Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey Ice..... was just wondering if you were using the full spectrum version or cycle specific versions. Im looking at picking up a 700w for veg but not sure if the extra $80 is worth spending on the veg version over the full spectrum version..... Thanks :)

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey Ice..... was just wondering if you were using the full spectrum version or cycle specific versions. Im looking at picking up a 700w for veg but not sure if the extra $80 is worth spending on the veg version over the full spectrum version..... Thanks :)

For the Mars II I was using the full spectrum versions...

Pro mix had vermiculite which helps retain water. Something to keep an eye on.

I figured out that it was too high of soil salts/EC level that was killing them off, going to have to remind myself to do a monthly soil drench/flush to make sure this doesn't happen again, as well as tone down the volume of watering I am doing.

I figured out that it was too high of soil salts/EC level that was killing them off, going to have to remind myself to do a monthly soil drench/flush to make sure this doesn't happen again, as well as tone down the volume of watering I am doing.

Are you talking a soil drench as you go into flowering and every 4 weeks after that or are you talking about all through the Veg and Flowering stages? As you know, I am pretty much following your soil/foliar/tea mixes so would be very interested. My current grow is going great so would like to head off any problems

I follow a feed system in my soil that goes feed, water, feed , water, etc. I flush the soil with at least an equal amount of water as there is soil (ie 5 gal of water for a 5 gal pot ) the week prior to flower. Then I may do a mini flush half way through flower. Probably about 2-3 gal plain water. Then again during the final flush. Other than that you should only need to flush is you see issues. Or maybe a soil drench to get enough runoff to test the ppm, pH of the run off.

Just my personal little method

Pro-Mix HP contains perlite not vermiculite.

"Ingredients

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
(65-75% by volume)
Perlite - horticultural grade
Dolomitic and Calcitic limestone
(pH adjuster)"

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

Pro-Mix HP contains perlite not vermiculite.

"Ingredients

(65-75% by volume)
(pH adjuster)"

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

That's pro mix HP.
PRO-MIX BX Biofungicide +Mycorrhizae - General purpose peat-based growing medium

Ingredients
(75-85% by volume)
Vermiculite-horticultural grade
(pH adjuster)

Hi Icemud,

I'm reaching you because I see that you are also using TOP LED lights, and are much more experienced that I am.

This is my first grow, currently on week 3 of flowering, but still see no flowers :( but plant are looking healthy :)

I'm wondering if no flower visible is due to incorrect light settings. I'm using 2x TOP Led GrowLight 96x3w (Reflector LED grow light).
As you know these LED panels have two light switches, one for Growth and one for Bloom - is also possible to have both on at the same time.

I'm not sure how to set the lights during Flowering phase.

If I only set the Bloom lights on, it seems to have really low light intensity. Bloom setting only turns on Red lights, and there aren't many of those.

If I set both Bloom and Growth lights on, all LED lights are turned on, more light intensity, but then also have Veg light spectrum.

What are your thoughts and experiences with the lights from TOP Led Grow Lights during flowering?

Thanks

Hi Icemud,

I'm reaching you because I see that you are also using TOP LED lights, and are much more experienced that I am.

This is my first grow, currently on week 3 of flowering, but still see no flowers :( but plant are looking healthy :)

I'm wondering if no flower visible is due to incorrect light settings. I'm using 2x TOP Led GrowLight 96x3w (Reflector LED grow light).
As you know these LED panels have two light switches, one for Growth and one for Bloom - is also possible to have both on at the same time.

I'm not sure how to set the lights during Flowering phase.

If I only set the Bloom lights on, it seems to have really low light intensity. Bloom setting only turns on Red lights, and there aren't many of those.

If I set both Bloom and Growth lights on, all LED lights are turned on, more light intensity, but then also have Veg light spectrum.

What are your thoughts and experiences with the lights from TOP Led Grow Lights during flowering?

Thanks

With the Top LED reflector series, you never want to run just the bloom setting because the lights will overheat. The fans on the reflector series operate only with the veg switch, so when the light is in use, you always want the veg setting on, so the fans operate. When you are flowering, you want to have your lights on a 12/12 setting, 12 hours of light, 12 hours of darkness. With the reflector series, you want to use both veg and bloom switches in the ON position.

So to answer your question, yes you want to use both the veg and bloom settings in ON position when flowering. I would make sure that you have your lighting timer set on 12/12 because at 3 weeks from the flip, you should definitely see flowers by now...usually in my experience flowers appear anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks from the flip, but usually not longer.

Hi IceMud, thank you so much for your quick reply

So it seems I am doing the right thing then, as I'm using both Bloom and Growth lights on since start of flower schedule, and of course the 12h on/12h off lights schedule.

I had an issue with my lights timer at the end of week 1/ beginning week 2 of bloom, and the lights stayed on for a bit longer than 24h... the timer went "kaput" and didn't turn off... had to get a new one.

Also on the week transitioning from veg to flower I messed up on the nutes solution for my hidro setup... I'm using Flora series, was suppose to add 64ml gro, 64ml micro, 106ml flo and instead added 106, 64, 64 ... then instead of replacing all water added the remaining missing flo nutes ... meaning that the total nutes were 106ml gro, 64ml micro, 106ml flo ... the plants grew like crazy during the week, but remained healthy (or so it seemed).

Maybe all those things during the first couple weeks of flower made that why only now mid week 3 of bloom I'm starting to see the first "flower hairs"

Better late than never , haha :)

All will be ok, if I keep my eyes open and don't allow for more mistakes.

Thanks again

Man Great Info Ice, im setting up my 1st grow, and flowering will be in a 4x4 tent, what light would you pick on a budget, bang for the buck, in order to grow top quality meds for my epilepsy? I have been pouring over light after light, im concerned about my electric bill and will be using a 2ftx4ft for veg.. I was wondering, would it be better for me to get an LED setup for veg as well?

Appreciate any advice..

Koncept

Man Great Info Ice, im setting up my 1st grow, and flowering will be in a 4x4 tent, what light would you pick on a budget, bang for the buck, in order to grow top quality meds for my epilepsy? I have been pouring over light after light, im concerned about my electric bill and will be using a 2ftx4ft for veg.. I was wondering, would it be better for me to get an LED setup for veg as well?

Appreciate any advice..

Koncept

Hey Koncept, thanks for the compliments! and it looks like your new here at 420 Magazine so welcome!

Well budget could mean many different things so if you told me what the max you could spend would be and what other equipment you have (like fans and such for environment) I might be able to narrow down a few choices for you.

Personally I can't tell you what light to get since I haven't tried them all yet, but 420 Magazine is an excellent resource with lots of LED growers so you will be able to see real grows with LED's in action and it may help you make your decision.

A lot of it comes down to budget.

I only have used Top LED and Intelligent Gro so far and they both have their differences but both grow bud. I haven't done a side by side comparison so its kind of hard to compare. They also have much different features which adds to it being a somewhat difficult comparison. There are many brands of LED out there and a lot of them are sponsors here at 420 Magazine... I would check out the sponsors page and view some different options and maybe get a list of 5 that you think are good, and let me know and other members and myself may be able to help you choose what is best for your situation.

Let me know what your budget is and maybe I can throw you some options.

ok my space is in a 10ft x 12ft building, well insulated and climate controlled, it is equipped with a top exit 230cfm exhaust fan I have running to a spin type vent on the roof.. My entire budget for everything will be around 1500 or so, and here is sort of my list as to date.

Good 4x4 tent for flowering
Good light or lights to cover 4x4 tent for flowering. My question here, is 2 lights better than one for coverage and which ones should I use?
soil pots and nunt's
Then plumbing intake and exhaust with filtration as I live in a densely populated area of LA County here in CA, and don't trust anyone or anything...
all while keeping electrical bill in check.

For the Veg Tent, probably going to be a 2x4 for mother / clones, my question here is, is it better for me to go with an LED as well, or go the T5 route? I am not sure what would work better as a result, My thinking is the LED would probably be better here as well as far as electrical cost and results.. I was looking at that mother keeper kit listed on Fleabay that uses the T5's.

I just don't want to half ass it, I want to do it correct the first time and have watched all your videos, that helped me a TON! I also don't like weak ass soft flowers, I love my rock solid nugs, and am seriously interested in trying to find a strain that can better control my epilepsy.. 6000mg of keppera a day is facking killing me, and medical cannabis is REALLY the only thing that really helps me.

So im ready to place an order, but am so scared to pull the trigger on the wrong product. Thank You again for all you Videos and help!!!! and any advice you could throw my way is seriously appreciated. Again Love your results and vids they helped me a ton so far!

ok my space is in a 10ft x 12ft building, well insulated and climate controlled, it is equipped with a top exit 230cfm exhaust fan I have running to a spin type vent on the roof.. My entire budget for everything will be around 1500 or so, and here is sort of my list as to date.

Good 4x4 tent for flowering
Good light or lights to cover 4x4 tent for flowering. My question here, is 2 lights better than one for coverage and which ones should I use?
soil pots and nunt's
Then plumbing intake and exhaust with filtration as I live in a densely populated area of LA County here in CA, and don't trust anyone or anything...
all while keeping electrical bill in check.

For the Veg Tent, probably going to be a 2x4 for mother / clones, my question here is, is it better for me to go with an LED as well, or go the T5 route? I am not sure what would work better as a result, My thinking is the LED would probably be better here as well as far as electrical cost and results.. I was looking at that mother keeper kit listed on Fleabay that uses the T5's.

I just don't want to half ass it, I want to do it correct the first time and have watched all your videos, that helped me a TON! I also don't like weak ass soft flowers, I love my rock solid nugs, and am seriously interested in trying to find a strain that can better control my epilepsy.. 6000mg of keppera a day is facking killing me, and medical cannabis is REALLY the only thing that really helps me.

So im ready to place an order, but am so scared to pull the trigger on the wrong product. Thank You again for all you Videos and help!!!! and any advice you could throw my way is seriously appreciated. Again Love your results and vids they helped me a ton so far!

I have very similar tent sizes. a 2x4 for moms and clones and a 5x5 for flowering. I had bought the 700w marsII before I bought my flowering tent then I realized the problem. Its really hard to evenly cover a square with multiple square lights, you have to get 4 of them to really pull it off. I am only using about 3x5 of my tent with a 700w and 400w marsII but if I had to cover the whole thing and could start over I would use 4 of the mars II 400w. You can see my flower setup in my latest journal. The biggest marsII would also work fine but I don't like not having a back up light in case of failure and its nice to be able to adjust the height of them individually. Also depending on the tent brand you go with the 5x5 was only like 30 bucks more then the 4x4 and having an extra foot of space to keep your plants of the walls of the tent is priceless if you have the room for it (the walls will suck in if you have passive intake, esp if its filtered, unless you put side supports on it or something to prevent it).

I just switched from a t5 for my moms to two of the smallest reflector series topled and I run them on veg only. I haven't had them long enough to comment on their results but the plants are not complainin so far :thumb:

Also I don't know what height they are listing their coverage numbers at. I have my marsIIs about 15 inches from the tops of the plants and I think they have less coverage then listed that low. On my first grow I kept them higher to get the rated coverage area and I think my buds suffered from it.

I have very similar tent sizes. a 2x4 for moms and clones and a 5x5 for flowering. I had bought the 700w marsII before I bought my flowering tent then I realized the problem. Its really hard to evenly cover a square with multiple square lights, you have to get 4 of them to really pull it off. I am only using about 3x5 of my tent with a 700w and 400w marsII but if I had to cover the whole thing and could start over I would use 4 of the mars II 400w. You can see my flower setup in my latest journal. The biggest marsII would also work fine but I don't like not having a back up light in case of failure and its nice to be able to adjust the height of them individually. Also depending on the tent brand you go with the 5x5 was only like 30 bucks more then the 4x4 and having an extra foot of space to keep your plants of the walls of the tent is priceless if you have the room for it (the walls will suck in if you have passive intake, esp if its filtered, unless you put side supports on it or something to prevent it).

I just switched from a t5 for my moms to two of the smallest reflector series topled and I run them on veg only. I haven't had them long enough to comment on their results but the plants are not complainin so far :thumb:

Also I don't know what height they are listing their coverage numbers at. I have my marsIIs about 15 inches from the tops of the plants and I think they have less coverage then listed that low. On my first grow I kept them higher to get the rated coverage area and I think my buds suffered from it.

Man TY Great Info!! To keep the walls from sucking in I was planning on having intake fans on both tents and if the 230 exhaust at the top is not enough to get rid of the heat and air then I will go with more exhaust fans and increase ducting.. The room has great intake potential for air as it is not a closet or anything of that sort, this is my old IT Lab when I used to work in the computer industry. But my main concern would be light leaking into my flowering tent as the room gets lots of natural light as well. I know I wont have to worry about that very much with the moms or clones.. I wanted to try to keep it at 4x4, but I know I should listen to you and go with a 5x5, instead of repeating what you just said hehehe.. Im trying to leave enough room in here for my Racing simulator setup, I use it for my brain training after my accident, my brain took a huge hit and I suffered from what they call a TBI and I ended up with 3 subdural hematoma's in my brain that really screwed me up.. So I use a racing simulator to help my brain deal with making my body react and function and try to get used to motion, as when I drive in a car its like being on some acid trip or something, and I never did hard drugs.

So im trying to get everything ready so I can pull the trigger and get things ordered, so much info out there a retard like me gets real confused real easy lol. now to keep going over my list and add up the costs, also Sara is working on a quote for me now on some lights..

Also for the Flower Tent, should I just order the lights in the flower spec only? or should they be full spectrum? that really confuses me too! and like yourself, I don't want only one light, that scares the hell out of me not having a backup and being an X Network Engineer lol, us dorks like things to work logically, and be easy to understand and HAVE A BACKUP lol... I cant imagine having one fail right in the middle of a bloom, I would cry a river!

Thank You so much for your advice, sound's like solid advice to me!! Thank YOU!

man I just realized the ceiling fan would come into contact with a 5x5 tent, I wonder if I went with a 3x5 and did it more of a rectangle if that would work well too, I could fit the 4x4, but a 3x5 or a 3x6 would fit much better, but then I get concerned about them hitting the walls, but I can come out 3-4ft without worrying about the ceiling fan coming into contact with any of the tents lol. Man some things you just don't think of sometimes.. Also my ceiling is 8ft on the walls and its vaulted so it goes up too 10ft in the middle.

Also ICE I was looking to grow that very same strain the SFV works really well on my epilepsy, but I cant seem to find just the SFV in clones, just the SFV OG.. I will be ordering some of those as it works really well on my epilepsy.

Back
Top Bottom