Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy OG

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

Thanks Icemud, I've been growing outdoors 20 plus years. Chook manure, mushroom compost, feed em fish fertiliser and potash once flowering, that's me. Always got nice plants. But I'm now on 420 all the time, got some led panels, and more coming (thanks danky) and looking into super soil to raise brix levels in my plants. I have lawn clippings that have been broken down, been keeping them in a pile for couple of years, black beautiful soil. Wondering if this could be used as my base soil for indoors and use your amendments or would there be to
many pests in there? Everything seems a bit more fickle and sensitive growing indoors. Outdoors I might not see them for three weeks, but never had some of the deficiency's that I see indoor growers run into. And I'm a stress head, something enjoyable could do me in if I got them, lol.
Theres a company where I live that make compost teas, bottled, dormant microbes that awaken once a feed is added. Four months in a bottle it will last, 10years this companys been researching this. There an earth worm castings company, in Australia. So there's good brix company's that I could use their products. Basically I want to know if I'm going right direction or should I not waste my time and just buy pro mix type soil and amend that? Man I don't know what I've written but I hope I've given you something to answer me with, just home from work, now stoned, peace man!!

Dang, you have like 10 times the experience as me!! LOL I know where to come for answers when I get some land and need help growing monsters :)

I am going to PM you a bunch of links that I found helpful in my researching of high brix that I think you will find helpful too.

So if you want to go high brix with it... find out if you can get weak acid soil tests done with your soil. For high brix you want a pretty stripped soil to start with and you want to build it according to lab recommendations. The reason for this is all the minerals and organic materials and salts and all create basically a battery out of your soil. Certain ratios of these minerals operate fluently together when mixed in the right ratios and soil microbiology thrives. Generally you want a soil with very low K, low P and N, High Ca, and lots of trace minerals. Now it gets more complex than this, and thats where the labs come into place. The reason you want to start with a stripped down soil and build it is because if you get too much of one thing or another, then high brix results are not achievable. Think of growing like the engine of the car, when the car is finely tuned, fuel/air ratios and compression are right, then the plant/car runs like a dream. When one of the components of the engine is off or fails (nutrient ratios off) then the engine will not work properly.. When the engine is finely tuned, by adding in the right combinations of foliar sprays with the right ingredients, its like adding a supercharger to that finely tuned engine.. It enhances the capabilities of that engine (the plant).

So for proper high brix growing, that is the process you want to start with. Now can I suggest what to add and what not to add, not really, but the lab guys can. This is why I recommended Docbud's kit because he found that Promix HP has pretty much the right ratios of all the nutrients and minerals which allows the addition of amendments that were calculated by the lab and docbud to get the soil to be that finely tuned engine :)

This is why I can not say yes, use the soil you have or no, don't, because it would be a complete guess on my part and yours without a "roadmap" or soiltest done. With that being said, there are things you can do that we have found out to help increase brix of a plant, but just alone will not take the plant into the high brix realm, without the proper soil.
---------------------------------
We have found that adding a 6-5-3 ratio of calcium carbonate, soft rock phosphate, and gypsum can help increase soil energy and help increase brix.

Compost teas are known for helping to improve soil health, as well as help raise brix levels as long as they are in the right ratios as well.. I have been using a great product by T and J enterprises and a few other growers here also have had great success with it. Not sure if they ship to your neck of the woods but check it out and you will see what it includes..

Foliar sprays (these should be lab designed for the purpose of high brix) generally they consist of lots of calcium, high phosporus, and micronutrients, plus a chelation aid like humic/fulvic acid, yucca extract or other products that act as sticker/spreaders with saponins.

These are the things so far that can help raise brix value of a grow slightly, but if the soil is not right, it really won't do a whole lot to the brix level. It may raise it slightly, but not into the ranges that you want to seek when growing for high brix.
-------------------------------
When I build my soil, I did not get a test done, but I did use ProMix, and based my additives off the ratio's they recommend. Knowing that Promix HP qualified as a good base soil was the only way though that I knew where my starting point was, and what to add to achieve the blend I was seeking. Is it perfect, no, but is it getting very high brix results, you bet :)

Many of the issues that you see with indoor grows are because we are restricting the roots to small containers instead of letting them do what they do naturally. I would suggest using big pots.. depending on how big you want your plants I would go with 7 gallons or higher, I use 5's only because my growing space can't fit larger pots, but if I had a bigger area, definitely would go bigger.

Another reason that you see a lot of plants with issues indoors is that most growers (including myself) don't seek chemical analysis of their soil, and then add things without understanding the complexities of soil chemistry. I am definitely not a pro on this but you see what I am getting at.. When the soil is right and feedings are lab designed, as you see with Docbuds kit, time and time again beautiful plants, hardly any deficiencies and some of the most beautiful nugs I have seen period... When you see deficiencies many times its too small of pots/not enough soil, overloading the soil with salts/nutrients and throwing off the natural balance, underwatering/overwatering.

-----------------------------------
Worm castings are great and I do highly suggest them for your soil as an amendment. I usually use between 10-20% worm castings to my total soil mix.

Overall I would say don't feel intimidated by indoor growing and stick with what you know and what has worked for you outdoors. Try a run like that and see how it turns out. That then gives you a goal or standard as far as what that gets you. Then maybe try doing the same soil mixtures you have been using outdoors, but add the 6-5-3 to the soil with some azomite, and start using compost teas every other feeding or every 3rd feeding... I can almost bet that this will raise the bar again for you.. Growing indoors is nice too because its always sunny days, no bugs, and you control the environment completely (humidity, temps, co2, air cycling). So once you get that dialed in, with your experience, I don't think you will have any issues :)

........If you wanted to skip all the guesswork, then go with Docbuds kit...

........If you wanted to go somewhere in-between, get your base soil tested (without any additives with a weak acid soil test). Have the lab recommend to you what to add (if your soil passes) and then follow their instruction.

Outside of those options, really I would say at that point you are on your own and high brix isn't a guarantee, because it really would be how you apply the high brix concepts to what you have to work with assuming your soil is ok. (sort of what I did) :)

I hope this answers your questions sort of about high brix... I will send you the links via PM...

Re: Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy

Thanks icemud, yeah your right about the soil test, I was just hoping to get away with it as I saw you didn't get one, but as you said your using one that's already passed. I think I will get the test done and add accordingly. Thanks again man, really appreciate the info. Yourve given me lots to think about. Peace
I'd help you in any way I could, my thinking is you'd be right though, lol

you could also look under doc bud hi brix kit
Happy Weednsday Ice :thumb:

Hey everyone!!! Its getting closer until I reveal the surprise!!! I can't wait!!! I so want to announce it and share my excitement...but only a matter of days and everyone will see my surprise!!! I can't wait!!! Stay tuned....its going to be epic!

:popcorn:

Happy Sativaday Ice :thumb:

Hey everyone, Here is an update of the veg tent.......

The girls are doing great, they are definitely in need of a watering soon so I started up a batch of T and J tea today which should be ready tomorrow for feeding the girls. They definitely seem to be responding to the LST and they are starting to slowly branch out :) I am going to keep LST going until they get nice an bushy and hopefully I can time the veg time right so when my flowering tent is done, I can use the Scrog screen to scrog them out....If not then I will do my best to use LST and supercropping to max out my yield :)

On another note, I have found my first instance where Gas Lantern Routine is not perfect and a strain that doesn't like it. Ogiesel... My Ogiesel has been in veg under the GLR for about 4 months now, and when I looked the other day, it is flowering??!!! I don't believe that Ogiesel is an auto or has any auto genetics in it being that it is OGx Skunk x diesel so I am wondering why?? anyhow once I get my 3rd tent going, I will be putting her under 24 hour light to revert hopefully back to veg so I can clone her.

Here are the pics..
DSC08568.JPG
DSC085691.JPG
DSC085701.JPG
DSC085711.JPG
DSC085721.JPG
DSC08573.JPG
DSC085741.JPG
DSC085751.JPG

Here is the Ogiesel...

Notice the flowerers...under GLR!!!???
DSC085761.JPG
DSC085771.JPG
DSC085781.JPG
DSC085791.JPG

nice update
all I can say about that is glr is suppose to make the plant flower sooner when thrown into flower but its still in veg
wow

hey man I would like it if u can guide me on to the high brix soil growing and I had a question since your using top led lights I wanted to ask if u think the reflector 96x3 would cover a 2x4 good or the one you have is better since that one in the 2x4 space

hey man I would like it if u can guide me on to the high brix soil growing and I had a question since your using top led lights I wanted to ask if u think the reflector 96x3 would cover a 2x4 good or the one you have is better since that one in the 2x4 space

Hey Wicked... I appreciate you stopping by. As far as high brix, if you had a specific question I could try to answer it, but to guide you through it isn't really my cup of tea since the info is already here at 420 magazine. Check out my 3rd and 4th journals for a lot of into, Curso's journals, Docbud's journals and the others and you will learn just about everything you need to know. Talk to Docbud about his kit and its the best way to go high brix.

As far as the light/led, I can't really comment on the 96x3w since I never have used it but my 144x3w and it definitely covers the 2.5'x5'x7' tent well. You might want to try asking that question on the Top LED thread and might get some response from those that have used it.

Girls are looking good Ice. That sucks about the Ogiesel, I had a GDP that would start to flower in veg.

Hey Ice Happy Munchday :thumb:

Tomorrow will be the day I reveal my surprise!!! I'm excited!

Who ever guessed right should get a couple bags of your soil or better yet, your buds.

I can't wait!!! Its almost time to reveal the exciting news!!!

thanks man well ill be around looking on you high brix growers you guys should make a new thread on that I don't think I seen one on only high brix growers if there is one I haven't seen it and I just got here and im already wondering what the revealed news will be lol

Back
Top Bottom