I see alot of people using t5 and t12 fluroescents but r anyone using t8's?

wannabgreen

i have the chance to buy several t8 fixtures for 10.00 each an was wandering if anyoneuses them for growing i have seen several people using t5 and t12 but from all i have read i have not seen anyone using t8's

My first grow, I grew 6 Blue domino plants LST's to the tits under 12 4-foot 32 watt fluorescent tubes in 1.5 gallon pots. I got 6.5 ounces, about .5 grams per watt. I know for sure, if I has Payed even closer attention to the height of each top, I could have done even better. The real key is to keep the tops within 2 inches of the lights... The tops that were an inch away from the lights did significantly better than the tops that were 3 inches away...
Yes you can use them to grow, you just need to use them properly.
For $10, buy as many as you can and use them all. Tubes are cheap too.
Second grow, I dismantled all my t8 fixtures and built a box that was 18 inches deep and 4 foot wide. I crammed 10 4-foot tubes into the 4x1.5 box and painted it all white. Damn it is bright in there.
T8's are better than T12's, but T5's are the best.
Good luck!

For all of those still reading this thread what i did was buy a fixture for four f32t8's & added a second ballast running paralleled to the original included in the fixture. now all my t8's are running at 64 watts & are brighter than my t5's. i don't have a camera but if you want to see how to do this google overdrive fluorescent fixtures

T8s are hard to beat for the cost of both bulbs and ballasts. I have a t5 that I use for mothers and clones but would not hesitate buy t8s if Im ever in the market for new fluroes. Replacement bulbs are much easier to get also. My brother used t8s with his mothers and they did fine.

Hey, Hi, I'm a virgen here, 1st timer on site, long time watcher, learned alot, and have learned so much in the last few months, Thank You all for your experiences. Anyway, I do garage sales, well this afternoon I ran across 4 T-8 ,4tubes, 4 foot long lamps, dirty, but after bleach they look new, I purchased 2 of these, They were used in Circuit City, employee took these signs, so, beautiful white on inside, and clean red hanger, anyway, I paid $10.00 each for them, One sign says Home Theatre, I removed this pull out covering and cleaned really well, Should I go back and buy the other 2? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom