Ice Cream Punch: 100% Coco

Rich 3033

Welcome to my latest run. Since it's the middle of summer I'm not able to grow the plants in dwc, i don't have a chiller or aircon. Room temps are approximately 30-32c everyday and humidity 35-40% on average. For ventilation I'm using a 315mm extractor fan, with carbon filter and a homemade silencer (made from a cardboard box).

For lighting I'm using 4x sanlight q6w with plans to increase that to 10x q6w (sanlight gave me a spec for my room).

Nutrient wise I'm using Aqua Flakes A+B, growth technology Calmag pro, growth technology silicon, plagron green sensation, and a secret additive (which does not increase the E.C or effect the pH).

I've got many different strains going at the moment but my focus for this run is the ice cream punch (gelato 33 x purple punch), and Papaya cake (wedding cake x papaya).

Ice cream punch after topping, 9 cuts taken in total.

It took 8-10 days for ALL the cuts to root, i did some in rockwool cubes and others in the aeroponic cloner. Rockwool were the fastest to root.

ICP is a very fast rooting /growing plant. I transplanted from a 5L pot into a 50L pot (which it fully rooted in 17 days). Then i transplanted her into a 150L pot!

Clones look nice :goodjob: Do you mind if I ask what the secret additive is?
Hey BubblinBuds. Sure you can ask but it wouldn't be much of a secret if i told everyone.
Looking good Rich :thumb:That's a big ass pot:snowboating:

Thanks Chenzi. It's the biggest pot I've grown in, 3 sacks of coco. I'm hoping the extra root mass pays off during flowering. I watered the papaya cake yesterday, 60L total with 24L run off. E.C in 1. 6, run off 1.3.

ICP was ready for more cuts to be taken from below the canopy. I use Formulex at 0.7 E.C (5.5 - 6 pH) for soaking the rockwool cubes.

I chop most of the bigger leaves to 1/3 size, and use a Stanley blade to carve a thin strip of the stem away. I use the clonex in a little plastic bag to eliminate mess and it allows me to completely cover the stem all over.

I take the lid off 4x a day and spray water on the leaves and sides of the propagator (because of the summer heat).

The aeroponic cuttings are much less work as they don't need a humidity dome, just need to keep the nutrient solution topped up and change it every 5 days.

omfg I could almost fill 10 of my pots with 1 of those :rofl:
Haha yeah they are a bit excessive. I will know within a few weeks wether it was worth it or not. I prefer DWC.

With the outdoor this year i transplanted 2 of the same strain About 3 weeks apart, what a difference with the one I did first.

Haha yeah they are a bit excessive. I will know within a few weeks wether it was worth it or not. I prefer DWC.

With the outdoor this year i transplanted 2 of the same strain About 3 weeks apart, what a difference with the one I did first.
I started on dwc a while back, loved it, now I am rdwc and all I do is add more water holding size lol it is great but I still grow soil.

Oh I don't laugh at your pots the more dirt means a bigger plant and there isn't more dirt anywhere but outside so I bet they took off. :passitleft:

Hey BubblinBuds. Sure you can ask but it wouldn't be much of a secret if i told everyone.

Thanks Chenzi. It's the biggest pot I've grown in, 3 sacks of coco. I'm hoping the extra root mass pays off during flowering. I watered the papaya cake yesterday, 60L total with 24L run off. E.C in 1. 6, run off 1.3.
And there i was thinking a 10 gal geo was big...?
:rofl:

I started on dwc a while back, loved it, now I am rdwc and all I do is add more water holding size lol it is great but I still grow soil.

Oh I don't laugh at your pots the more dirt means a bigger plant and there isn't more dirt anywhere but outside so I bet they took off. :passitleft:
For some reason outdoor crops have flowered early this year, then gone back into veg (then started flowering again). I know many people who have said the same thing. The only peeps unaffected were those that supplemented light during the evening.

I had to chop down many as they were doing nothing :lot-o-toke:

And there i was thinking a 10 gal geo was big...?
:rofl:
It all depends on which style of growing you choose, and the plants you are working with. 10-12.5 gal pots i would have 1 per light.
Some strains grow like a stick with minimal side branching and they are good in 3gal pots, because the smaller the pot the faster the turn around, but then you also need more plants.
DWC in a 7.5gal bucket will yield more than a 12.5gal pot with soil or coco.

I took some good pictures of the papaya cake and ice cream punch. The PC is approx 90cm wide at the moment and the ICP 70cm wide.
I foliar Sprayed them last night close to lights off with cola de caballo @ 20ml/L.this is an organic antifungal treatment which also has limited effects against white fly and red spider mites. Prevention is key!

For some reason outdoor crops have flowered early this year, then gone back into veg (then started flowering again). I know many people who have said the same thing. The only peeps unaffected were those that supplemented light during the evening.

I had to chop down many as they were doing nothing :lot-o-toke:

It all depends on which style of growing you choose, and the plants you are working with. 10-12.5 gal pots i would have 1 per light.
Some strains grow like a stick with minimal side branching and they are good in 3gal pots, because the smaller the pot the faster the turn around, but then you also need more plants.
DWC in a 7.5gal bucket will yield more than a 12.5gal pot with soil or coco.
There are many different way's to skin the cat :rofl: I am watching that ICP
:drool::drool:Interested to see whether that massive pot will make that much difference.....To me, it's relative to how long you veg, to fill that space with enough roots for a chonger. I have just started using coco, and so far am happy with the results in 5 gal geos.
IMG_1250.JPG

There are many different way's to skin the cat :rofl: I am watching that ICP
:drool::drool:Interested to see whether that massive pot will make that much difference.....To me, it's relative to how long you veg, to fill that space with enough roots for a chonger. I have just started using coco, and so far am happy with the results in 5 gal geos.
IMG_1250.JPG
Nice man. How are you watering the Geo pots?

Hey guys, I've been on holiday for a few days last week. Everything was fine before i left, come back and the first thing i was greeted with was a pH lockout on the ICP.
I recognised there was a problem immediately, my solution was to irrigate with 1.6 e.c.

The next day i seen some improvement as the leaves were standing up more than before. But there was still a problem. Luckily my pH meter is a multi-substrate meter, so i can stick it directly in the coco and get an accurate reading. First place i tried was 6.1, then i stuck it in another hole and it was 5.4!

So i risked over-watering her and flushed 40L of 1.3 e.c 5.9pH through the pot.

Retested and everywhere was 5.9pH.
Next day i could 100% tell i fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom