump is gurgling looking for more. Solution, I installed a valve in my supply line, before it reaches my pump, but this causes my "waterfall" to slow down considerably......biggest lesson, next system........minimum 2" trunk, 3 " would be killer! Also, check the warranty in the bulkheads, I had a couple leak on me, so buy a couple extra.

Hope this helps, tune in to my grow to see the results so far. I also discuss changes and refinements to my system as I discover them.

That's crazy. How do they do all the plumbing?
ABS only. PVC breaks down under extreme heat/cold cycles. The only place we use PVC in Canada is underground. Even then it's CPVC. CPVC is drastically less expensive than ABS.

ABS only. PVC breaks down under extreme heat/cold cycles. The only place we use PVC in Canada is underground. Even then it's CPVC. CPVC is drastically less expensive than ABS.

Well that's not as crazy. Never been a fan of cpvc. Not much experience with it either though. Handful of old drains here and there. Always very brittle.

Hey folks I started with a 4 site current culture inspiration and am now going to a waterfall 6 site remote epi. Before I build it does this look good to those who run waterfalls? I was hesitiant to run waterfall as I run co2 but was told that shouldn't be an issue. thank you

I had my forst design and then removed the rear pvc and put the pump in the rez for the waterfall and I think it is cleaner and easier. 3 inch pvc with current culture bulkheads, 8 gallon buckets and also a chiller
You have a picture of those bulkheads?

Back
Top Bottom