I Thought Slurricane Season Was Over

Pulled this guy out of the flower room. Day 14 since flip.

[GALLERY=media,
I don't and haven't grown out many males in my time, but honestly thinking to myself about it alot lately. For a guy with a seed buying problem, it couldn't hurt. Love the big ball of male....well, balls. :)
Good pic.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about trying this for some time now. But as usual for us small home growers, space is an issue. There's just never enough of it. As it stands today, id have to sacrifice my flower tent. SMH That ain't happening any time soon. lol!
Beautiful male clusters! Nice pic!
I go to the veg tent for the light, then off to the laundry room right before they drop powder.
I bet the ladies were happy for a few weeks!!
I think he was more excited. :rofl: , but really I do think it triggers flowers faster on both male and female plants to have the other sex around. Maybe I notice things I want to though. Hehe.

Got a pic of them seedlings. Group shot. I think im correct on names. Left to right back to front.
Pucking genuis, sour dragons breath, grape romulan x huckleberry soda, 91' star, mach 10, pineapple fannta, elmers glue, then the clone from slurricane.

Slurricane looks good. She's growing fast.

GL with all the girls.

When I get a male from REG seeds I always put him in with the ladies in flower for a week or so. Male plants smell a lot different and I'm sure the ladies know he's there.

GL with all the girls.

When I get a male from REG seeds I always put him in with the ladies in flower for a week or so. Male plants smell a lot different and I'm sure the ladies know he's there.
And after the first week or so? Does he get removed? Killed? Moved to another area? Just trying to get an idea of what might
Thanks Bob!

Heard recently of ppl using bread bags around male plants to catch pollen and seal them off. Not sure how they’re able to breathe, but supposedly they are. You can also get something like these purpose built bags and then flower the males right next to your females in the same room. Hadn’t really heard about smells and making females flower faster, but if that’s true certainly makes me want to use these even more.
C1BD9663-4D9E-46EB-86D7-51CA98CA778C.jpeg

And after the first week or so? Does he get removed? Killed? Moved to another area? Just trying to get an idea of what might
Thanks Bob!

Compost bin usually 99% of the time... I'm a grower, not very good at breeding. I always wanna breed the mutants. lol

That grow bag for the males is pretty cool. I'm not sure I wanna do that.

There's another method - can move the male back to VEG - he will bust his sacks in there after he's that far along in flower he wont stop like a female does. Can turn down the VEG lights some too. Wont hurt VEG plants.

Think total lumens per day - if its the same as in flower but timing is longer its supposed to be the same thing (I herd a breeder say that).

Heard recently of ppl using bread bags around male plants to catch pollen and seal them off. Not sure how they’re able to breathe, but supposedly they are. You can also get something like these purpose built bags and then flower the males right next to your females in the same room. Hadn’t really heard about smells and making females flower faster, but if that’s true certainly makes me want to use these even more.
Never seen anything like this before. I wonder what kind of material its made from? Could work, i suppose. How can i get more info on this? Ive been bit by the old curiosity bug again. Lol!

Never seen anything like this before. I wonder what kind of material its made from? Could work, i suppose. How can i get more info on this? Ive been bit by the old curiosity bug again. Lol!
Here’s the link to the company who makes them:

Our Products

It’s the 3D.65 bag under the fruiting section.

Compost bin usually 99% of the time... I'm a grower, not very good at breeding. I always wanna breed the mutants. lol

There's another method - can move the male back to VEG - he will bust his sacks in there after he's that far along in flower he wont stop like a female does. Can turn down the VEG lights some too. Wont hurt VEG plants.

Think total lumens per day - if its the same as in flower but timing is longer its supposed to be the same thing (I herd a breeder say that).

Ive actually heard that before from someone else but honestly thought to myself, "homeboys medicated!" Lol! But shoot Bob, your word is as good as gold with me. I've picked up quite a few tips from you over the years, whether you knew it or not, thanks.
Always helpful, always polite, and extremely knowledgeable.
Many thanks Bobrown14.
Always a pleasure sir. *tips hat*

GL with all the girls.

dem fermones. Kinda like why do all the chicks like this smelly brute. Gotts to be dem fermones. Haha.
thats cool as can be.

good boys are hard to find but super easy to pick out. You got to let them go to find out.

Thanks for the tip Dusty! Yeah, i dont usually grow out males. I have, but i guess im not interested enough in breeding yet.
One day....one day...
This ones daddy was Cherry Pit by PNWRoots. He was stinking like skunk by week three of veg. The daughter actually come in our room one morning wandering if I shot a skunk or if there was a den of them outside or something. Haha. Soon as I found out it was a boy I knew id hit pretty much everything I had in flower at the time. Lol. Still have some pollen too. Next grow we might see some of the females he made.

This ones daddy was Cherry Pit by PNWRoots. He was stinking like skunk by week three of veg. The daughter actually come in our room one morning wandering if I shot a skunk or if there was a den of them outside or something. Haha. Soon as I found out it was a boy I knew id hit pretty much everything I had in flower at the time. Lol. Still have some pollen too. Next grow we might see some of the females he made.

Id be interested in seeing what comes of that!

:thumb:

Happy friday. We are still rocking the strawberry animal cookies. She takes 10 to 11 but worth the wait. Best one we have made so far and some of the best meds ive ever had. If theres pain anywhere she will kill it not mask it but kill that shit, and not leave you all groggy. She will get you up and get you rocking.

Back
Top Bottom