Icemann420 Seedsman And Max Bloom Grow

Ok here’s my input. The dwc bucket being filled with water and a highly active airstione. Creates I s own amounts of humidity. All the air action in the water has to go somewhere right. I believe and I tested this belief when the (do) dissolved oxygen Bursts in the lower bucket that air pressure has to go up and it takes trace amounts of water vapor with it creating humidity. Now with the cooler temperatures at night the density of the air decreases. And the abilities to hold the humidity are decreased. And this being my first photo adventure I’ve never hade my lights off for 6 hours. But I’m happy to say I only hade a temperature fluctuation of 8* last night and the girls have a happyer lookng green to them. And not cold looking. I’m making a promise to my 420 family I’m going To feed my plants. And I’ll shoot a photo maybe even a video of the room and setup. But I’m going to post a photo of my intermediate growing schedule I’ll be using with this grow.

Maybe a silly question. But can you use a aquarium heater to maintain proper temps. I know nothing about hydro. Just curious
You can use one but a warm bucket is a bad idea that will cause low amounts of oxygen in the water and permits bacteria growth on the roots.

Ok here’s my input. The dwc bucket being filled with water and a highly active airstione. Creates I s own amounts of humidity. All the air action in the water has to go somewhere right. I believe and I tested this belief when the (do) dissolved oxygen Bursts in the lower bucket that air pressure has to go up and it takes trace amounts of water vapor with it creating humidity. Now with the cooler temperatures at night the density of the air decreases. And the abilities to hold the humidity are decreased. And this being my first photo adventure I’ve never hade my lights off for 6 hours. But I’m happy to say I only hade a temperature fluctuation of 8* last night and the girls have a happyer lookng green to them. And not cold looking. I’m making a promise to my 420 family I’m going To feed my plants. And I’ll shoot a photo maybe even a video of the room and setup. But I’m going to post a photo of my intermediate growing schedule I’ll be using with this grow.
sounds good mate . only ever done photo girls ever and their clones. ( kept a mother plant of coca kola cycling for over 5 years) . thankfully fems do tend to be that when u buy seeds now so no guessing games. I see great auto grows but didnt enjoy watching the pineapple express struggle to grow alongside my crop of photos, too much light on 18 for them i think.
cant wait to see what magic u weave here mate

You can use one but a warm bucket is a bad idea that will cause low amounts of oxygen in the water and permits bacteria growth on the roots.
thought it would be ok with hydroguard and so much air pumping in . thought 19c was just at lower end for max dissolvable oxygen and avoiding pathogenic issues. please advise mate , trust you implicitly but thought 14-16 c max without heater would cause me growth issues ??

Yes 14-16c will work fine it’s in the upper side but still low enuf to keep the bad bacteria away that would be 68*f and still in the zone. But you always have to rember they oxygen isn’t stable as stable in 70*f and up so 22*c is pushing for my liking. Now it will grow nice plants up top but ugly roots below. And amazing plants grow from the bottom up.

Yes 14-16c will work fine it’s in the upper side but still low enuf to keep the bad bacteria away that would be 68*f and still in the zone. But you always have to rember they oxygen isn’t stable as stable in 70*f and up so 22*c is pushing for my liking. Now it will grow nice plants up top but ugly roots below. And amazing plants grow from the bottom up.
heater plug pulled , advice taken , scratch my heater post. sorry for wrong advice fella. ooops read too much info it seems and got mixed up along the way.
Thanks icemann420.

Now if the roots aren’t established a heater would be a good idea To warm the bucket to promote root growth but once established mid 60*f or 17.778c would be ideal. Also I yhink if the roots would grow against the heater it probably would over heat them. Just my thought.

Looking nice this morning that heater really helped put life back in the girls. I’m going to bump up the heat a little tonight to see if I can close the window on temperature fluctuations. I’d like to keep it in a 5-7* window. Here’s pics from this morning as soon as the light turned on I was waiting to look at my temps
Ww#1
BF00CF4D-FE8D-4E70-A1D5-051260B724EE.jpeg
Brooklyn sunrise
779C810A-FAD3-43E9-A45B-95913B3783E1.jpeg
0F508C8B-F8AA-4F3E-9619-AD7BB7BAEA3B.jpeg
ww#2
C54BC4B2-D573-41BB-B928-70FCFB8F9F03.jpeg
and gelato
8E615206-1FA4-478A-B56E-348412846C66.jpeg

Looking nice this morning that heater really helped put life back in the girls. I’m going to bump up the heat a little tonight to see if I can close the window on temperature fluctuations. I’d like to keep it in a 5-7* window. Here’s pics from this morning as soon as the light turned on I was waiting to look at my temps
Ww#1
Brooklyn sunrise
ww#2
and gelato
They are looking beaut icemann420. nice colour on those leaves too. looking forward to seeing the difference between them all in flower.

res temp: i never had it at 22°, i meant as i have a control bucket /res that no plants sit in , the setting of 22 gave an overall temp of 19°c from circulating , it never really rises over this wether lights on or off. is pulled now and waiting to see what night time temps do. is there a too low for me to watch for ?

I agree with Jake. To an extent. If you start with with cold water like 50*f over the cores of 7 days the bucket will increase in temperature from there atmosphere. So I like to keep her cold then let it work it’s way up. And by time we hit 70*f it’s bucket change time. The cold water on the roots definitely slows down growth. But as long as the upper area. The leaves are warm it won’t effect the growth by much. I’ve started buckets with icy water with no issue.

@SamSmith nice info on the orca I’m a little cross on it. I’ve never used it but I understand how the liquid foarm would work better in the bucket. But have you cross referenced the content here is orca.
368C75DB-C14E-4082-928A-7026B44B52C4.png
53158B96-782B-4EB3-A7F2-EE4391B8DB1D.png
Now here is great white. Basically all the same but for some me reason I still tend to favor great white. I know it likes tosink in the water but with proper aeration The product tends to suspend in the Rez and stick to the under side of the net pot and other areas.
A2248276-4A63-468D-801D-D3ECE4B7DFE8.png

I know that the two products are pretty much identical other than one being powder and the other being liquid. The difference being that what is on the bottom of the bucket and collecting on the sides of the net pots is not being used by the plants as efficiently as the product already in suspension. The powder has to be broken down, dissolved and then absorbed. When you change the reservoir everything is flushed out and replaced so it only has 5-7 days to dissolve and be consumed by the plant.

The Orca product only pertains to hydroponics. In soil or coco the great white powder stays in the medium and gradually dissolves over time with frequent watering. In soil/coco the Orca product would be flushed out with your subsequent feedings in run off while the powder would remain and dissolve gradually for a more sustained effect.

The powder can't really gunk up too much in DWC providing it doesn't interact negatively with your environment. If it accumulates around the roots those areas can have issues in uptake. I just like to keep my buckets as clean as I can while making sure what I put in the bucket is immediately usable by the plant. I also do not want to stain the roots up so I can't identify potential issues before they become a problem.

In RDWC the powder can gunk up pumps and accumulate on probes. I think that the bigger issue is that Great White and Orca are premium products designed for specific applications. Using a less expensive mycorrhizae product designed for nurseries and large scale green houses in soil that is not designed for hydro will probably get things mucked up and make a mess.

Nice write up Sam. So I’ll give orca a go around next time I have to order. I’ve hade great success with great white. Well in my own eyes lol but a definite noticeable difference with out it. I just cleaned the buckets and fed them 400ppm with a ph of 6 and water temp is 64*f 40% humidity today idk maybe the heater keeping the temperature more stable allowed the water vapor to hold in the air longer. Sweet:cool:

I agree with Jake. To an extent. If you start with with cold water like 50*f over the cores of 7 days the bucket will increase in temperature from there atmosphere. So I like to keep her cold then let it work it’s way up. And by time we hit 70*f it’s bucket change time. The cold water on th

Come to think of it I was running the room temp down at night trying to purple and still didn't btw so of course it took half the day to get it back up and I was melting snow for water so yeah I guess I can't blame that on the res temp

Ww#1
Brooklyn sunrise
ww#2
and gelato
There looking great brotha

Back
Top Bottom