Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartpots

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

Day 77 Flowering.... Well I checked the soil today and wow, these ladies are sucking up moisture fast, already needing more water!!

Got to use my R/O system today for the first time.. for the girls...I am really impressed with this reverse osmosis water....It first off tastes amazing, especially with my water having so much chlorine that you can smell it when you turn on the shower...now the water is tasteless and fresh, pure as can be... :)

So I had a question in another post about this systems waste water...so I tested it out.... to fill up a 5 gallon bucket of purified R/O, DI water it wastes 2 5 gallon buckets of water.... luckily in my area its not wasted because my city uses reclaimated water, pretty disgusting if you actually think about it..lol anyways with this ratio, it would be a 2:1 wastewater to purified water, which for smaller, tankless systems, is really good....especially for putting out 2ppm water...

So In the 5 gallons of R/O water I added all soil amendments to help use up available nutrients, but not to add extra...

I added 20ml H2 Humic acid
20ml F1 fulvic acid
10ml liquid carboload

and fed the girls...pretty much a pure feeding...with no salts..after additions...ppm was only at 12ppm... :)

I also jarred up the OG101 and XJ-13 which now have been drying for 3 and a half days, the smaller stems were near snapping, and the buds felt crispy and dry on the outside, but moist in the middle...I am going to leave the Kali Kandi dry for another day or 2 because she is still pretty soft and moist on the outer edges. I also will take dry weight measurements after about a week or 2 of burping so I get a more accurate weight... :)

I also decided after looking at my Holy Grail OG and remaining OG101 that I will let them go another week or 2, the OG101 is showing clear/milky trichomes and the Holy Grail OG is still showing almost all clear... I really want them to get as amber as possible and get as much weight as possible, so hopefully these next two weeks will make a huge difference... As long as I have no hermie or self polination issues.... :)

Didn't snap any photo's today but will have more tomm..

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

By the way, did anyone notice in my new signature, the icon's create a mini story...lol..

And it's only o ne chapter to read!! = Pothead friendly! Thank you!!

LOL, sorry, just blazed a FATTY!!

Day 79 flowering, Jan 26th....

Well took a good look at the ladies today and seems there still not even getting cloudy/amber and still shooting out white pistil's everywhere. I am hoping that they finish soon because I am anxious to get grow number 3 underway, but don't want to pull these girls early either because I really want that couchlock, put you on your @zz type feeling, so I hope within the next 2 weeks they will be ready...

Other than that the curing is going good on the 3 that were pulled almost a week ago..

I am keeping the jars closed for most of the day and night, opening the jars about every 6 hours to burp them, plus feeling the buds to see if the outside edges are crispy or moist... If there moist I leave the jar open for a few hours and recheck the feel of the bud...when the edges get crunchy, on goes the top until there moist again.... They really are starting to get rid of the "green" type smell and the fragrances are already coming out strong. I am really suppriesed with the "weird" OG101 that had abolutely no smell when cut and dried...smelled similar to minty grass....now she is really starting to get that OG smell to her....shes covered in milky trichomes and I smoked a bowl of her the other day, and already a very heavy high :) this one I think is going to amaze me :). The kali kandi by far turned out the best so far, smell, taste, appearance and high....overall a very very dank variety of OG101 x chocolope.... really has a sweet smell and taste with a strong diesel undertone... the XJ-13 is also turning out really well... she is forming nice dense, beautiful smelling nugs.... similar to a pinsol/toothpaste/7 UP taste and smell.... amazing high...very energetic, enlightening and overall very sativa.... can't wait till these babies have cured for 3-4 weeks...

well didn't shoot many photo's today but took some of the remaining plants, the holy grails, og101, and secondary buds on the kali kandi...

and here they are...enjoy!!

