Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top Grow LED: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

My Vegging Plants are loving this 144x3w Sara! I only have it on the veg setting and I'm not only saving a ton of $$ on electricity, my plants are looking very happy as well :)

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top Grow LED: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Chronic weekend to ya Ice :thumb:

Hey Everyone!!! Happy Shatterday!!! LOL Just a quick update of how my grow is going. So far this would be day 12 of veg for the older potted plants.

The 2 GSC are taking off and growing fast now, I can only guess that the roots now have sprawled enough to support faster growth :) I'm definitely happy about this since this cut of GSC is so amazing. She is definitely going to stick around for a while!!! To date one of the top 5 I have grown.

The Cherry Pie is looking healthy and happy as well but slower to take off as well as the 2 OGiesels. They look really good and are really starting to get that healthy brixy look to the leaves! Nice!

The SFV OG is really starting to take off now as well and showing healthy new green growth and finally my UVH OG looks to have rooted and is stacking on new growth slowly.

I sprayed all the girls with a foliar tonight of r/o water with very light ingredients/additves of :
cold pressed seaweed
raw bee honey
carboload
2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
0-3-2 EJ Bloom
humic acid
fulvic acid
organic b
EJ Micro
2-0-0 Cal mag (synthetic with calcium nitrate)
spinosad (15ml)

These all were added in amounts of 5ml or less to 1/2 gallon of r/o water.

This mix was also sprayed on my flowering tent as well.

I also wanted to know why the root riot plugs were not sprouting my seeds and I think I may have discovered why. I pulled out a few seeds and they had cracked and the white taproot was starting to emerge on a quite a few of the seeds, but it looks like the holes on the root riot plugs may have been too tight for the seed shell to open enough for the tap root to come out of the shell. I am just guessing but over 1/2 my seeds were cracked with the white tap root showing. I took all the healthiest ones and put some pre-mixed soil in red party cups and poked my finger down about 1/2" and dropped a seed in each cup. I cant remember exactly but I think there were 3 or 4 of the Hawaiian seeds, 1 of the unknown DNA Genetics Purple seed, and 1 of the holy grail seeds. None of the purple steve's cracked but its ok because I have plenty of those left. The others were very few so I didn't want to waste them. All of the seeds that did not pop got thrown into a plastic up with R/O water and set on the heating pad in the humidity dome with the other cups. Hopefully they will crack and pop in the water. We will see :) Either way I hope to have some of them pop and have some new strains to work with.

So far I am very pleased with the TOP LED Grow light and have been running it on the Gas Lamp Routine Schedule 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5. off and the plants are thriving. I also have only been running it on the veg setting which I know is saving me a ton of money off my bill this month :) I'm actually looking forward to getting it to see the difference...lol What!!??

Here are the photo's for tonight:
DSC07732.JPG
DSC077332.JPG
DSC07734.JPG
DSC077351.JPG
DSC07736.JPG
DSC077372.JPG
DSC077382.JPG
DSC07739.JPG
DSC07740.JPG

waiting on pins and needles to see these girls get big
Good weed to ya Ice :thumb:

waiting on pins and needles to see these girls get big
Good weed to ya Ice :thumb:

I can't wait to watch them get big as well !!! Its going to be a fun grow, still haven't decided if I am going to go strait into a V-scrog or just grow them out like I have been. I think I may be leaning towards a vscrog because I am really curious to see how this 144x3w will flower them. Only time will tell.

I'm watching Ice!

Glad to have ya here EyeDooIT!!

So here is a quick update!! Today would make day 16 of Veg for my older girls. So far things are really coming along with all of the clones and finally the University Hill's OG looks to have rooted and is forming new leaves!! Woo Hoo!! I was scarred she wouldn't make it!

None of the seeds have poked through the soil yet and I don't see any of them in the water showing tap roots so I will just wait and see what comes of them. Hopefully they will poke through in the next week or 2.

I have been continuing to do LST on all of the larger vegging girls and every 2 or 3 days I am tightening them down, or adding new strings to help maximize branching which will help me increase the overall yield. Other than that not much else is being done to the vegging girls besides letting just do their natural thing.

Here is a quick update of the vegging ladies..

Full tent views...
DSC07767.JPG
DSC07768.JPG
DSC07769.JPG
DSC077751.JPG

GSC
DSC077781.JPG
DSC077791.JPG

OGiesel
DSC07776.JPG
DSC077771.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC07780.JPG

SFV OG
DSC07771.JPG

University Hill's OG
DSC07781.JPG
DSC07782.JPG

Blue Dream (I think I may cull this one if I don't like how it turns out this run) I don't think it is real blue dream but more of a cross with blue dream in it, but since this one came from an unreliable source, really not sure. I know blue dream very well by smell and taste and look and even though it looks very similar to blue dream and has the smell, its not as citrus/orange smelling as most blue dreams I have had....
DSC07772.JPG
DSC077701.JPG

Girls in Cups
DSC077731.JPG
DSC077741.JPG

Good weed to you Ice :thumb:
love the led's
I hope your liking the savings on power and low heat off the lights :thumb:

Good weed to you Ice :thumb:
love the led's
I hope your liking the savings on power and low heat off the lights :thumb:

So far I am very happy with the Top Led Grow lights... the plants look amazing, and my bill... well I hope that I see a huge reduction this month :)

Hey icemud,I'm new to this game and was reading the other thread about topled grow light ( took 10 days on and off!and came across your link I know you know your shit so I'm going to be watching carefully as I've just got a 400 marsll as well n it's my 1st bash with led:thumb I've got 6 cheese under ( 11 days veg)..thinking of getting the 700 marsll for bud:idea: anyway good luck mate looks like it's going to be good!

Hey icemud,I'm new to this game and was reading the other thread about topled grow light ( took 10 days on and off!and came across your link I know you know your shit so I'm going to be watching carefully as I've just got a 400 marsll as well n it's my 1st bash with led:thumb I've got 6 cheese under ( 11 days veg)..thinking of getting the 700 marsll for bud:idea: anyway good luck mate looks like it's going to be good!

First off I would like to say Welcome to 420 Magazine Pro Green! :420:

I am very pleased that you stopped through my journal and really appreciate the good vibes and compliments. I so far am happy with the Top LED Grow 80x5w (400) that I purchased (Its in my other journal in my flowering tent) as well as the 144x3w for my veg tent.. . I think you will be happy with your purchase and definitely send me an invite to your journal when you get one started. Can't wait to see how those Cheese love that LED. :)

Hey Everyone... Today would be day 19 of veg for my older of my vegging clones. I have to say I am very impressed so far with the TOP LED Grow light. The plants are responding very well to the veg setting and it seems that the nodes are very tight and stacked compared to grows with the CMH which were slightly more lanky at this point in veg. I have not even been using the bloom setting yet and they are loving the light.

I will be leaving for 9 days so I am going to be giving the girls a good watering tonight of just plain r/o water with nothing added. The soil is so fortified that it will support these young plants for a good 3-4 more weeks I would say, but I do want to keep the soil moist for the time that I will be gone. This time of year here in Socal, the humidity can go for days at a time around 10% and since I won't be here to run my humidifiers or fill them up, the moist soil should keep the tent around 50% even with outside humidity low (if it gets like that).

I am much more comfortable leaving knowing I am running a LED instead of a very high wattage ballast and hot bulb for many reasons, one being safety and the other being hot temps in my apartment while I am away since I can't leave the windows open.

Overall I am happy how my plants are looking. I gave them a foliar spray tonight of the mix I also used in my flowering journal.

I filled up my sprayer with a little over 1/2 gallon of r:eek: water and added:
2 cups of my earthjuice tea that has been bubbling for 24 hours (also will feed the girls this tomorrow right before I leave).
10ml of Adv. Nutr. Organic B 0-0-1
10ml of 10-0-0 calcium nitrate 10% calcium
20ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
20ml of cold pressed seaweed
Spinosad (to make sure no thrips or mites or anything else snack on my plants while I'm goin) Its organic and protects for up to 3 weeks against many pests) This will be my last application of any pest related sprays.

Other than the watering and the foliar spray, I am sure when I come back they will have seemed to double in size and probably will require more LST or topping.

Here are the photos of the veg tent:
DSC07821.JPG
DSC07822.JPG
DSC07823.JPG
DSC07824.JPG
DSC07825.JPG
DSC078261.JPG
DSC07827.JPG
DSC078281.JPG
DSC07829.JPG
DSC07830.JPG
DSC078312.JPG

Happy Skunkday Ice
Good and safe trip to you :thumb:

now that you are using LED lights and your grow areas are cooler how often do you find that you need to water?

Looking good so far Icemund! I have been supercropping my ladies in between the nodes, it is keeping my girls very short and compact I also have a 600 Watt LG-LED running in my garden, link to my journal is in my sig would appreciate some feedback brother! I am a first time grower hopping to learn a few things. Stay up my friend! I think LED technology is here to stay. Subbed.

Back
Top Bottom