Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy OG

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

23, huh? Amazing. You could release spider mites, thrips, and root aphids in your garden, for "fun".
I've been reading a lot on brix levels, aside from the pest resistance, I'm curious about taste and smell of the finished high brix weed.
What have you experienced from achieving these high brix results?

I can remember reading a doc bud thread where he described the bud as very smelly but then tasting like steam.

LOL, yea it would be an interesting experiment with introducing pests, but I also don't know if the high brix thing and pests is entirely true. I read that with Higher brix crops, it makes the insects eat the lower brix weeds and other vegatation in the area, but my question is, if MJ plants are the only vegatation, will the bugs still stay.

I had some 23+ plants going a while back and they first were hit with PM, and I think this weakened the plants, and then they got destroyed by thrips...I do want to point out that the thrips did attack the lower brix plants first, and left the higher ones for last, but overall they did get to all of my plants (except my blackberry kush which was immune to pm and also thrips)
So I don't know if pests will completely stay away or high brix is just a turn off on there pallet, but for now I will just continue to keep it pest free :) They seem to like the bud as much as I do :)

As far as high brix taste, yes it is very different. The taste is far more complex, almost like a good wine where different flavors are apparent at different times. The smoke itself from high brix weed is very smooth and yes, Doc is spot on when he said it tastes like a steam, like a very good flavored steam that makes you just want to smile after the exhale because it is so enjoyable. Also how Doc says the high brix brings out more Sativa type traits, this is also true. The high is much clearer, and the more you smoke, the better you feel and the high is just that much better :) I definitely like growing high brix MJ, or at least attempting to :)

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

I really wanna try some. I'm the only one in my growing circle even researching HB though. Guys here are convincing me to shoot for HB on at least one plant In my current grow.

One more question if u don't mind..
Re: folliars, You think they are absolutely necessary to achieve the HB results? If I was to buy foliar products what would you recommend?
I have quite a nice mix of organics products here. And am willing to purchase new stuff whenever it makes sense.

Thanks Icemud, appreciate your time

I really wanna try some. I'm the only one in my growing circle even researching HB though. Guys here are convincing me to shoot for HB on at least one plant In my current grow.

One more question if u don't mind..
Re: folliars, You think they are absolutely necessary to achieve the HB results? If I was to buy foliar products what would you recommend?
I have quite a nice mix of organics products here. And am willing to purchase new stuff whenever it makes sense.

Thanks Icemud, appreciate your time

Yes, for High Brix foliars are a necessity. By feeding the plant the right things at the leaves, it basically is like adding a supercharger to a finely tuned engine. It speeds up the process, and delivers the right things to the plants where they are needed as well as let the plant excrete more things for the microbes in the soil to use as energy, which speeds up the supply of nutrients and minerals to the roots. For high brix, foliar is a must.

Your best bet is DocBuds kit, which I think also comes with foliar sprays... you would have to ask him though because I have never used it, however, everyone who has used it has amazing results. If you are trying to go your own route to high brix, then compost teas are great foliar sprays and I would highly recommend T and J enterprises products. Also I can't put the name of the lab here, but if you look up the sprays PGR, Amaze, and Bloomit, these are also foliar sprays that I use and so far the results are excellent :) Other things I have used and I have read to raise brix levels are kelp/seaweed extract or meal, a dilluted milk/water (calcium triphosphate), and fish emulsion or hydrolyzed fish. From what I have gathered over time, you want a ratio of a 1-4-1 or derrivative of it, like my foliar spray is 4-16-4 and you also want to have a 7:1 or higher calcium to mag ratio. Also N must be present, but in lower amounts because it help the transloction of other elements like P get into the plants more efficiently. You also want trace elements and this is where the seaweed comes into play. The T and J tea I use is also in very similar ratio with a 2-4-.5 ratio or something close, with 7% calcium and .5% MG. From what I have gathered, this seems to be the right approach. You also want to use a sticker/spreader/wetting agent like yucca extract or Dr. Bronners organic Soap which has saponins that allow the plants to more readilly accept the foliar sprays.

As a reminder though, your soil has to be right in order for the foliar sprays to work their magic so for the most direct route and most tested route to high brix, I would recommend DocBud's kit. I typically don't recommend things I haven't personally used, but DocBud knows his stuff very very well, and the kit has been used dozens of times with success :) With high brix, think about it like a roadtrip from NY to CA. DocBuds kit is like GPS to the location, where as the other approaches are like early gold prospectors. All routes will eventually get you close if not there, but DocBuds is the surest, most accurate way to achieve good results without question.

Yes, for High Brix foliars are a necessity. By feeding the plant the right things at the leaves, it basically is like adding a supercharger to a finely tuned engine. It speeds up the process, and delivers the right things to the plants where they are needed as well as let the plant excrete more things for the microbes in the soil to use as energy, which speeds up the supply of nutrients and minerals to the roots. For high brix, foliar is a must.

Your best bet is DocBuds kit, which I think also comes with foliar sprays... you would have to ask him though because I have never used it, however, everyone who has used it has amazing results. If you are trying to go your own route to high brix, then compost teas are great foliar sprays and I would highly recommend T and J enterprises products. Also I can't put the name of the lab here, but if you look up the sprays PGR, Amaze, and Bloomit, these are also foliar sprays that I use and so far the results are excellent :) Other things I have used and I have read to raise brix levels are kelp/seaweed extract or meal, a dilluted milk/water (calcium triphosphate), and fish emulsion or hydrolyzed fish. From what I have gathered over time, you want a ratio of a 1-4-1 or derrivative of it, like my foliar spray is 4-16-4 and you also want to have a 7:1 or higher calcium to mag ratio. Also N must be present, but in lower amounts because it help the transloction of other elements like P get into the plants more efficiently. You also want trace elements and this is where the seaweed comes into play. The T and J tea I use is also in very similar ratio with a 2-4-.5 ratio or something close, with 7% calcium and .5% MG. From what I have gathered, this seems to be the right approach. You also want to use a sticker/spreader/wetting agent like yucca extract or Dr. Bronners organic Soap which has saponins that allow the plants to more readilly accept the foliar sprays.

As a reminder though, your soil has to be right in order for the foliar sprays to work their magic so for the most direct route and most tested route to high brix, I would recommend DocBud's kit. I typically don't recommend things I haven't personally used, but DocBud knows his stuff very very well, and the kit has been used dozens of times with success :) With high brix, think about it like a roadtrip from NY to CA. DocBuds kit is like GPS to the location, where as the other approaches are like early gold prospectors. All routes will eventually get you close if not there, but DocBuds is the surest, most accurate way to achieve good results without question.

Awesome summary!

Ty, I'm reading up some more now

Check your PM's, I just sent you a ton of info that I saved regarding High brix..

I had some fungus gnats when I used the t&j products if I forgot to use the Yucca extract. I haven't seen a bug in my grow since I started using Doc's kit. It's been over a year now. I totally agree with Ice, if you want to find your own path, t&j is a good place to start. I used that stuff too, its fantastic. The kit can be replicated over and over with pretty much the same results, given the directions were followed. T&J is my 2nd choice in this methodology and does grow some fantastic meds. Its fantastic outside!!! I used it the first year on a new rose bush, man that plant is awesome now.

Ice has had some fantastic grows finding his way, still does as a matter of fact. His grows are amazing on just research and trial and error. I cheated and used the kit. All paths lead to Rome, some are just shorter than others :)

Hey Ice Chronic Weekend to ya Man :high-five:

Subscribed

Welcome KingJohnC!!! Glad to have ya aboard!!!! Grab a comfy seat, some greens and enjoy the show :)

How long do you veg and flower ? Everyone does different methods indoors. Do you also do dark days at end of grow after a flush?

I had some fungus gnats when I used the t&j products if I forgot to use the Yucca extract. I haven't seen a bug in my grow since I started using Doc's kit. It's been over a year now. I totally agree with Ice, if you want to find your own path, t&j is a good place to start. I used that stuff too, its fantastic. The kit can be replicated over and over with pretty much the same results, given the directions were followed. T&J is my 2nd choice in this methodology and does grow some fantastic meds. Its fantastic outside!!! I used it the first year on a new rose bush, man that plant is awesome now.

Ice has had some fantastic grows finding his way, still does as a matter of fact. His grows are amazing on just research and trial and error. I cheated and used the kit. All paths lead to Rome, some are just shorter than others :)

When I first started out I had fungus gnat issues up the wazoo, for I think my first 2 grows, but once I started getting into the mineralized soil, they seemed to "bug out!" lol. I hated those motherbuggers with a passion but haven't had any problems with them since switching to the promix base with mineralized additives. Thrips and spidermites did find me a few grows back but now have the perfect solution...Spinosad! LOL the stuff works amazing and I've heard the horror stories of getting rid of spidermites, but after using that stuff, never again had any issues :) I love the T and J tea, it rocks and really takes the guesswork out of mixing tons of bottles, dump in a few spoonfuls of this, and that and bubble for 2 days :) easy as cake :) well not baking one but eating one :) lol I have to say with the T and J and the PGR/Amaze combo, My plants haven't looked heathier! and its on 2nd generation soil, well 80% 2nd generation soil :)

I really appreciate the kind words Curso! You definitely are one that I have followed through this high brix path and learned a ton from as well!

How long do you veg and flower ? Everyone does different methods indoors. Do you also do dark days at end of grow after a flush?

I veg with the scrog until the screen is full, I don't really count veg days anymore. Usually it seems to be around 2 months though with clones rooting and such about 3 total. Flowering I usually run them at least 65 to 70 days from the flip, but some I have ran as long as 100 days. I judge the plants based on their trichome color, calyx swelling and pistil color change and retraction, as well as watch for when it starts shooting out clusters of white pistils.

I have done the dark thing right before harvest, but since I always have a tent full of different strains, it is usually just the last remaining plant that gets the dark... Does it help...??? I really don't know, it seems to increase the trichomes slightly, but it may just be the placebo effect as well. I don't really flush since I grow in organic/natural soil there really isn't a need. I do however cut any N feedings a few weeks before harvest as well as cut any feedings of nutrients down to very low amounts, but never just plain water. Mostly compost teas towards the end of the cycle.

When I first started out I had fungus gnat issues up the wazoo, for I think my first 2 grows, but once I started getting into the mineralized soil, they seemed to "bug out!" lol. I hated those motherbuggers with a passion but haven't had any problems with them since switching to the promix base with mineralized additives. Thrips and spidermites did find me a few grows back but now have the perfect solution...Spinosad! LOL the stuff works amazing and I've heard the horror stories of getting rid of spidermites, but after using that stuff, never again had any issues :) I love the T and J tea, it rocks and really takes the guesswork out of mixing tons of bottles, dump in a few spoonfuls of this, and that and bubble for 2 days :) easy as cake :) well not baking one but eating one :) lol I have to say with the T and J and the PGR/Amaze combo, My plants haven't looked heathier! and its on 2nd generation soil, well 80% 2nd generation soil :)

I really appreciate the kind words Curso! You definitely are one that I have followed through this high brix path and learned a ton from as well!

That biominerals stuff stinks...lol

We are brothers in this in a sense Ice. There are a few of us who matured as growers together using this method we all know who we are :)

Icemud,

..and Curso, your studies of Professor Buds research have resulted in amazing produce! Doc Bud should write a book in his spare time...
Muwahahahah!
I know he is very busy..
The improvements seen from a year ago to todays results are incredible, and last years grows were excellent too. Thank you forpaying it forward to all that are in Life University.

Icemud,

..and Curso, your studies of Professor Buds research have resulted in amazing produce! Doc Bud should write a book in his spare time...
Muwahahahah!
I know he is very busy..
The improvements seen from a year ago to todays results are incredible, and last years grows were excellent too. Thank you forpaying it forward to all that are in Life University.
Thanks for the kind words man. We've all taken our path and shared it, the smart people read all the information, take it all in, then apply it to the best they can with their space. I love watching Ice apply method on a Vscrog. Is amazing to watch that screen fill. His journals are always well though out and extreamly informative. I cant wait to see these new strains make it to the screen.

Thanks for the kind words man. We've all taken our path and shared it, the smart people read all the information, take it all in, then apply it to the best they can with their space. I love watching Ice apply method on a Vscrog. Is amazing to watch that screen fill. His journals are always well though out and extreamly informative. I cant wait to see these new strains make it to the screen.

I'm going to have to hit you guys up for more info on high brix. I have read a lot and it all sounds interesting. I have only done hydro so it would all be new to me. The tea and foilar sprays sound almost intimidating. I like the sounds of more intense flavors.

That biominerals stuff stinks...lol

We are brothers in this in a sense Ice. There are a few of us who matured as growers together using this method we all know who we are :)

I have to say, Biominerals is by far the worst smelling thing I have for growing, its horrid! But works so well!! Its worse than my hydrolyzed squid which is pretty bad!! LOL

Icemud,

Muwahahahah!
I know he is very busy..

Thank you so much Dr Ziggy! That means a lot, its been a struggle getting things go go right and to finally be happy with the end result and I think I finally am really close :) I love 420 Magazine and the members here, I wouldn't be growing even close to as good without all of you!!

Great Skunkday To you Ice :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom