Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey I saw one of your videos where you bought one of the green reflective LED lights from top grow... In this grow lookds like youre flowering with the marsII... I know you said you used the green reflective led for veg and had solid results... have you used it for flowering? and if so did you you solely use the flowering setting or did you just go full spectrum..
thanks! bryan

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey I saw one of your videos where you bought one of the green reflective LED lights from top grow... In this grow lookds like youre flowering with the marsII... I know you said you used the green reflective led for veg and had solid results... have you used it for flowering? and if so did you you solely use the flowering setting or did you just go full spectrum..
thanks! bryan

The Green Reflector series I only use for veg, on the Veg Settings, never used it for flowering.

Hey Everyone, Just a quick update...

The temps here in Socal have been extremely hot the last few days and the winds have been coming off the desert so the humidity for the past 3 days has been down under 10%... I've been holding off harvesting until the humidity was on the normal again and the winds had shifted to onshore breezes... So tonight I saw the humidity climbing, checked the weather, and looks like things will be back to normal at least for the next week.

So tonight I decided to get started with the chopping. I took down the SFV OG. I have to say, wow!! Lots of buds, huge nugs everywhere. This one is probably going to be the largest yielding one in my garden so far, extremely frosty, very light green buds that smell like pepe la pew was doused in fuel and lemon juice.

I love OG's for trimming, so easy... The whole plant took me about 3 hours, I'm not speed trimmer by any means (and I manicure how the dispensaries do hardly any sugar leaf left on, unless its completely coated with resin).

I decided to do just a 1 part wash on this harvest but tried something slightly different. After each bud was trimmed I placed the stem into plain r/o water. My thoughts were it may help hydrate the bud slighly and maybe even pull some nutrients out of it for a smoother smoke. I don't have any studies or evidence or methods for this, just a simple stoner thought in the process :) lol

I washed the buds after all were trimmed in plain r/o water and hung them to dry...

Here are the pics from tonight..

DSC093672.JPG
DSC093681.JPG
DSC093692.JPG
DSC093701.JPG
DSC093711.JPG
DSC09372.JPG
DSC093731.JPG
DSC093742.JPG
DSC093751.JPG
DSC093761.JPG
DSC093771.JPG
DSC093782.JPG
DSC093802.JPG
DSC09381.JPG
DSC093823.JPG
DSC093832.JPG
DSC093842.JPG
DSC093852.JPG
DSC093861.JPG
DSC093872.JPG
DSC093881.JPG
DSC093891.JPG
DSC093902.JPG
DSC093911.JPG
DSC093922.JPG
DSC093931.JPG

That's some nice looking buds!
I've been reading on this forum now for a while and decided to finally registrate... =)
I got a Q:
How much do you on an average yield per plant?

Icemud....those pics are awesome......I like it.....and hate it all at once....the hate.comes from knowing how much effort goes into.chopping all.that!!! Wheew...the gift and the curse!!!! :yikes:

I did have a question....I know I have scrolled through several of ur journals and you.have mentioned the scrub...@ harvest..!!??? Where can I get more info on that....?? I have seen water cure.....but scrub/wash.....whats the purpose?? Teach....teach....!! :Namaste:

Icemud & other experienced members....had a quick.question. I have 7-8 grows under my belt....but still consider my self a novice. I current veg under cfl.....I then took my ladies and put them under my screen and used a led for the last 2 Weeks to veg them to.screen....! I think the led I am using isnt providing enough coverave area (usually.not what i.use it for anyways).....the question is....if I switch light sources to a 600w mh...do you think the light change stresses the ladies....if so how much.? Just opinion if is fine....thanks:helpsmilie:

You're welcome whynot! In a few days I'll be washing my second harvest since washing my first harvest cost very little and added a little time to the harvest but the results were more than worth the effort.

That's some nice looking buds!
I've been reading on this forum now for a while and decided to finally registrate... =)
I got a Q:
How much do you on an average yield per plant?

There really isn't an average per plant, since each plant is a different strain. I would say I can get anywhere from 1oz to 6oz per plant depending on the strain, and many other variables including nutrients, plants health, soil and other issues.

Icemud & other experienced members....had a quick.question. I have 7-8 grows under my belt....but still consider my self a novice. I current veg under cfl.....I then took my ladies and put them under my screen and used a led for the last 2 Weeks to veg them to.screen....! I think the led I am using isnt providing enough coverave area (usually.not what i.use it for anyways).....the question is....if I switch light sources to a 600w mh...do you think the light change stresses the ladies....if so how much.? Just opinion if is fine....thanks:helpsmilie:

I don't think the light change will stress them too much, as long as you keep the start of the day and then end of the day the same times.

There really isn't an average per plant, since each plant is a different strain. I would say I can get anywhere from 1oz to 6oz per plant depending on the strain, and many other variables including nutrients, plants health, soil and other issues.

Ok so which strains have you had best luck with and which one has been the worst?
Of course i understand different growing techniques, lightning, nutrtition etc is key but i was just looking for a closer number.

Icemud,
Do you have a vaporizer? Is it worth getting one? Rolling joints with sticky buds?

I have 2 vapes, the pen style for concentrates, and a larger one for flowers. I don't use them a whole lot because I just usually pack up the flowers in my glass pipe or my bong, or when I feel like a nice longs smoke a blunt or joint. :) I switch up the methods quite often :)

Are vapes worth it? well I guess they have their good sides. I prefer just to smoke (unfortunately I'm a smoker, probably part of the addiction) but vaping will reduce the amount of tars, chemicals and other crap that comes along with our lovely herbs. The hits will be less harsh, more flavorful, and mostly all vapor. Vaporizers are nice, but take a lot of time to get set up and take hits, (at least my vape) so I don't use it a whole lot.

As far as the vape pens for concentrates, I like these a lot and use them quite often. The advantage of smoking a concentrate pen/vape is that you can control your intake much easier than like when your smoking a pipe or joint. Most people smoking a pipe or joint will smoke it until the bud/joint is gone, thats the indication to stop....This may be too much for some that don't want to get totally high, but just a mellow buzz. With the vape pen, you can take a small hit, wait a while, and see how the effects hit you. The taste is the same every time, where as if you sparked a joint, put it out, and fired it back up, it will taste a little resinous. With the vape pen I definitely can measure out the amount of my high much easier, as well as you are only getting very minimal chemicals vs burning organic material.

Ok so which strains have you had best luck with and which one has been the worst?
Of course i understand different growing techniques, lightning, nutrtition etc is key but i was just looking for a closer number.

There isn't really a way to say my friend.... for instance... I can take 1 plant, lets say cherry pie. I can just let it grow normally indoors, no training or manipulation and get 1-2oz. If I took that same plants and did training (LST, SCROG, FIM, Topping, Supercropping) and I can get anywhere from 3-5oz indoors. Now if I took that same strain and took it outside, I could be getting 1 to 5lbs off the same plant....

So I think you can see where I am going with this.. any strain can produce large or small yields depending on the scenereo. Some strains produce very small amounts of yield, like my GS Cookies. GS Cookies produces about 1oz where most of my others are producing 4oz or so, but the quality of the GS Cookies is beyond most of the other strains I grow, so its a trade off.

I hardly care what quantity/yield I get, as long as my buds are the top shelf, primo, best buds around, then I am happy. Obviously more is better, but I'm not concerned with yield as much as did my buds turn out completely amazing.

So....with Icemuds knowledge....stating little to no.stress...if i.switched lights.....went and supported my.local grow store and bougbt a hortilux 600 watt mh blue spectrum...light...should.give me the veg I need for a 6x4 screen....!!! Considering running co2 during veg....thanks for the advice...!! :Namaste:

I gotta agree with Ice on the quality being more important

Back
Top Bottom