I think I killed one of my ladies

Hey all- thanks for all the responses. So I transplanted around week 5, I’m now around week 12. Had a few hiccups here and there but these 2 ladies took off in a healthy way. I feed them 1gal with a mix of molasses/ term tea every other day. Vermisoil medium. They get pretty good sun- I watered the surrounding area one day and then watered both plants. The next day one lady went down for the count. So my initial inquiry is how do I save her. Or is the plant savable.? That’s all.. thanks for reminding me to stop watering,, I mean I did drown the plant.
They're still maybe shocked up from the transplant looks like. Was the root system good when you transplanted it?

057C95F9-896A-4C87-9BB5-7DEFB7187A9C.jpeg
so here is the end post to this thread. With regards to researching on a noob level with this 420 site, watching every YouTube vid... and reading every “expert” on the cycle of marijuana growth. I choose this site because there’s more professionals than dumbasses telling me to stop watering- No Shit! Thnx.....However...
i had a similar problem with another plant, with me drowning it...and it looked just like the big plant I posted that had a lot of comments. But I did the whole process over, I re-transplanted and it looks good. *Down-side, stunted growth.Small healthy looking plant. Looks like week 4 when it’s week 13. I guess my original inquiry was for you who know the ins\outs of marijuana growth. I’m doing it small right now, but I’m experimenting and wanting real inquiries,,,, not a meme of a horse GIF. - seriously, I thought this was a site of real growers. I acknowledge #mocha #west H and others. But,, aside from the dumb questions/replies- do you think- like me- in order to save this plant that it will require a transplant at this stage— and this shocking turn of stages??? Has anyone done anything like this?

so here is the end post to this thread. With regards to researching on a noob level with this 420 site, watching every YouTube vid... and reading every “expert” on the cycle of marijuana growth. I choose this site because there’s more professionals than dumbasses telling me to stop watering- No Shit! Thnx.....However...
i had a similar problem with another plant, with me drowning it...and it looked just like the big plant I posted that had a lot of comments. But I did the whole process over, I re-transplanted and it looks good. *Down-side, stunted growth.Small healthy looking plant. Looks like week 4 when it’s week 13. I guess my original inquiry was for you who know the ins\outs of marijuana growth. I’m doing it small right now, but I’m experimenting and wanting real inquiries,,,, not a meme of a horse GIF. - seriously, I thought this was a site of real growers. I acknowledge #mocha #west H and others. But,, aside from the dumb questions/replies- do you think- like me- in order to save this plant that it will require a transplant at this stage— and this shocking turn of stages??? Has anyone done anything like this?
07E72D42-9FBF-4569-94F2-3CB22B8CA841.jpeg

I wished I knew more about soil .
I know in hydro when I screw up I’ve always got them to come back . This is my first to see this in soil . And now I want to see the best for you .
@InTheShed hopefully he’s online

Again,
She’s salvageable just needs to dry out a bit the next few days until she comes back around.
If you’re having trouble staying away from her with the garden hose or there’s rain in the forecast, here’s some more information directly from the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial, “To prevent over watering you can either: add more perlite to your soil, add hydrogen peroxide to your water for extra oxygen, all the while killing bacteria if any in the soil. After watering, wait a few days to water. Mj plants like a good watering and then a couple days to dry out in between watering.” Plus you can always try covering the ground around her with a tarp or something similar to keep the rain at bay.

Although, I’m just one of the
dumbasses telling me to stop watering- No Shit!
Who’s not a
real grower
so what do I know?

At the end of the day it’s your plant to do what you feel is best for it. If you had success saving the other plant you overwatered by transplanting it back into a container, cool, do it.

What is not cool is coming to this forum, asking for help when you’re in need of it, getting the advice you were seeking, disregard it, and then go on to berate and belittle those that offered you help with open arms and insult the forum they call home.

“You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.”

She is not dead yet. Don't water it and don't touch it for the next four days. She will turn.

Again,

If you’re having trouble staying away from her with the garden hose or there’s rain in the forecast, here’s some more information directly from the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial, “To prevent over watering you can either: add more perlite to your soil, add hydrogen peroxide to your water for extra oxygen, all the while killing bacteria if any in the soil. After watering, wait a few days to water. Mj plants like a good watering and then a couple days to dry out in between watering.” Plus you can always try covering the ground around her with a tarp or something similar to keep the rain at bay.

Who’s not a

so what do I know?

At the end of the day it’s your plant to do what you feel is best for it. If you had success saving the other plant you overwatered by transplanting it back into a container, cool, do it.

What is not cool is coming to this forum, asking for help when you’re in need of it, getting the advice you were seeking, disregard it, and then go on to berate and belittle those that offered you help with open arms and insult the forum they call home.

My bad , but Thankyou. I hear you and I’ll follow up. I was just upset with the memes and am going through a lady dying by my hands. I hear you though! I’m very sorry!

Hey y’all I apologize for being an ass- my lady is stressed and it has brought the stress in me. Respectfully, thank you for you feedback!

No worries, it’s hard when you’ve come this far only to have it go sideways on you. Hopefully letting her dry out for a few days will bring her around. I know I’ve heard/seen members use hydrogen peroxide with water in order to get more oxygen to the roots of a drowning plant but I’ve never done it myself and with you growing in soil you can say goodbye to any beneficial microbes in it. Re-transplanting it is going to stress an already stressed plant, like Oz and Dbdub mentioned. One thing I used to do growing outdoors many years ago was to mound up the soil in the spot where I would transplant my seedlings. I would do it with a lot of my garden veggies as well, specifically potatoes and carrots. By mounding up the dirt a good 10-12” higher than the surrounding soil you would guarantee that your plants would dry out first after heavy rain. You could try doing something similar by hand digging a shallow trench around your girls, just make sure you’re far enough out from the plant as to not cut and roots.

Again,

Who’s not a

so what do I know?

Thanks @The Phantom. I was ready lift anchor and drift off. Relax J.

No worries, it’s hard when you’ve come this far only to have it go sideways on you. Hopefully letting her dry out for a few days will bring her around. I know I’ve heard/seen members use hydrogen peroxide with water in order to get more oxygen to the roots of a drowning plant but I’ve never done it myself and with you growing in soil you can say goodbye to any beneficial microbes in it. Re-transplanting it is going to stress an already stressed plant, like Oz and Dbdub mentioned. One thing I used to do growing outdoors many years ago was to mound up the soil in the spot where I would transplant my seedlings. I would do it with a lot of my garden veggies as well, specifically potatoes and carrots. By mounding up the dirt a good 10-12” higher than the surrounding soil you would guarantee that your plants would dry out first after heavy rain. You could try doing something similar by hand digging a shallow trench around your girls, just make sure you’re far enough out from the plant as to not cut and roots.
I feel blessed with the info!! Thankyou OG

Hey man I'm late convo and am no expert But looks to me like you could have a drainage problem. Did you put anything at the bottom of your holes for drainage?
Thankyou for a great question. I kept it planted within the 5 gal bucket and put it in a hole I dug 2X the depth. I did everything I read, but honestly insider tips on do/don’ts are hard to come by. * No shot @ anyone

Back
Top Bottom