IMG_20120126_131926.jpg
IMG_20120126_131932.jpg
IMG_20120126_131938.jpg
IMG_20120126_131944.jpg
IMG_20120126_131951.jpg
IMG_20120126_131957.jpg
IMG_20120126_132004.jpg

Jan 27th.... Day 80 flowering... didn't do much to the girls today besides check the soil moisture level as well as give them a good look over to see if anything was looking out of the ordinary or not, and so far everything is looking great. The soil was pretty dry so I mixed up a batch of pretty much just soil amendments and carbos, with a very light P-K and should be feeding the girls tomorrow.

5 gallons of R/O water..

mixed in:
40ml hygrozyme (assist in breaking down remaining organic materials, dead stuff)
30ml Earthjuice bloom 0-3-1 (mixed at a 1/5 ratio of normal dose for slight P-K)
40ml of H2 humic acid (aid in nutrient chelation as well as opens ph range)
40ml of F1 fulvic acid (aid in nutrient chelation as well as opens ph range)
15ml of Advanced nutrients liquid carbo load (similar to molasses, carbo's for soil)
1 TBSP unsulfured molasses (carbo's for soil)
10ml of Blue fruit smoothy naked brand..(carbo's for soil, sucrose and other plant sugars, b-vitamins, high postassium, micronutrients,)

I checked the trichomes and still the OG101 and Holy Grail are showing mostly clear, some cloudy...I can't believe at 11 weeks they haven't even hit amber yet...going to be a huge harvest off these 2...especially the holy grail which I think between the 2 plants will pull over a pound for sure...all the large cola's are the size of tall boy beer cans..

Some nice Bud shots, 4 days into curing...

Here are a few shot's of the 3 plants that were cut on the 21st, dried for 3 days, and now have been curing for 4-5.

I definitely could have done a better trim job, but I still am going to manicure a little after they have cured for about a month...

Kali Kandi (OG101 x Chocolope)
DSC04116.JPG
DSC04117.JPG
DSC04119.JPG
DSC04120.JPG
DSC04121.JPG
DSC041221.JPG
DSC04123.JPG
DSC04125.JPG

XJ-13
DSC04126.JPG
DSC04127.JPG
DSC04128.JPG
DSC04129.JPG
DSC041301.JPG
DSC041311.JPG
DSC04134.JPG
DSC041351.JPG

This OG101 was the one on my 400w CMH side of the tent, she developed really fat, dense buds, but trichome's never really coated her like they should have. This one was stunted severely at clone/early veg, so I wasn't really sure what I would get out of her, but supprisingly even though it seemed that she may have showed some bananna's, and has absolutely no smell...she now is starting to get a real mellow sweet earthy OG funk to her, still very green smelling, but a really nice flavor already when smoked, and probably heaviest out of the 3 so far... can't wait to try her sister on the other side of my tent.. :)
DSC041381.JPG
DSC041421.JPG

Looking good brother but damn they have a long flowering time @11wks and still mostly clear...sounds like it could be a 13 or 14+ week strain

Fantastic harvest pics. Nicely done! Is that a horse penis next to the duracell? Holy moly thats a nica bigga fata cola.

Fantastic harvest pics. Nicely done! Is that a horse penis next to the duracell? Holy moly thats a nica bigga fata cola.

Lmao...thanks for the good laugh this morning...that was a good one...lmao!!

Looking good brother but damn they have a long flowering time @11wks and still mostly clear...sounds like it could be a 13 or 14+ week strain

I know that holy grail was supposed to be a 10.5 week flowering, so I know she is on track...but the OG101, I think she is just so FUBAR from the lockout issue that she hasn't really done too much in the past 2 weeks....if the OG101 doesn't grow anymore after this next watering, then I most likely will harvest her...

Day 82 flowering....these ladies are such late bloomers...lol...I cant believe I am this late into flowering and still seeing white pistols and clear trichomes...WTF...lol! I am happy that they continue to grow and thicken up as well as get more covered with resin every day. The humidity has been unbelievably low the last 2 days...(so thankful I am not drying right now) but it has been slowing my ladies growth and showing slight stress on the leaves... RH less than 10%.... so I added a few wet towels to the tent, as well as re routed my humidifier into the air intake, and raised it up to around RH 25% which is a little low, but better than it was. I know that low humidity in late flowering is actually a good thing, because it stresses the plants creating more resin flow and trichome development, so hopefully this will aid in pushing my girls to maturity..

