I think I killed one of my ladies

Thankyou for a great question. I kept it planted within the 5 gal bucket and put it in a hole I dug 2X the depth. I did everything I read, but honestly insider tips on do/don’ts are hard to come by. * No shot @ anyone
Has there been any changes since the end of last week, maybe a new photo to share? I’m hoping she’s turning the corner but it’s doesn’t sound like it yet.
no she’s going into a crispy stage. So I re-transplanted a plant like this b4, but it stunted growth like I said in earlier thread. I’m gonna try again because she look like no point of return. Just to try... I was just looking to see if someone encountered this, at this stage, and had a 411...

no she’s going into a crispy stage. So I re-transplanted a plant like this b4, but it stunted growth like I said in earlier thread. I’m gonna try again because she look like no point of return. Just to try... I was just looking to see if someone encountered this, at this stage, and had a 411...
My buddy was growing outside. Well a bad rain storm came through and tore this plant out of the ground with literally one root hanging on. So he just left it laying on the ground where it laid. Covered the roots with some dirt and said about a month later it was the biggest and prettiest pot plant he'd ever grown.

Sorry if I was mean @ the end, I was just looking for someone with experience who encountered this and had done something to remedy it. Aside from massive grows and amazing ness on this site, I should keep to the basics and not brought this topic up. I know to stay in the square box now. Thanks y’all!

My buddy was growing outside. Well a bad rain storm came through and tore this plant out of the ground with literally one root hanging on. So he just left it laying on the ground where it laid. Covered the roots with some dirt and said about a month later it was the biggest and prettiest pot plant he'd ever grown.
Seriously?

No no. I was just stating how tough it is to try and kill a weed plant. They can handle a lot if they have a great environment.
Sorry Oz my mind has been else where and I thought your post was J speaking. My bad, work has been rough lately and my mind has been wandering as I’ve been off my game.

I would like to know about the 5 gallon bucket comment you had @J Wills
I kept it planted within the 5 gal bucket and put it in a hole I dug 2X the depth.
Did you plant the plant, 5 gallon pail and all into the ground? FYI you’re good man, no need for anymore apologies, it was just the other day. I know now things were a little rough for you but you had your reasons to be. It’s hard seeing something you devoted this much time to end up in the current situation it’s in. I may have been a little hard and it wasn’t my intention to scold, I just know from what I’ve seen around here that people will tend to be more helpful when the person they are helping is a little nicer and open to suggestions, horse memes and all. You gotta be like Teflon sometimes, just let it roll off and not affect you. I only did it because I didn’t want to see you lose anyone that may be able to help you out, I’d much rather see you get the help you need and enjoy this site vs. end up turning people away before they had the chance to meet you and help you. You’ve been great since and don’t need to apologize any longer, I think most of us have forgotten about it and want to help you get to harvest.

Seriously?
Sorry Oz my mind has been else where and I thought your post was J speaking. My bad, work has been rough lately and my mind has been wandering as I’ve been off my game.

I would like to know about the 5 gallon bucket comment you had @J Wills

Did you plant the plant, 5 gallon pail and all into the ground? FYI you’re good man, no need for anymore apologies, it was just the other day. I know now things were a little rough for you but you had your reasons to be. It’s hard seeing something you devoted this much time to end up in the current situation it’s in. I may have been a little hard and it wasn’t my intention to scold, I just know from what I’ve seen around here that people will tend to be more helpful when the person they are helping is a little nicer and open to suggestions, horse memes and all. You gotta be like Teflon sometimes, just let it roll off and not affect you. I only did it because I didn’t want to see you lose anyone that may be able to help you out, I’d much rather see you get the help you need and enjoy this site vs. end up turning people away before they had the chance to meet you and help you. You’ve been great since and don’t need to apologize any longer, I think most of us have forgotten about it and want to help you get to harvest.
thankyou, seriously. Yea man I trans-planted into a 5 gal and let them root out. Dug a deep hole, put some medium in the hole.... big ladies 13 weeks later. From what I hear, maybe it is the irrigation.

thankyou, seriously. Yea man I trans-planted into a 5 gal and let them root out. Dug a deep hole, put some medium in the hole.... big ladies 13 weeks later. From what I hear, maybe it is the irrigation.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a phytophthora fungus, they cause root rot that would result in symptoms like this. Especially since you mentioned over-watering and the yard looks sorta shady. I’m no expert cannabis grower but have experience with other plants and what you’re seeing here is some sort of trauma to the roots. Chances are the fungus was building up for a while and then something tipped the scale so the plant was overwhelmed.
If it was a gopher or something chewing through the roots, it may have enough roots leftover to grow and pull through. Just don’t fuck with it for a while and see what happens. If it is root rot fungus, you may want to plant in another spot in the future. Root rot can persist in soil and fuck up the next generation of Douglas fir trees, for example.

Back
Top Bottom