I was given a regent dusk to dawn 175 watt mercury vapor lamp 7,700 lumens and 6800 k

Heavensnursery

420 Member
I've read all the cons ,so what ,it was free. I'm starting a new grow and I'd like to get some feed back. Now this light will be teamed up with aT8 at 3000 lumen and a t12 at 6000 lumen that's a total of 16700 lumen. Does anyone think this is too much for 2 plants I'm gonna try to keep at 24 to 30 inches tall. I know the sun produces 10000 lumen per square foot so I thought this would be great maybe i'm in for a let down I don't know ? I'd appreciate any knowledge thank you

:welcome: to the forum...

The sun here has an intensity of over 100,000 Lux or 10,000 lumens at noon. Your lights would have enough output for 1.7 sq ft. Next you need to look at your spectrum. The 6800°K mercury vapor light might be usable during the vegetative stage, but is going to be next to useless for flowering. Many of the lights advertised through the big on-line sites are rated far above what they actually put out.

As an example, I bought an 1800W dimmable COB grow light, that didn't produce enough light for a 2' X 4' grow tent! If you are serious about growing a few plants look to our sponsors.

You joined at a great time. Since you will need a good light, head for the Mars Hydro Black Friday Giveaway, 2019.11. It's a good chance to win a free light. You can enter up to three times. Be sure to include the hashtag #marshydroblackfridaysalesrock and tag three members here with a @ in front of their name like this @Old Salt.

If you don't win you can get a good deal on an excellent grow light during the Mars Hydro Black Friday sale. As a member here, their representative @SmokeSara will send you a coupon for yet another $10 USD off the sale price.

Here's a sample contest entry, with the names changed to protect the guilty:

Hey @Heavensnursery, @Old Salt, and @The Bard, this is your chance to win a free Mars Hydro TS-3000!

To enter, post something similar to this, tagging three members.
Don't forget to add the hash tag #marshydroblackfridaysalesrock to your posts

You can enter up to three times :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom