Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy OG

Hey everyone, Im back with a new journal with some new cuts that I am running. Lets start this off official with the introduction to the grow.

What strain is it?
Black Cherry Cola: not exactly sure what the genetics are but found this on one website "Airborne G13 X Ortega x C99 x Blackberry x Cherry AK-47 — 20% Indica/80% Sativa"

GDP: Supposedly Big Bud x Purple Eurkle, this is one of my favorite strains. I am excited to have 2 of them :) Definitely going to have to keep them around for a while.

Harlequin: A High CBD strain that gives about a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD, great for the medicinal effects without a full blown high. About a 75%/25% sative/indica and typically produces 4-6% CBD or higher :) I couldn't find the details on the genetics but the sativa side is supposedly from a columbian gold and a strain from switzerland and the indica side from a Nepal strain.

Purple Dragon: Purple Urkle x Blue dragon (Sour Diesel x Blueberry)

Green Candy OG: Green Cr@ck x Candy Kush (OG x Trainwreck)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Newly transplanted clones I received from a local clone dispensary.

If in Veg... For how long?
I will be running the Gas Lantern Routine for veg with a 144x3w Top Led in my veg tent. They will veg for about 2 months before getting transplanted and placed into my flowering tent with my v-scrog. Topping and supercropping will be done to force multiple tops in prep for the v-scrog.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor using a 2x4 hydrohut silver edition, one for veg, one for flowering. Each tent is equipped with a carbons scrubber, fan and lights by Top LED. The veg tent consists of 1x 144x3w reflector series running the GLR on veg only setting. My flower tent consists of 3x Mars II 80x5w LEDs with a v-scrog screen.

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?

I am running the soil from my last grow, mixed with about 20% new soil that has cooked for a few months. Both were amended at the same time with the following amendments. Upon re-use, I did not add anything to the mix.

The Base Soil Mix:
Each of these equaled about 2 1/2 (2gallon) pots.
So a total of 5 pots of premixed soil was used
8 (2gallon pots) of ProMix HP
2 (2 gallon pots) of FF Ocean Forest
2 1/2 (2gal pots) of Worm Castings
1 1/2 (2gal pot) of Volcanic Pumice
2 (2gal pot) of Alaskan Forest Humus

The Amendments: Make up 15% of my total soil mix

1 1/2 Cup of Azomite (trace minerals and micronutrients)
4 Cups of Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
3 1/2 Cups of Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
1 1/3 Cups of Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
2 Cups of Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
1 1/2 Cups of Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
1 1/2 Cups of Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
2 Cups of Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium
2 Cups of Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
1 Cup of Alfalfa Meal. (2-0-3) (contains Trichontinol which aids in plant growth and health)
1/2 Cup of Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
1/2 Cup of Humboldt Myco's Maximum (Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrizae Fungus)
1/2 cup of Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)
1/3 Cup of Greensand (0-0-3) (Trace Minerals)
1/2 Cup of Dry Molasses (1-0-3) (Energy for the Microbes)

If soil... What size pot?
3 gallon round plastic for veg, before flowering transplant into 5 gallon plastic square pots.

Size of light?
Answered above:
Veg: Top Led 144x3w reflector series
Flowering 3x Mars II 80x5w LED

Is it aircooled?

The tent is yes, the lights are vented

Temp of Room/cab?

Ranges between 64F-75F in Veg Tent
Between 73-82F in Flowering Tent

RH of Room/cab?

Generally between 40-50%, humidifiers are available if it dips with offshore breezes here in Socal.

PH of media or res?

I don't check it, its soil.

Any Pests ?

Not any currently, I use Spinosad, SNS and other preventative measures to keep it that way :)

How often are you watering?
Young vegging plants about 1x every week and a half
larger Vegging plants about 1x per week
flowering plants early flowering about 1x per week
flowering late about 1x every 4 days.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using foliar products including Bloomit, Amaze and PGR.
I also will be using Tand J enterprizes tea and bio minerals
about 1x per month I will be giving a soil drench of earthjuice

Other nutrients on hand include and may be used:
occasional additive include advanced nutrients: carboload, organic b, fulvic acid
occasional additives include general organics: bioweed, cal/mag, hydrolyzed squid, florablend tea, bioroot
bonide liquid fish 2-4-0...love this stuff!
SNS pest products for prevention
Spinosad by bonide

I am too tired to update with photo's tonight so tomorrow I promise I will get some photos up and more about the grow.

Welcome everyone!

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

Cas is here seeking a peep every other week to see the Harlequin and purple dragon. You grow from ordered seeds or dispensary clones? Im in NY so no dispensarys YET. I give it a year or two maybe even recteational here 89 % of population here want it legal so will see soon

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

Cas is here seeking a peep every other week to see the Harlequin and purple dragon. You grow from ordered seeds or dispensary clones? Im in NY so no dispensarys YET. I give it a year or two maybe even recteational here 89 % of population here want it legal so will see soon

Pretty much all of my grows have been from clones, either clones I got from local sources, or clones I have taken from my own plants. Haven't really needed to grow by seed because of the availability of the clones, however I do plan on making my own seeds in the very near future :)

One grow my fans blew and temps were over 100 for like 10 days. The clones hermed and i split them up and have feminized seeds.

Hey Everyone. AS promised I wanted to snap some photos and share with you so far what has been going on in the past week since I received the clones.

Here are the pics from the day I received them and transplanted them into their new homes. (3 gallon plastic pots)
DSC083581.JPG
DSC083591.JPG
DSC083601.JPG
DSC08361.JPG
DSC08362.JPG
DSC08363.JPG
DSC08364.JPG

The clones were very well rooted, some were in rockwool cubes and some were in soil pouch type things, all with very healthy roots showing. Even the little guys had a very good developed root base on them. The leaves though looked like they had slight nutrient stress but so far seem to be inproving in color and vigor, as well as most of them now are showing signs of new growth. The GDP's are taking off, so far way ahead of the others, but they also were taller, more pronounced clones where the others seemed like they might have been part of a reveg or something or a heavily cloned mother because the stems were more woody looking then the others.

The soil they were transplanted into was from my last grow, mixed with about 20% un-used soil (same mixtures, just one cooked for a few months, the other hosted my last plants). As far as waterings I have only watered them once since when they were transplanted which was the day of transplant. I plan on feeding them again in 2 days and tonight I will be getting a nice T and J tea going with biominerals.

I have given them 2 foliar sprays so far, one was of the amaze and PGR spray, and the other was a T and J tea that I had going for my other tent in my other journal.

Here are what the clones looked like today...

DSC084352.JPG
DSC084361.JPG
DSC08437.JPG
DSC08438.JPG
DSC084392.JPG
DSC084401.JPG

Here is a pic of my other OGiesel that I am not sure what I am going to do with yet. I want to keep the genetics alive so I may just veg it out some more until I figure out a place for a 3rd tent so I can use it for clones and breeding. Definitely a very dank strain that will stay in my garden for a while!

DSC084412.JPG
DSC08442.JPG

subbed

Happy Thurweed day Ice :thumb:

The little clones are looking great. Nice and happy in their new home. Do you ever come across poor stock when buying clones? I mean, any come with pests etc already in the medium?

I am not for certain in the past that cones have brought home pests, but there has been a few instances where I got clones, and all of a sudden I had spider mites. This happened more when I didn't know what to look for and didn't inspect the clones first. This time I brought my 30x lupe and looked at all the plants for pests, pest feces and pest damage, saw none so I was pretty happy. I also now spray my clones as soon as I get them home with different sprays to prevent any eggs or any pests from coming into my grow area undetected.

Icemud, question please. How high off the young plants tips are your lights? I understand its light & manufacturer specific.

My reflector series is about 18" away from my clones, about 10" away from my larger Ogiesel. I didn't follow any instructions, I just lowered it and watched the plants :)

Subbed, great soil mix!

So far so good, it is a little hot for the young clones, but I think they will be ok :) The same soil right now in my flowering tent with foliar sprays is giving brix readings of betweeen 12 and 23 between my strains :)

23, huh? Amazing. You could release spider mites, thrips, and root aphids in your garden, for "fun".
I've been reading a lot on brix levels, aside from the pest resistance, I'm curious about taste and smell of the finished high brix weed.
What have you experienced from achieving these high brix results?

I can remember reading a doc bud thread where he described the bud as very smelly but then tasting like steam.

Back
Top Bottom