Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Pots!

Re: Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Po

LOL, a 5 in Social and you're working in sales ... :laughtwo:

This one made me laugh too! I used to work in sales, so that stood out like a sore thumb! haha! Many moons ago before I became "Mommy" I was pretty good at sales. :laughtwo: My people scores are through the roof and into the stratosphere though. I found sales more satisfying when it was our own stuff I was peddling, which threw me right back into artistic, another high score.

Maybe I should take the survey and find out what I should be when I grow up. I'm at a turning point too. Lately I found myself thinking about college again.

Re: Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Po

I thought I was the only one who forgot to eat until the gardening chores were all done. LOL! I'm forever looking up and it's 3PM and I just got the update posted when my stomach screams to finally be heard.

We can call it passion. That sounds better than obsession, doesn't it? :battingeyelashes:

This one made me laugh too! I used to work in sales, so that stood out like a sore thumb! haha! Many moons ago before I became "Mommy". :laughtwo: My people scores are through the roof and into the stratosphere though. I found sales more satisfying when it was our own stuff I was peddling, which threw me right back into artistic, another high score.

Maybe I should take the survey and find out what I should be when I grow up. I'm at a turning point too. Lately I found myself thinking about college again.

The surveys were on a site called CalJobs... its set up by the government for jobs in California, but you probably could sign up still and take the surveys... its free. What was really nice is after you take the surveys, there are a couple of them, it will list jobs and careers that meet those types of personalities. There also is one that is skill based. Very helpful to me :)

After I did the skill based one, it really showed me that I need other skills, because it was all sales/business/admin type stuff... which none of that fulfills the soul... It also highlighted what I already knew was true is I like hands on, variety and not working in an office. My best job ever was when I did highway construction when I was 18-21. I made extremely good money, was in the best shape of my life, had an amazing tan, and was always outdoors doing something different every day, constructing, building being a man...grunt grunt grunt>>>LOL... hahaha (makes me think of the old show Tool Time with Tim Allen)

... even though the work was pure physical hell sometimes, after clocking out, hitting some AC and having a cold beer or nice one hitter after work, I felt satisfied, in soul and body. Plus its pretty cool to drive by things years later and say... I helped build that :)

I actually love doing sales when people come to me for help on making a decision... I like to be helpful, well educated on the product, and help make a honest decision for what the customer needs. Then I feel fulfilled. I also don't mind selling something that I personally like and use... because then again I am being honest...

What I can't stand though is pushing something you know in your heart is not right for a person or business, but do it anyways because its your job and you "have to make the numbers". That's when I get annoyed because I am an honest person and its hard to sell what you can't get excited about. Then you have bosses that love to come by 10x a day reminding you to get on the phones and you are behind on your numbers.... and to keep pushing and sell which just frustrates you more because you already know what to do as a professional salesperson, but they feel that by jabbing you every 1/2 hour somehow it makes you better...LOL...horrible tactics... I've gotten so pissed at past bosses I've turned and said to them... "so I've made 120 calls, nobody answered, so unless you have a 100% perfect way to sell and close an answering machine, I suggest you stop harassing me and find something to do" LOL.

I swear, after working 8-10 hours a day on a phone, talking to hundreds of people that hate sales calls, and getting rejected 99% of the time.... I'm drained....absolutely brain dead, have no motivation and want to just go home and bury my head in a pillow....

I definitely will be seeking some kind of training/education myself. I just need to stop thinking so hard about it and do something... so hopefully I can get that going soon :)

I thought I was the only one who forgot to eat until the gardening chores were all done. LOL! I'm forever looking up and it's 3PM and I just got the update posted when my stomach screams to finally be heard.

We can call it passion. That sounds better than obsession, doesn't it? :battingeyelashes:

LOL...I just haven't gotten back on a set schedule yet... usually I am on a schedule where if I don't eat by a certain hour my stomach lets me know, but lately since my sleeping has been very erratic, so has my eating schedule and so I find myself eating lunch at 9pm and dinner a 4am..LOL. working on getting back to "normal" LOL

It's 12:30 here now. I made my absolute cut-off time 2 AM. Tonight, if I succeed (did you think of Mission Impossible too? LOL!) it'll be four nights in a row sleeping in "normal" time. What I noticed immediately after the initial 7 hour stretch was a sense of calm. Today I started cooking my breakfast - even chopped veggies for the cheesy eggs.

There's hope for us Icemud. :battingeyelashes:

Career change is risky shit. That's why so many people settle. i took the entrepreneurial path, which usually means poverty and isn't for the faint of heart. I don't really work well for others. It has to be real menial and relatively mindless and then I can do it. Those jobs don't pay well, but they've been nice filler now and again.

It's a good thing my finances are secure. I'd be a placement challenge for sure. LOL!

I could never do that Brotha
im not a saleman type quik talker that would sell sand to someone who lives in a desert
im not saying you are by how it sounds your like the opposite kinda like me if im gonna say something its cause
its true other than that im glad I haven't well I don't have the personal skills to be a salesman
my customer service skills aren't that good
well maybe its a lot better now but when I was young If I didn't like how your acting customer or not im gonna make it known lol
so many years in construction but
that takes a toll on you over the years so either way your suffering somehow

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I genuinely appreciate what you are doing here, Icemud (curious handle, btw). Both you and those commenting are providing useful info to me as I research before my first attempt at grow.

A little personal background:

I found out, about eight weeks ago, that something in cannabis allowed me to sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch for the first time in over 20 years (since traumatic brain and spinal injuries suffered in a rear-end car accident). The roach-induced sleep experience actually brought me to tears when I awoke after 8 hours of genuine, rejuvenating SLEEP! I felt "normal" for the first time in decades. I can't begin to explain how incredible that felt.

That one roach (offered to me by a total stranger) set me on a Google Quest to find out more about this stuff. I researched medical benefits of cannabis chemical components, Michigan Medical Marijuana Card requirements, etc.

I got my Michigan Medical MJ Card two weeks ago, and was ready to hit the Amazon Purchase Button to speed my "researched" first grow room necessities ... a fast and loose, Dollar$tore/HomeDepot CFL & shiney foil, VERY low budget tiny closet affair with no idea where to get decent quality seeds or clones. WHEW! Try sayin' all that in one breath!

Don't even talk to me about water or stink ... or farggin' NUTES!!

Luckily, I stumbled across a handful of intriquing inter-linked YouTubes, blogs, forum discussions, etc., which caused me to postpone hitting that dreaded Amazon Purchase Button.

It was quickly dawning on me that my low budget approach would cost me far more in the long term than if I just jumped straight to the rational Sweet Spot for my needs. Even though getting me to that "rational" Sweet Spot would require some serious belt-tightening due to increased initial expenses, as well as delaying my first grow gratification (OR disappointment) indefinitely, I am becoming more and more convinced that my decision to postpone my first grow is the correct decision.

What convinced me that postponement was a good idea? Two things:

1. I was becoming intrigued by many things in the Cannabis Realm and KNEW that I would be in this for the long haul ... and I wanted to do it right.

2. My recent experience in transitioning from smoking tobacco to vaping e-cigs taught me a few lessons ... not the least of which was that IF I had skipped ahead to the then E-cig Sweet Spot (identified through rational Google/research) in the E-Cig Realm, I could have saved hundreds of dollars (and a lot of disappointment and distraction) over what I spent while taking the Low Budget (Scenic Tour) over the last year and a half.

Well ... THREE thingies. As with the recent explosion in E-Cig Technology, Cannabis Grow Technology seems to be SCREAMING along on many levels ... and will likely accelerate for years to come. Lower prices and/or better quailty, etc.

OK ... FOUR thingies! Postponing may well have spared me some serious legal heartache and pain. It appears that having and using a Medical Marijuana Card here in Michigan may NOT be as "legal" as I had thought. It appears that there is a lot of SLACK in the way that police, judges, prosecutors, employers and landlords can interpret, and even ABUSE the Michigan Medical Marijuana Laws.

In short, the LAW is NOT SETTLED on this issue in Michigan. Innocent Med Card holders have been physically, financially, and emotionally damaged due to the vagaries of the existing Michigan Marijuana Laws.

I would encourage new Michigan Med MJ Card holders to look closely at what our "Real World" Legal Rights are, rather than blindly acting on what WE HOPE The Law is (as practiced in the Real World ... TODAY). It's still an Underground/Shadowy Community here in Michigan. We are still under threat ... under threat of Legal, Workplace, and Housing abuse. It's UNSETTLED LAW here in Michigan.

Be on your toes ... Sativa? Get Smart ... and SHARE your Smarts with others.

Honestly ... Last One! ... I've lived with my pain and other related issues for over twenty years ... I can man-up for a few more weeks :allgood:

My biggest concern involves the increasing INTRUSION by Big Business and their multi-level Government lackeys.... like Monsanto, Michigan State Legislators, and local law enforcement entities. I'd honestly HATE to see this gorgeous "Grass Roots Community" succumb to Stockholder and Electoral Greed.

LOL ... tl;dr

Hey! It's my first post! I'll try to be more brief in the future. I'm here and elsewhere for the duration, so re-familiarize yourselves with your Scroll Key :volcano-smiley:

Again ... Thanks to ALL here who do so much for so many of us.

...DimWit

I genuinely appreciate what you are doing here, Icemud (curious handle, btw). Both you and those commenting are providing useful info to me as I research before my first attempt at grow.

A little personal background:

I found out, about eight weeks ago, that something in cannabis allowed me to sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch for the first time in over 20 years (since traumatic brain and spinal injuries suffered in a rear-end car accident). The roach-induced sleep experience actually brought me to tears when I awoke after 8 hours of genuine, rejuvenating SLEEP! I felt "normal" for the first time in decades. I can't begin to explain how incredible that felt.

That one roach (offered to me by a total stranger) set me on a Google Quest to find out more about this stuff. I researched medical benefits of cannabis chemical components, Michigan Medical Marijuana Card requirements, etc.

I got my Michigan Medical MJ Card two weeks ago, and was ready to hit the Amazon Purchase Button to speed my "researched" first grow room necessities ... a fast and loose, Dollar$tore/HomeDepot CFL & shiney foil, VERY low budget tiny closet affair with no idea where to get decent quality seeds or clones. WHEW! Try sayin' all that in one breath!

Don't even talk to me about water or stink ... or farggin' NUTES!!

Luckily, I stumbled across a handful of intriquing inter-linked YouTubes, blogs, forum discussions, etc., which caused me to postpone hitting that dreaded Amazon Purchase Button.

It was quickly dawning on me that my low budget approach would cost me far more in the long term than if I just jumped straight to the rational Sweet Spot for my needs. Even though getting me to that "rational" Sweet Spot would require some serious belt-tightening due to increased initial expenses, as well as delaying my first grow gratification (OR disappointment) indefinitely, I am becoming more and more convinced that my decision to postpone my first grow is the correct decision.

What convinced me that postponement was a good idea? Two things:

1. I was becoming intrigued by many things in the Cannabis Realm and KNEW that I would be in this for the long haul ... and I wanted to do it right.

2. My recent experience in transitioning from smoking tobacco to vaping e-cigs taught me a few lessons ... not the least of which was that IF I had skipped ahead to the then E-cig Sweet Spot (identified through rational Google/research) in the E-Cig Realm, I could have saved hundreds of dollars (and a lot of disappointment and distraction) over what I spent while taking the Low Budget (Scenic Tour) over the last year and a half.

Well ... THREE thingies. As with the recent explosion in E-Cig Technology, Cannabis Grow Technology seems to be SCREAMING along on many levels ... and will likely accelerate for years to come. Lower prices and/or better quailty, etc.

OK ... FOUR thingies! Postponing may well have spared me some serious legal heartache and pain. It appears that having and using a Medical Marijuana Card here in Michigan may NOT be as "legal" as I had thought. It appears that there is a lot of SLACK in the way that police, judges, prosecutors, employers and landlords can interpret, and even ABUSE the Michigan Medical Marijuana Laws.

In short, the LAW is NOT SETTLED on this issue in Michigan. Innocent Med Card holders have been physically, financially, and emotionally damaged due to the vagaries of the existing Michigan Marijuana Laws.

I would encourage new Michigan Med MJ Card holders to look closely at what our "Real World" Legal Rights are, rather than blindly acting on what WE HOPE The Law is (as practiced in the Real World ... TODAY). It's still an Underground/Shadowy Community here in Michigan. We are still under threat ... under threat of Legal, Workplace, and Housing abuse. It's UNSETTLED LAW here in Michigan.

Be on your toes ... Sativa? Get Smart ... and SHARE your Smarts with others.

Honestly ... Last One! ... I've lived with my pain and other related issues for over twenty years ... I can man-up for a few more weeks :allgood:

My biggest concern involves the increasing INTRUSION by Big Business and their multi-level Government lackeys.... like Monsanto, Michigan State Legislators, and local law enforcement entities. I'd honestly HATE to see this gorgeous "Grass Roots Community" succumb to Stockholder and Electoral Greed.

LOL ... tl;dr

Hey! It's my first post! I'll try to be more brief in the future. I'm here and elsewhere for the duration, so re-familiarize yourselves with your Scroll Key :volcano-smiley:

Again ... Thanks to ALL here who do so much for so many of us.

...DimWit

Hey DimWit!

Very happy that you found my journal and even more happy for you that cannabis has improved your quality of life! I love hearing peoples personal successes with cannabis as a medicine and I welcome you to 420 Magazine, which is an excellent community to learn everything about growing, meet other like minded individuals and feel at "home".

This journal is complete but I invite you to check out my new journal Here:
Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

I just harvested one of my crops and will be doing 2 more grows following the harvest and the room in my current grow tent and I like to share a lot of info and would be happy to help you with questions and such.

Welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom