Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Ice, that grow was awesome!! :bravo: I have been working on my first grow and I'm using an led with some cfl's. I'm hoping to get some results like this some day. I'm learning a lot from everybody and I appreciate you taking the time to share what you're learning with the rest of us! :thanks: I can't wait to get a smoke report on these beauties. :hookah::peace:

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Just another quick update.

Just finished harvesting, trimming, washing and hanging to dry my Cherry Pie!!

The Cherry Pie definitely had some very large buds on it, and quite a few, But some issues with nutrients towards later flowering browned and killed off some of the leaves. The buds themselves turned out beautiful, full of trichomes, and I hope have a good flavor. The fragarence is like the last few runs I have done with cherry pie, its just not really a very stinky plant when compared to other very strong scented strains. Its more of a mild, earthy, sweet smell with a slight fruity hint and a little skunky funk behind it too.

So all that is left to cut down is the UVH OG. Not too happy how the UVH OG turned out this run, not sure if the light didn't reach it sufficiently or it was too hot, or what, but this plant in the past has yielded huge cola's for me, covered in frost and very stinky, and this run it just doesn't seem to be the same. Not sure why. So probabbly this one will get pulled down either tomorrow night or monday. I don't really have room in my drying area yet, so I have to wait until the SFV OG is done drying.

Here are the harvest pics of tonight and a few shots of the remaining plant in the tent..

DSC094021.JPG
DSC094031.JPG
DSC094042.JPG
DSC094052.JPG
DSC094071.JPG
DSC094082.JPG
DSC094092.JPG
DSC094101.JPG
DSC094112.JPG
DSC094121.JPG
DSC094141.JPG
DSC094151.JPG
DSC094161.JPG
DSC094171.JPG
DSC094181.JPG
DSC094201.JPG
DSC094211.JPG
DSC094221.JPG
DSC094231.JPG
DSC094241.JPG
DSC094251.JPG
DSC094261.JPG
DSC094281.JPG
DSC094301.JPG

Icemud, great harvest! :)
When do you find ( how far along in flower) your calyxes start to really plump and swell? When they do, do you continue to use amaze, pgr, and yucca with your foliar spraying?

Its hard to say because each strain is slightly different. The GSC started showing swollen calyx's early, around day 35-40 of flowering, where as my UVH OG is really just got to that point about 1 week ago. So I would say anywhere from day 40 and longer.

As far as the foliar sprays. I think I cut them off around day 45 or so. I don't like to spray near harvest because I don't want any of the "funk"/salt build ups, grime on the buds. I also don't want to encourage bud rot so usually once the buds show good girth and are dense, this is when I stop the sprays.

Gratz on the chop Ice looks like you got a lot of good smoke comin :thumb:

Here is the harvest photos of the very last plant in the tent!!! The University Hills OG. Definitely the UVH OG didn't get as large as it has in the past but it may have been to me not pumping nutrients into them, and really letting the soil do a majority of the work. I also think it may be that the plants had some issues with either not enough nutrients or too frequent of watering towards middle to late flowering. Also, the way I had the Mars II attached over this section, the weight wasn't evenly distibuted so the Mars II tended to tilt slightly towards the back of the tent, so this one didn't get as direct of light as the SFV OG...

I have to say though, the UVH OG never ceases to amaze. Very fragarent, very sticky, very frosty and very good :)

This is the end of this journal as far as growing, but stay tuned for updated photos of the dried nugs, plus the final weighout, grow metrics and details as well as a final review and smoke report :)

DSC09431.JPG
DSC094321.JPG
DSC094332.JPG
DSC094341.JPG
DSC09435.JPG
DSC09436.JPG
DSC09437.JPG
DSC09438.JPG
DSC09439.JPG
DSC09440.JPG
DSC09441.JPG
DSC09442.JPG
DSC09443.JPG

Congrats on your harvest Ice. Looks like some great results from the MarsII. :thumb:

:bravo:

Nice buddage buddy :) :)

Nice trim job on some tasty nugs there S1ing. +reps bro.

Great job icemud! Thank you for sharing :)

Congrats on your harvest Ice. Looks like some great results from the MarsII. :thumb:

Thank you so much everyone for your kindness!! I really appreciate all of you for joining me on this grow, cheering me on, and helping with any details or questions I was seeking!!! You all are truly the best!

Stay tuned for photo updates of the finished nugs, final dry weights, smoke reports and a overall review of the Mars II lights.

Just joined after catching up on this thread for a couple of days reading, thanks for such a thorough journal and your photos and vids are great. I just caught the bug and started a couple of test plants in hydro under LEDs and came by to see what "real" growers thoughts on LED technology were. And of course the results.

I haven't grown a thing since 1973. Of course back then, everything except Thai sticks had seeds. Smoke the leaf. Whole new ballgame. Am going to read your Intelligent Gro journal now. Trying to see what's gonna work.

Peace.

fantastic looking frost caked nuggage mr ice damn i cant wait for my next harvest im out of meds just a little hash & shatter left i save the high octane for last so it gets me thru, first time ive been out in 3 yrs so im really drooling over these shots this time!! looks like your stocked till the next harvest!! and another great grow to file in the library :rocker:

Hi there IceMud, 1st of all i would like to say well done nice looking nugs there. I came across your journal last night and subscribed so i could finish reading it this morning. For me it was very informative and helpful, as i am going the led route myself. At the moment im using fluro for veg stage but i also have a LG-G03A100LED running at 18/6. i am still finishing off my room but i am getting rid of the fluro and going to use the LG-G03A100LED in a small cabinet for veg stage. And for flower stage to have in the room itslf i am purchasing a LG-G04B96LED tomorrow (which takes like a day to get here:))

Ok the thing i was wondering was what you thought the coverage was, the place where im purchasing it from states:
Coverage area:4.4'x2.2'
my room is 7' long 2.10' wide 9' high.
Because im only running the 1 light to begin with. Do you think i would get away with running it long ways?
Keeping in mind they state coverage at 2.2' and my room is 2.10' wide.
Any info would be great thanks mate.
Going to sub to your other grow now. Cheers :high-five:

Just joined after catching up on this thread for a couple of days reading, thanks for such a thorough journal and your photos and vids are great. I just caught the bug and started a couple of test plants in hydro under LEDs and came by to see what "real" growers thoughts on LED technology were. And of course the results.

I haven't grown a thing since 1973. Of course back then, everything except Thai sticks had seeds. Smoke the leaf. Whole new ballgame. Am going to read your Intelligent Gro journal now. Trying to see what's gonna work.

Peace.

Hey MKenyon!!! I really appreciate your kind and thoughtful words my friend and I am happy to hear that you were able to get some good info and enjoyment out of my journal and videos. Thank you so much for your generous statements :)

I have to say, so far I am very impressed with LED as a whole.... it took a while for the industry to really get things right in terms of spectrums and chip ratios and I can confidently say that LED is here to stay :) For me the biggest perk was power savings, I was sick of paying $260-300+ monthly bills for my HID lights and with LED I was able to not only reduce my bills to $150-180 per month, but also added a 3rd grow area, instead of the 2 I was running before!!! The power savings alone was reason enough for me to make the switch, and when I bought my first LED and my buds had more trichomes covering them as well as a slightly better flavor, I was sold!

I have to say, a lot has just changed over the past 4-5 years, I can't imagine how much has changed since growing in the 70's. Well not really the process per say, but just the technological advances in environment, nutrients and lighting have gotten significantly more dedicated to our favorite plant :) I can't wait to see your setup, and hear what you choose as far as lighting. If you need any questions answered, feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom