i was searched without my consent.....what can i do

StonerGrower

i was stopped because i was coming out of a "bad" neighboorhood....i was approached by a cop..and he asked me a couple questions...just my name and what not nothing on the lines of marijuana....then he asks me "so what dot hey call marijuana now a days" so i go "i guess they just call it weed idk i dont smoke that stuff" so he then goes back to his car and tells me to wait a minute i said "alright sir but i have to be to work in a couple minutes thats where i was on my way to as you stopped me" then he says to me "you wont mind if search you do you" and of course what do you expect me to say but "no officer i really am in a hurry i cannot be late for work and you have no proable cause to search me and i know my rights as a citizen" he then gets closer to me and starts to go into my pockets...so i backed away and said "sir i believe i told you i wasnt concenting to a search" so he just continued so i again stepped back and said..."sir i told you before that i did not concent to you searching me and you have nor ight to do so" so he put me in ahndcuffs and went through my pockets which he had found an ounce of some premo dank =]

anyway later i ask him why he searched me and he says to me "because you smelled like marijuana" ....so a week went by and i had to go to see a PO and hear my charges....on the police report it says...."keith ****** was found walking down blah blah street...when i approaced him he seemed very anxious and had his hands i his pockets and repeatidly went through his pockets.......

NOW THAT IS BULLSHIT cause i knew that if i had my hands in my pockets theyd think i had a weapon or something dangerous and thatd lead to a search...so i purposely kept my hands out of my pockets....

now since this police report was entirely made up...seeing how he used a bullshit statement to search me then gave a different reason on the report....i know your not a lawyer but what do you think i should do about this??? seeing how i didnt consent to a search nor did they have a legit probable cause to search my person

this is what i was hoping for...but i doubt it will happen do you think i really have enough evidence to prove i was a victem in this case....because you know the pigs get what they want

If he took it outta your pocket you can get off in some cases, acouple of my friends got off because they just searched their pockets and pulled out their weed. Although you had an ounce...

yeah i know that why when he attempted to search me i just back up instead of walked away cause then thats considered resisting or whatever but im gonna take this to the fullest extent...this guy has absolutely nothing on me seeing how he illegally searched me...and took my baby away =[

Thats sorta what happen to my buddy, he lived in a apartment building and had i think 2-3 plants growing in the window, well anyway it was just his girlfriend there and the cops came up to the door on a domestic despute call and got the wrong apartment ... ran right back to where the plants where, they pushed her right outta the way. But he fought it and got most of the charges dropped.

stonergrower4 said:
:cool: yes i know it was mighty stupid of me but yes i had a whole ounce in my pocket ready to go home and get baked untill i got stopped by the rent-a-cop

No jokes, was it or was it not a rent-a-cop? If it was a rent-a-cop, they can do whatever the hell they want to you, they're just hired muscle, like bouncers. If it was a rent-a-cop you have no case, as it was just another citizen that rifled through your shit and turned you in. Same thing as if a 7-11 clerk looked through your pockets, found an ounce, then turned you in.

If it was a real cop, you have a case. Question though, how did you follow up on this? Did you get his badghe number? Did you immedeately call the poleice and file a complaint? You should have contacted the ACLU the second he took the handcuffs off. Your rights are meaningless if you don't do anything to try and protect them.

nah it was a real cop...but i like to use that term...i have no badge number...all i have is his name.....when i went to talk to my PO he said that i would have to take it to court...and most likely the case would be dismissed since theres no real evidence against either party...but i think thats a bunch of bullshit i think they just wanna eep me on probation to fuckw ith my head....but when i go to court for this charge you sure as hell can bet im brnging everythning up to the judge....and hes gonna look to the cop and say "your fired" (i wish)

i hope they fire him, that'd be one less cop to fuck with all of us...i hope people realize that we don't need more cops but instead we need a few honest ones to protect us but they can not be corrupt either...

its not that i HATE cops.....i just really really really really really...x85734656 DISLIKE them....especially the ones that think your a little fiend and dont know your rights...as stated above when i first started this thread i made the police officer well aware that i knew my rights and i knew i was protected under the 4 amendment....and still i did NOT consent to a search...as a matter of fact 3 TIMES I DID NOT CONSENT to a search i repeadily told the cop that he could not search me for he had no probable cause and did not have my consent...did that stop him NO!.....will the charges be dropped PROBLY NOT! but you can guaruntee that im not gonna let this one slide this is taking advantage of people and taking away their freedom 100% in my eyes.......i was walking around...that alone is no reason to even stop me more or less search me...and without my consent to search my person!!! AHH THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE

Bottom line--your word against the cops.
Guess who the judge is gonna believe?

My suggestion:
DON'T WAIVE TIME. NEVER WAIVE TIME.
Demand a jury trail, get app't a public defender and petition the court to act as your own co-councel.
They HATE that. They'll offer you a sweetheart deal just to get you out of their hair.
They'll offer you 3 deals, each one sweeter. Turn down the first 2, take the 3rd.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought people on parole had to consent to searches at all times? like if you don't comply with the law you can be arrested and then searched (because your on probation) so if that is correct (which i thought it was???) then I am not sure what the problem is. . .

^ i was not on probation at the time no...but i am now because of that jackass^

My suggestion:
DON'T WAIVE TIME. NEVER WAIVE TIME.
Demand a jury trail, get app't a public defender and petition the court to act as your own co-councel.
They HATE that. They'll offer you a sweetheart deal just to get you out of their hair.
They'll offer you 3 deals, each one sweeter. Turn down the first 2, take the 3rd.

^have you had any experience with this and please tell me the process cause i cannot afford 9 months of probation...going to court every other week...and i cant miss work for this..you understand the deal im sure^

Nothing gave him the right... His corrupt discusting ass just took matters into his own hands. Fucking cops think there something. There damn lucky they carry a gun... Thats the only thing they've got. I hope this bastard trys this on some huge ass dude and gets fucking pounded into the ground.

haha yeah your right thwy have a gun so that means they have "authority" but nothing gave this fucker the right to even stop me! nor search me....

ive been in fights with cops "police brutality" cause where im at in baltimore they dont hesitate to beat your ass for no reason

stonergrower4 said:
^ i was not on probation at the time no...but i am now because of that jackass^

^have you had any experience with this and please tell me the process cause i cannot afford 9 months of probation...going to court every other week...and i cant miss work for this..you understand the deal im sure^

Yes I've had experience.
I was arrested for and charged with marijuana cultivation. They caught me red-handed.
I was app't a public defender. I pled not guilty and requested a jury trial.
The 1st plea bargin they offered me: plead guilty to the charge and I'd get sentenced to 6 months jail, 3 years prob. and a $500 fine.
I said let's go to trial.The next deal they offered: plead guilty and get sentenced to 30 days in jail, 2 years prob. and $250 fine.
I said let's go to trial and I'm going to petition the court to act as my own co-council.
The 3rd deal: plead no contest to simple possession and the sentence would be a $75 fine, no jail 6 months prob. and after prob. the conviction (no contest is the same as a guilty plea) AND the arrest would be wiped off my record. I took that one.

Have someone you know listed as a defense witness, Tell your p.d. that the person is going to testify they saw the entire event and backs up your version of the arrest.
That'll really freak 'em out. That means they might have to go to trial, something they want to avoid on a simple pot charge.

Keep this is mind--your public defender is NOT on your side. They get paid by the same people the d.a. does, and sometimes the att'y can be a p.d. 1 day and a d.a. the next. Their main job is to clear the case if at all possible with a guity plea.

The only thing is you had an ounce of primo. He might have actually smelled it on you, and that would give him probable cause. I've had an 8th of primo in my pocket before and someone standing next to me smelled it.

i never carry just bags of pot around. I have lots of prescription bottles laying around my house from various meds/antibiotics, and I stuff the bag in a Pharmacy bottle be4 i leave the house. You cant smell it at all and if you can get a bottle that isn't clear, even better

SkinnyMike said:
The only thing is you had an ounce of primo. He might have actually smelled it on you, and that would give him probable cause. I've had an 8th of primo in my pocket before and someone standing next to me smelled it.

That was what I was going to say sort of. I am pretty sure the cop smelled it on you because they normally don't try to talk to people unless they already have suspecians. Cops learn during their first year to keep conversations down to a minumum because it it becomes a hassle. People are either dicks to cops or try to act buddy buddy.
You should only transport dank in a smell proof container like a jar.

I would also do what Ranger said but for me personnelly I would get a lawyer. (But I can afford to go that avenue.)

Back
Top Bottom