I think the mites are back. Bloom Day 27

Rocky Balboa

Tonight I noticed a couple of cobwebs on one of my plants. I removed them. I cleaned up then checked the other plants & found none. All my buds & leaves seam fine. Lots of bud coming in still. Can my plants still survive & produce bud? As I said before my plants look great. I really don't want to spray them. What are my odds here?

increase humidity levels and maybe spray with straight water. it won't kill them but it will slow them down and keep them from producing as much offspring. Another option would be predator mites. They are 100% biological and will only hurt spider mites. Once they run out of food they die. They are more useful near the begining of flower or in veg state though.

Ya all I have to do is turn on my dryer & the humdity reachelike 80-90% Is that to high of humidity level? I dont see any of them anywhere after I got rid of 2 webs tonight. Where can I buy these predator mites?

Ya all I have to do is turn on my dryer & the humdity reachelike 80-90% Is that to high of humidity level? I dont see any of them anywhere after I got rid of 2 webs tonight. Where can I buy these predator mites?

You need to get the humidity to about 80% and keep it there for a while. Like for days or a week, not hours. Predator mites can be bought from any local hydro store or even online. Talk with the hydro store about what steps are required for best results. It's usually the opposite of what the mites like. Mites like dry areas, predators like high humidity etc. You don't need to go into detail about what your growing but tomatoes are usually a good answer.

This is the reason I want to build by next grow space completely water proof, equipment and all. If I get mites of bugs, I want to be able to pull up and seal off my lights and fans and turn on a misting system that will spray water and whatever I add into the product container for 15 minutes on the hour, every hour, during lights off. This way you could kill off the mites without skipping a beat, and wouldnt worry about lights and fans getting tore up with water.

there are products that wipe the fuckers right out but i don't like the idea of consuming pesticides and from what i've seen they just help to produce virilent strains of the little bastards. little drug addict mites that beg for the spray and then just lap it up like it was their favorite shit to do .

First, make certain you actully have spider mites in your room. Look for moving black dots on the fan leaves and egg sacks in the croux of the branches. Also, yellowing and damage to the plants should be noticeable.

I had small yellow "spiderlings" in my grow room once. They made a few webs on my plants, but thats about it. They never damaged or harmed the plant in any other manner. These were obviously not spider mites which would have fed off the plant the first opportunity they were given. :peace:

Oh ok I thought theywere spider mites because of the cobwebs. The leaves are a nice green color & only a few yellow leaves on the bunch. I spray the h202 twice daily on my roots. Also added it res. The roots are nice white color. So not to sure what o think now.

I found more cobwebs oa few more plants.I decided to just spray with cold water daily. I guess just hope for the best. The plants are doing very well otherwise. Lots of more bud comin in. 1 of the plants in short & fat, the bud is already covered all over it. Only starting of week 4.

mite rid can't be found here in the US and it's systemic not topical. I wouldn't be spraying any poison on my babies when I was only 4 or so weeks from harvest but they are your babies! If you do spray with poisonous stuff make sure any one you share with knows they have been sprayed. asthma sufferers can really be bothered by certain chems and poisons. The last thing you would want to is to hurt a friend.

If you are very very careful in using it, what would be best is a model plane paint gun, you can concentrate on where you have to, and risk is minimal if you foliar with soapy water and rinse well. With the pyrethrin's I have used, 1/4 oz would treat an acre for flies, so proper dilution is required.

I don't think soap and water would work, but if you have a lot of time with them, you can spray just the floor with bug killer, and foliar spray the plants with water like 6 times day.

I don't know man, it's a decision you gotta make :)

If you are very very careful in using it, what would be best is a model plane paint gun, you can concentrate on where you have to, and risk is minimal if you foliar with soapy water and rinse well. With the pyrethrin's I have used, 1/4 oz would treat an acre for flies, so proper dilution is required.

I don't think soap and water would work, but if you have a lot of time with them, you can spray just the floor with bug killer, and foliar spray the plants with water like 6 times day.

I don't know man, it's a decision you gotta make :)

I use a hand held pump up garden sprayer I picked up at home depot for $5.00 when I use mite-rid. It's the best and easiest way to apply it on the underside of the leaves. I've used them for pyrethrums as well. Most go to a almost fogger sized spray. I loaned out the best sprayer I owned to a friend and he left it outside in the sun for a full summer and it exploded when it got pressurized.lol It had a wand attached by a hose to a canister that you pressurized. The wand allowed you to reach under and around branches and leaves.
While a air brush set up might work it's a little more expensive than a cheap sprayer is. if you already have a extra air brush gun around by all means though. Use what you have that works.
Another thing I do is to place a no pest strip type bug strip (bought at home depot as well) in the corner of the grow room. I am careful to not get it close to any plants. It seems that either I've gotten lucky and not had a re-infestation due to diligence or the pest strip is helping.lol Either way it's been several grows without any pests and I couldn't be happier.:partyboy:

The way I look at it my plants are doing very well. I don't think I have mites that bad or im sure my plants would not be in the state they are in. I will continue to spray with water.

Back
Top Bottom