I also may be getting very lucky today and purchasing 2x 200w dual spectrum indution lights for 1/3 the price.... I am going to hopefully get 2 of them, they are supposed to be a combo of 6500K and 2700K spectrums with the output equivalant to a 800w hid but only running around 200w... If they produce similar to HID I will be very happy, reducing my electric load by 600w.... If anything I will have some kick ass veg/clone lights... for the price I am getting them at.... its practicly a steal...

If all works out, I will post photo's of the lights and they will be popping up in my next grow. :)

Here are today's photo's

Full Tent views
IMG_20120129_122105.jpg
IMG_20120129_122124.jpg
IMG_20120129_122244.jpg
IMG_20120129_122427.jpg

Kali Kandi (secondary buds)
IMG_20120129_122221.jpg
IMG_20120129_122237.jpg

OG101
IMG_20120129_122105.jpg
IMG_20120129_122203.jpg
IMG_20120129_122212.jpg

Holy Grail OG
IMG_20120129_122139.jpg
IMG_20120129_122146.jpg
IMG_20120129_122156.jpg
IMG_20120129_122255.jpg
IMG_20120129_122307.jpg
IMG_20120129_122332.jpg
IMG_20120129_122358.jpg

Well I decided against getting the induction lights...even for 250 each...for a 700$ light...there is just not enough information about the output spectrums on them, and the bi directional had little to no proof of actual grows that were successfull. I also noticed that the blue band sat at 450nm but didn't even hit the target on the other needed PAR spectrums...so yeah its probably capable of growing weed, but weed at its full potential, probably not yet...

Flowering day 83....

Well I gotta say, these Holy Grail's are still growing thicker, larger, the small lower nugs are getting denser and still mostly clear... I am thinking these may go another 2 to 3 weeks which I don't mind, as long as they keep getting fatter. The OG101 is not really doing too much, thickening up slightly but not really adding on too much to the fullness. I will probably give her another week and if nothing changes then yank her too.

I gave the girls a watering today. Had my nutrient mix bubbling for the last 36 hours. It actually really isn't a nutrient mix, more soil amendments and carbos.

5 gallons of R/O, DI water...ppm 001.

added:

40ml F1 Fulvic Acid
Earthjuice Catalyst 40ml
2 tbsp of unsulfured molasses
40ml of hygrozyme
15ml of Advan. Nutr. Liquid Carbo Load
10ml of fruit smoothy....

Other than the feeding, just waiting on the girls to finally decide to stop growing and mature, but loving that they are looking so good... :)

As far as my curing nugs, still been burping the jars 2x daily for about an hour or 2 at a time.. the nugs are really starting to feel dry (evenly) and the moisture seems to be getting down to the last. I am trying to let them take as long as they can to fully dry/cure so that I have very smooth and good flavored smoke... So far the 3 strains are turning out excellent and I couldnt' be happier...

Here are the photo's for today...

DSC041431.JPG
DSC041441.JPG
DSC041452.JPG
DSC041462.JPG
DSC04147.JPG
DSC04148.JPG
DSC041491.JPG
DSC04150.JPG
DSC041521.JPG

Wow a lot has happened since I was gone for 10 days! Things look great icemud.
when you say 83 days into flower is that from the switch or when do you start counting from?

Wow a lot has happened since I was gone for 10 days! Things look great icemud.
when you say 83 days into flower is that from the switch or when do you start counting from?

83 days from when I switched over to 12/12...

Thanks for the compliments!! :high-five:

Looking great buddy, its hardest time waiting for these last moments of ripening but yet its one of the most important times for your marijuana in bringing out its true medical properties. You have done yourself a great job here brother those fat nuggets are Oozing with frost and coming to there final weeks of life cant wait for harvest!

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom