I think my plant is short for it's age.

noobnoob

I have a crtitical + strain that is suppose to end its cycle in 45-50 days. I am on the 20th day and my plant is 0.55 to 0.8 feet (17-18cm) .I can see all the leaves squeeze into each other.Is my plant short for the stage that is in?
i use about 110w of leds 6000k and 130w of cfls 5500k in a canopy of 4.16 sq ft and 5.4 ft height .
I have my lights about 7 inches away from the plant just to have 40k lux on top of the plant.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_144206.jpg
    IMG_20200502_144206.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 166
First off, she looks good for 20 days old, now because it is not an Auto, that 45-50 days refers to flowering time, not life span.

Photo period plants can live years in the vegetative state, we don’t consider veg as part of the “finishing time”. She will get as big as you let her in this stage, it’s not until you switch to 12/12 lighting schedule that the “finishing time” applies.

I have a crtitical + strain that is suppose to end its cycle in 45-50 days. I am on the 20th day and my plant is 0.55 to 0.8 feet (17-18cm) .I can see all the leaves squeeze into each other.Is my plant short for the stage that is in?
i use about 110w of leds 6000k and 130w of cfls 5500k in a canopy of 4.16 sq ft and 5.4 ft height .
I have my lights about 7 inches away from the plant just to have 40k lux on top of the plant.
My last grow I grew a Critical 2.0 Auto. It did finish in about 70 days total. But it didn't get very big (maybe 2.5 ' tall) & I only got about 2.5 oz. off it. I didn't do any topping or LST on it.
You got a nice looking plant. I'd top & LST that girl & get a good yield out of her.

Yes, LST training. There's lots of info here if you use the search function. Topping to start. Then lst for a level canopy is what I've been trying to accomplish lately. Someone said to veg in the bottom third of the tent and leave the rest for stretch and flowering. That's another thing I've been trying and it's been working. You'll get this!

Ok then I'll try to explain what I do.
I start in a solo cup and go to one gallon plastic then a five gallon plastic. When in the 5 gal I top at the 4th or 5th node creating 2 new tops.

When these new tops are a few inches long it's time to gently bend them over level. I use pipe cleaners. Hook one end and secure the other on the pot with a clip from the office.

While the 2 tops are growing horizontally the side branches will be getting longer. Bottoms will try to make it to the top. I use more pipe cleaners to spread the branches out and make an even plant. Again fastened to the pot.

The goal is to manage the plant into a wide enough area so it's colas get light evenly as a plant and to have a level top so the light can be close to all the buds.

Also one main reason for the level top is that they put grow energy into the highest cola. So that cola gets more growth if it's physically higher on the plant. We want that energy to be spread through the whole plant so they all get the signal to grow big. A rule of thumb I go by is the tops should be no more than 2 or 3 inches from each other. The closer the better.
Here's a plant that has been topped. See the 2 or 3 inches of growth on the 2 tops? They need to grow level.
1588514831070.png

I can't find a pic with pipe cleaners to level but I found Shed's bbq stick method where the tops lay flat and I bend horticulture wire around them and flatten the top.
That should be enough to create questions. I wasn't really ready to make a detailed tutorial but this is what I do and it's flexable when you keep the reasons you're doing it in mind. Edit: The plants in the pics are too big to scrog in my opinion. They were grown naturally. Topped and lst'd. lst'd poorly in this particular grow but it was the best I could do ay the time

Now, it's time to figure the net. Soon after the topping they will need to have the net put up. A couple of inches above the top or what looks right. When the branches grow up, I weave them into the net gently. The top stick and pipe cleaner methods can be omitted if you get right to the scrog net and start weaving. If I need a tie I use one. Keep weaving until the net is 60 to 80% full and has started to grow up in places.
The plant is almost ready to flower now. You have to figure the stretch now. Will they stretch 50% or 200%. When you figure that you can let them grow until when you get an idea what the 3 or 6 inches of height is going to be in three weeks after the stretch. This is a lot right? Not really, one day at a time and it unfolds. That's when I flip the light.
Maybe @InTheShed has a tutorial ready to copy and post? Pics are lacking here and will help.

Back
Top Bottom