Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

If and when I have kids... and they have kids... LOL...

Definitely would like to have children, finally getting to that point of life and maturity where now it would be a blessing :), just gotta find the lucky lady :) lol

Yea I definitely want to leave these strains to someone in the long distant future that really will love them like I love them. I guess I better start hitting the dating market soon to make that a reality... LOL. I've been a bachelor so long, I don't even remember the last time I even went on a date let alone dated someone...lol.
Lol There's always time for love.
If you enjoy your work/hobbies and have a solid foundation it just takes a little reaching out. Love works best when two are brought together by similar interests. People are interesting now days, being born in the 90s I look around at people 10-15 years older than me and think "Damn, Y'all got some cool shit going on."

There's always the "IceMud International Seed Bank"

Keep up the great work Ice! :thumb:

Oddly enough, I've found that when you're deeply into your own thing, not paying attention to people around you, they get interested in what you're so deeply into, and they wish they knew you better.

It's a friggin chick magnet. :slide:

I said the same thing in my head, except it was "damn, ive got underwear older than that!" Lol! And no, obviously not single.

You all made me laugh my a$$ off this morning reading these comments! Thanks all!!!

Speaking of planting seeds, I will be starting to deseed my plants this weekend, and although I don't imagine that I will finish with all of them, I might. As soon as I am done I will give a final "deep chunk report" based on smells and terps and such.

I did give a small nug of the deep chunk to a buddy of mine who also is a weed enthusiast and past grower. Wow the terps on the deep chunk are really interesting... It definitely has an old world kush smell to it, like a pungent, skunky, kush, mixed with a funky armpit and a hint of some fruit in the backend... Very very interesting smell and almost to the point of being repulsive or offensively good.

Once I clean out the plants, I will have to completely soak down and wipe down everything in the tent as the pollen really was flying from those deep chunk stud males, more than I have ever seen. I also will be replacing my carbon scrubber because, well, its defintely not working anymore which was apparent on the last bloom cycle. I have to say these Can-Lite filters are awesome, and I think I got about 3 years use out of this one. I definitely will be buying another one.

Also will be picking up a bag of some new soil to blend into the older soil. Since I really have only gotten about 1-2 uses out of the soil I think I can manage to run it 1 more time before dumping it, but may also just go fresh again too.

Also once I move over my sour grapes, then its seed poppin time, and I think I will be running that PTK from CSI, but have so many other good seeds, too, may change my mind.

Well everyone! Happy friday! Thanks for the uplifting vibe this morning, your comments were all awesome!!!

Three Queens sounds fire!

Right! I have been looking for a nice lemon, pine, with some fuel for awhile now. That may be the ticket! Either that or get some of their (CSI Humboldt's) Chem, or try Pine Tar Kush like you and brother Icemud. Got one one called Pine-Sol right now from an IG guy who says its a tasty sativa leaning hybrid thats very tasty. Man, i got go get growing! :)
Sparks out!

Keep looking at the OG and Chem types for the lemon, pine, fuel terps. Shouldn't be hard to find, I still have 4 or 5 seeds of 79 Xmas Bud to run and hope for a decent male and female.

So, Brother Ice, I was doing some additional research on the Hazeman Pine Tar Kush and followed a link to another forum where some "old timer" going by "EastCoastJoe" was in a recent conversation (more like an argument!) and claims that HE personally gave Hazeman the '79 X'Mas Bud mis-labelled as PTK; and he did it on purpose (allegedly!) because he was pissed that Hazeman had screwed over a friend of his by working a strain he wasn't supposed to.

This EastCoastJoe guy claims to have thousands of true X'Mas bud seeds (at least, that's how he claims they were labelled when he received them) and he gives them all away for free to friends, these days.

Anyways, his story did sound legit, although you never know what to believe on the web. It does really sound like those Hazeman PTK's are the real deal on the '79 Xmas Bud! :thumb:

The original east coast grower who grew Xmas Bud was getting older with health problems. That's why it disappeared for a number of years. He eventually gave his seed stock to a guy called NdN Guy with the provision that ndn would open pollinate the original stock and give it to the community free of charge. The people ndn gave it to also had to promise to give it away. CSI: Humboldt gives the unworked Xmas Bud away as freebies. He does have an IBL he's worked and charges for it. I think I still have 7 unworked Xmas Bud in my stash.

I think CSI Humboldt also has Pine Tar Kush ibl in stock still

They do :) I ordered a bunch of them... I think there are still packs left on their website. They did an open pollenation with like 100 females and like 50 males of pine tar kush to make this batch of seeds. (the numbers may be off but I think it was around those figures.)

I definitely will be popping those very soon :)

So, Brother Ice, I was doing some additional research on the Hazeman Pine Tar Kush and followed a link to another forum where some "old timer" going by "EastCoastJoe" was in a recent conversation (more like an argument!) and claims that HE personally gave Hazeman the '79 X'Mas Bud mis-labelled as PTK; and he did it on purpose (allegedly!) because he was pissed that Hazeman had screwed over a friend of his by working a strain he wasn't supposed to.

This EastCoastJoe guy claims to have thousands of true X'Mas bud seeds (at least, that's how he claims they were labelled when he received them) and he gives them all away for free to friends, these days.

Anyways, his story did sound legit, although you never know what to believe on the web. It does really sound like those Hazeman PTK's are the real deal on the '79 Xmas Bud! :thumb:

I've actually spoken to Joe on Instagranm, about the Hazeman Pine Tar Kush being Xmas Bud. Actually he approached me after I posted my Xmas Bud project photos and was tagging them with both "pine tar kush" and also "79xmasbud" and he asked me why I was calling them "pine tar kush". I told him it was because I wasn't part of the "story" behind the PTK/Xmas Bud thing, so although I was fairly certain that it was xmas bud, being the internet, I didn't know with 100% certainty, and I asked him if he was the same "joe" that the Xmas bud came from. He told me that yes he was the same Joe, and that Hazemans Pine Tar Kush are 100% 79 Xmasbud.

Therefor straight from the sources mouth (or rather fingers via typing), it was confirmed that hazeman's PTK is actually 79 Xmas Bud. I also confirmed this with CSI who also has traced the story's roots :)

CSI Humboldt actually has both Pine Tar Kush (Tom Hills) and 79 Xmas Bud and I believe they are both available still through the website.

The original east coast grower who grew Xmas Bud was getting older with health problems. That's why it disappeared for a number of years. He eventually gave his seed stock to a guy called NdN Guy with the provision that ndn would open pollinate the original stock and give it to the community free of charge. The people ndn gave it to also had to promise to give it away. CSI: Humboldt gives the unworked Xmas Bud away as freebies. He does have an IBL he's worked and charges for it. I think I still have 7 unworked Xmas Bud in my stash.

Interesting. I never heard the story part before NDNguy got it.... Nice share!!! Makes sense that it would have been an east coast thing, as when I originally posted in the "christmas bud thread" on 420 mag as well as a few other forums, many people from the midwest, and eastcoast had heard of it, but not many people west of the mississippi river.... so I figured it was either a canadian source or somewhere in the midwest or east coast. Thanks for adding to the history of this strain!

Back
Top Bottom