I think I have nute lock. . .

Bagzgroove

I have a seedling that I've been trying to save. . . it was the least effected of 4. The other 3 didn't make it. . .
Anyway, my PH is around 6.8. I did a weak nute treatment, (a few drops of a weak 10,10,10) This is what caused the demise of the other 3 plants, but wasn't the origial problem. I suspect the Jiffy Pellets I used, either the casing or just holding to much water, was the original problem, and instead of waiting I treated the 4 with that nute solution I just spoke of. I have 3 new seedlings that are doing great, and are getting close to matching the height of this ill baby. The color is a very weak green, its almost 3 weeks old, and barely 3inches tall. She on her third set of leaves, which seem almost normal except for the color. 'll get pics soon, but not much to see that haven't described. temp is between 68 - 75 degrees, highest and lowest. Any help is appreciated. . . Thanks. .Bagz :peace:

It's not looking good for D1. . . The color is really fading, and I can see the fourth leaf set, and there has been no growth to speakoff in a few days. The 3 replacment seeldings have surpassed D1 in height. The only thing I did differently with these 3, I didn't use jiffy pellets. . .lol!! Oh, well actually thats not true, looking in my notes, I soaked them in root hormone, but I'm guessing that those pellets were the real problem, te root solution might have sped up the germination process a little. . . D1 still is acting as if she has too much water. . .according to my moisture meter, the top is dry, barely moist half way down, and the bottom had just moved into the moist range. . Was trying to get those roots to chase the water, but that hasn't had much effect on growth in the leaves. I think I should flush D1 real well, but am really am afraid too, ifd the plant still behaves as if there was too much water, than I think that pellet is holding it all. I wish I never used those things.. Is there anyway to unlock this baby, o should I just concentrate on the 3 healthy seedlings? :peace:

Doh, i'm working with Jiffy Pellets for the first time also. All of my herbal seedlings have lots of roots coming out from all sides of the jiffy pellet. However my jalapeno plant doesnt look soo good, and I think it might be the jiffy. I live in a crappy small town, so high grade rockwool or rapid rooters is not available to me, why I used Jiffy. Price is fabulous though

Jiffy pellets suck and I agree that they're probably the source of the problem. Even if you squeeze out the excess water, you have to add water again at some point. Those pellets will rot the plant in a heart beat. I've never had any problems just popping the seedlings directly into the soil I use for growing. The roots spread fast, deep into the soil so there's really no need to worry about them drying out. MJ likes it a bit dry to begin with and doesn't do well with wet soils. The soil PH of my entire grow never went below 6.4 and was always between 6.5 and 6.8. GL Bagz...

Back
Top Bottom