Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartpots

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

Alright everyone, since this grow has successfully come to an end, I would like to thank all of you who have stopped through and made this journal great! I am getting ready to start round 3...I really have been slacking but I have some choices to run next time and here is what they are.... I think for the sake of plant management, I am going to keep it down to 3 strains, but may change my mind when ordering...lol

I would really like to run the holy grail OG again, because she was so damn good...lol, easy growing, very high yielding and strong smoke, but I also would like to try something new.... so...

my choices of clones are...

Platinum Bubba kush
Pre98 Bubba kush
Silverback OG
Monster OG
Platinum Kush
Fu#kin Incredible
Maui Wawi
Blackberry Kush
Tahoe OG
Sour Bubble

With a list like that I really am not sure what to choose... I like to usually go with the ones that are hard to find but I also base my decision on overall potency, yield, the plant structure, and flowering time.

So far I am leaning towards the Platinum Bubba, Sour Bubble, and possibly the Tahoe OG, but really not completely sure at this point...

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

I have wanted to try the Tahoe OG. I have read remarkable things about it. It was out of stock my last order. This is a 2011 cup winner if my memory is correct.

Fu#kin incredible sounds fucking incredible. I would definitely grow that.

I have so many memories of cruzing the black sands beaches of Maui fried on the local weed of the day in 1983 that I ordered some Maui Wawi for my next grow. Back in 1983 there was nothing else like it. You could buy it from anyone working at the local gas stations at the time. It came in sealed celephane of about an 1/8th for $10.

I have wanted to try the Tahoe OG. I have read remarkable things about it. It was out of stock my last order. This is a 2011 cup winner if my memory is correct.

Fu#kin incredible sounds fucking incredible. I would definitely grow that.

I have so many memories of cruzing the black sands beaches of Maui fried on the local weed of the day in 1983 that I ordered some Maui Wawi for my next grow. Back in 1983 there was nothing else like it. You could buy it from anyone working at the local gas stations at the time. It came in sealed celephane of about an 1/8th for $10.

I've had tahoe OG before and I think it is definitely a very strong OG, and from what I have read, one of the original cuts of OG as well...very piney earthy taste with a very heavy but clear buzz....

I love me some Maui!!! actually just picked up some from my local delivery guy and it really is a great daytime smoke and the flavor is unmatched... I remember the first time I tried maui back in college in the late 90s and still to this day it is in my list of favorite flavored smokes...

Well I'm getting ready for grow # 3.....just picked up some soil amendments for adding to the base...

So far I have
Happy Frog potting soil
FFoF potting soil
Worm Casings with added mycos and kelp meal
greensand
epsom salt
dolimic lime
mexican bat guano 10-1-1
fosssilized seabird guano 12-11-2
Humboldt Mycos Maximum
perlite

still have to pick up some higher p-k guano's and organic compost...

anything else that you would recommend for soil base???

Sounds like quite a mix. If you are up to it, I would love to see why you chose each item. Your success mixing your own has had phenomenal end results. I am just a FFOF guy with nothing added. I have so much to learn about soil.

I can see that there would be many situations where altering the standard would have an advantage. THings like POT size, germination, etc.

Icemud love the strains you are considering. The (2) most intriguing to me are the Tahoe OG, and the Pre-98 Bubba.

Soil is like a foreign language to me as far as the mixes. Hydro is more my style, so I'll just nod and smile at your amendments. ;)

Hey everyone, check out my new grow 3.0... in my signature... I am going Gas Lamp Routine, Scrog, High Brix method/hybrid, and decided to run with 5 strains...

Platinum Bubba
Silverback OG
Holy Grail OG
Sour Bubble
Blackberry Kush...

I invite you all to come join for round three...lots to learn!!!

Thank you to everyone who made this journal a success!!!! Moderators please move this to completed journals, thank you!!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Icemud love the strains you are considering. The (2) most intriguing to me are the Tahoe OG, and the Pre-98 Bubba.

Soil is like a foreign language to me as far as the mixes. Hydro is more my style, so I'll just nod and smile at your amendments. ;)

Its all good Xlr8...glad to have ya along anyways...thats how I feel when I jump into a hydro forum or journal...like reading ancient mayan or somthing...lol I will eventually expand my horizons to know it all though... LOL Thanks xlr8!!

Great job Icemud! Although I haven't made many posts on 420mag, I have read a bunch of the grow journals. I love reading and learning about this wonderful plant and I'm so happy I found this site. I only wish I could go back in time when I first tried my very first grow. Oh how things would be so different right now. But that's water under the bridge and I see the light ahead is going to be oh so bright! Now I can just keep reading,learning and meet great people who have the same interests as me. Hopefully soon I can start posting my own grow journals and they can be as informative as yours have been for me. Thanks for sharing your time with us, I wish you continued success in the future with your Organic grows. i haven't tried organic as of yet but will eventually! Take care and great job!

:peace: SS

Back
Top Bottom