Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

Hey CanEyeBus,

I have been following Ice for about 5 years now, his journal is the first that I stumbled upon at 420 and he not only inspired me but I simply adore him as well.....he rocks, doesn't he?????

Oh Shawnee, you sure do know how to make a grown man blush...LOL ur too kind :) such a sweetheart :)

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

I am so with you on the cannabis testing, Ice....can't be too careful with what we are ingesting...that's why I'm a Doc Bud grower....it fits in with my philosophy....cheers, Ice :circle-of-love:

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

With all that is going on in politics, and the uncertainty of the direction of federal cannabis enforcement, along with AG Jeff Sessions comments about enforcing federal law, as well as this week Sean Spicers comments on the probability of enforcement... I encourage each and every one of you to write you local government officials and push this bill through..... Protect state voter rights!!!

HB 975

H.R.975 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

115th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 975

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 7, 2017

Mr. Rohrabacher (for himself, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Young of Alaska, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Yoho, Mr. Blumenauer, Mr. McClintock, Ms. Titus, Mr. Hunter, Mr. Polis, Mr. Amash, Ms. Lee, and Mr. Massie) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
A BILL

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017”.

SEC. 2. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

Part G of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following:

“SEC. 710. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

“Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the provisions of this subchapter related to marihuana shall not apply to any person acting in compliance with State laws relating to the production, possession, distribution, dispensation, administration, or delivery of marihuana.”.

Oh Shawnee, you sure do know how to make a grown man blush...LOL ur too kind :) such a sweetheart :)

No brag just fact, Ice....on a more serious note, you are right about Jeff Sessions.....time to become an activist if you aren't already....I have been for decades, so I am ready....

No brag just fact, Ice....on a more serious note, you are right about Jeff Sessions.....time to become an activist if you aren't already....I have been for decades, so I am ready....

Yea I do what I can..... I don't think that much will happen because overall the whole campaign of Trump was about jobs, American business and growing the economy, and since marijuana is one of the fastest growing industries we have ever seen, I just can't imagine he would reverse the progress of regulated states. Also Trump has publicly said he believes it should be a state matter so I think we have good things ahead... but its really up to us to pressure our lawmakers to make the law... as Sessions stated he will enforce the laws on the books, and if we want them changed we need to change them... hes right! The HB 975 that I posted in my previous post does just that and protects state voters rights... and it was written by Dana Rohrbacker who also was responsible for the Rohrbacker-Farr amendment which restricted funding of raids on legal medical marijuana businesses as long as they were abiding by state regulations. The Rohrbacker-Farr amendment needs to be passed again with the budget in late spring, so its very important we push this issue too.

I know the AG of Washington state lashed out on Twitter after Sean Spicers comments... it was classic too!

He said
"To be very clear to AG Sessions that I will defend the will of Washington voters. My office will use ever tool at our disposal to ensure the Federal Government does not undermine Washingtons successful, unified system for recreational and medical marijuana"
Mic drop......

Hey CanEyeBus,

I have been following Ice for about 5 years now, his journal is the first that I stumbled upon at 420 and he not only inspired me but I simply adore him as well.....he rocks, doesn't he?????

Indeed he does.

Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

Old(ish) posts, but I'm playing catch-up. I've still got a week to go... For the month of February ;) .

Its part of the reason I started to grow my own as I met many "commercial" growers back then that sprayed Eagle 20 on their crops (myclobutinol) which when heated turns into hydrogen cyanide. I brought this up to the growers and they didn't even care.... like patients and end users were not important which pissed me off, but also made me start growing my own.

Scary, but it does help show how common unpure cannabis in the marketplace is - and why testing is important.

I basically see the industry as we know it completely going corporate, most of the top shelf strains and buds will stay under lock and key and we will see an abundance of commercially produced weed flood the market, driving prices down, and pretty much putting most people out of business unless they have something special.

It's a shame it can't be more like the restaurant industry. Even in my little city, there are high-dollar places where people dress up and spend way too much money to (eventually) be served very small meals on great big plates. And we also have the various "classes" of chain joints - high-priced, just a little too expensive, and almost reasonable (lol). A mixture of corporate and local owners - all living well, with some managing to excel at it. Then there are the diners, places you go when you need a lot of decent food for four people but still want to be able to avoid using a credit card when you do the grocery shopping later in the week. And then there's the hot dog shop that'll still sell you a hot dog or two for a dollar if you look hungry enough when you walk in (and you offer to run their trash out to the dumpster when they're too jammed up to stand still for a minute), lol.

All inspected and regulated. No laws/regulations have been - or appear to have been - enacted in such a way as to enable a small number of corporate entities to corner the general restaurant market. You'll find different things at the various places. Some ultra-common items (soft drinks, for example) are undoubtedly identical, some common items have been prepared in such a way as to differ from place to place, and most places will have some (more or less) unique items. The more common items... I assume the competition is in things such as location (safety/cleanliness/convenience to the individual customer), how close it is to the standard (or, if the person prefers their "standard" to be slightly non-standard, which place prepares it that way), staff courtesy / ability / knowledge about the menu items - and, of course, price. The expensive items at the expensive places aren't always good, and some of the cheaper items at the cheaper ones can be quite good. The chain restaurants might not be - or serve - anything special, but they're handy when you're traveling and want something that you know will be the same as what you could get in your own town. Or, lol, I suppose the traveler could believe that a place will probably be good because the lot is packed with truck drivers - not realizing that the majority of the reason that a few places seem to get all the trucker business is that they drive 14' tall vehicles that weigh up to (and sometimes well-above :rolleyes3 ) 80,000 pounds and include (up to) 53' trailers... which greatly cuts down on their choices, even assuming that they know where the better places to eat in a given location are.

Yeah, why can't the cannabis industry be more like that? It's not a perfect model, but it works and a relatively large percentage of people can afford to go eat somewhere at least once per month. I look at a lot of reported dispensary prices and I wonder HtH the average working person can afford to shop there, even occasionally. Or I assume that they're only consuming for holidays and special occasions instead of daily or even weekends. And people who've gotten their medicinal-use cards / recommendations in order to help them deal with serious issues are often not even working (and may have high medical expenses in general) - and I'd expect them to be using at much higher rates, so that makes it worse. IDK, too many people trying to get rich, I suppose - along with a consumer base that is willing to support them in that goal....

Back
Top Bottom