Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

All these talks, and me learning and loving Sativa has made me pull out my seeds of Kilimanjaro

Maybe she needs 14-16 weeks

Popping a few seeds today

I have Punta Rojo aka Colombian Red from Cannabiogen and Colombian Gold from Snow High. Hopefully they’ll be run within the year.

I have been eyeing both of those strains for some time now. I will have to look around and see what kind of genetics are available on the market. I definitely have wanted some colombian in my garden for sometime :)

You'll also notice, on Phylos, that Colombian Gold is very closely related to Thai. My thinking is that CG is actually of Thai origin, from way back in the Spanish conquests of the 1600 and 1700s.

I ran a cross of Ace strains and caught one that had to be Purple Haze. It went 24 weeks and ended up loose and fluffy. But the buzz is very special - potent and disorienting, lasts 4 hours. :cheesygrinsmiley: Every surface is covered in small trichs, including all the sugar leaves. When you reach into the jar, you pull out a moist sticky clump - no "nuggets".

Fun stuff! It's definitely old school. Smells like sweet fresh clover with a little clove/cinnamon.

I noticed that too! I'm still trying to gather how the graphical "galaxy" on phylos represents the "flow" of cannabis through its history... It seems like all the green "stars" seem to all be on one side of the "V" shape and all seem to be landraces (non middle eastern) and the other "leg" of the "V" shape seems to be mostly hybrids based of middle eastern strains and kushes. Seems that the green side "landraces" hasn't nearly been as whored out as the middle eastern strains, which makes me very interested in all those undiscovered potential strains on the green side with the columbians, thai's and african strains. I which they also compiled chemotype data such as cannabinoids and terpenes on the site as it would be very interesting to see if there is correlation with certain landraces and certain chemotype features.

Thinking back I do believe I picked up some purple haze once from a dispensary, not 100% sure, but I do kind of remember a sweet spice flavored strain and a very different feeling from it, almost like a daze where you were functional body wise but the brain seemed to be alert but fogged if that makes sense.

Sounds amazing actually!!!

All these talks, and me learning and loving Sativa has made me pull out my seeds of Kilimanjaro

Maybe she needs 14-16 weeks

Popping a few seeds today

That sounds fantastic too!!! Long flower time but probably very worth it.

I do kind of remember a sweet spice flavored strain and a very different feeling from it, almost like a daze where you were functional body wise but the brain seemed to be alert but fogged if that makes sense.

Sounds amazing actually!!!

Yup, that's it. I didn't have any other stash when I harvested mine and it's all I smoked for a few weeks. :straightface: It's bright and buzzy, but over time it screws with your head.

Hazey dazey, all fugged up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey everyone!!! Bangi Haze update time.

So yesterday I decided the bangi Haze were tall enought to top each of the plants and let them branch out a bit. The structure was very tall, but with very minimal side branching so I want to bush them out quit a bit so that I can get more seeds in the end when they are flowered out.

I topped each of them at a equal height, despite some of them being taller than the others. I didn't think about it at the time as I should have documented which ones were taller and which were shorter, but hopefully I can do that based on the pre/post topping photos I took and their positions in the tent.

I have to say, when I topped the girls they gave off their lovely fragarance and wow, the terps even at a young age are extremely potent. Obviously a stem rub never really gives a true rendition of what to expect but I have to say the potency of the stems after cutting them was extremely pungent, and almost a lemon, puke, sulfur smell with a little skunkyness came out, lots of lemon and puke smell.. LOL.

Other than that, I topped some of the other clones/strains that I had going in the tent to also bush them out and slow their verticle growth, as I wait for the other tent to open up/clear out with my sour grapes project which still has at least 3 more weeks to go.

Other than that, not much else to report on, so how about some before/after pics.

Before the topping:

After topping:

Lemon puke sounds delicious! Lol

It definitely has a very pungent smell to it.... I also smell some terps though that I haven't smelled before in it... so really hoping that they shine through, and the puke smell goes away...LOL

Hey everyone!!! Sorry for the delay in the Sour Grapes seed project update.

Before I forget.. Happy Belated Fathers Day to all the fathers out there. Love ya pops! ;)

Today makes day 55 of flowering from the flip to 12/12 and the girls are chugging right along. Today I did a slight defoliation and maintenance pruning removing some dead foliage as well as adding some additional wire tiedowns to hold up some of the falling branches.

I also took mid-late flowering notes of each phenotype of sour grapes in my personal breeding journal for the project which I will share a little further down the post. I shot a couple photos from multiple angles as well as I figure 4 or 5 years down the road if I decide to pull out some of these seeds to use, I want good documentation of which phenotypes had which traits etc... plan now for later :)

As far as growth things really have picked up lately after about a week of what seemed to be a mid flowering stall and now the girls are back to gaining girth and filling in. Happy to see them really stacking now and the terps becoming stronger as well. Feedings I have been rotating between synthetic, organic and plain water feedings and the plants seem to be ok with it for the most part. Typically if growing for my consumuption and with less plants and bigger pots I would grow as natural/organicly as possible, but with the sake of time, ease and smaller pots and lots of plants its easier to do synthetics with added organic nutrients.

All of the phenos have a very artificial sweet grape smell to them, not much variation in the terps between the 4 phenotypes in terms of smell, only strength of the terps differs between them so very uniform in that which is nice to know :)

Well here are the Mid-late flowering photos and journal entries:

Phenotype 1
Mid flowering #1: Mid late flowering this pheno freaked out and a bunch of the smaller sugar leaves burned from something. Not sure if it was too strong of a feeding, or just straight purified R/O water that caused the leaves to brown and die, but the problem seemed to be tied to a single feeding. None of the other phenos reacted this way and all had the same feeding so this pheno seems to be weaker or at least is more susceptable to swings in nutrients. The terps on this one are still not very strong, and hardly detectable at all even when vigorously rubbing a bud and smelling your fingers. in terms of terp strength I think this one would be a 4 out of 10 at this late in flowering. The terps smell like a very very light artificial grape smell but very weak. There are a lot of trichomes and bud structure is looser than Pheno 4 and 6, but still fairly good structure overall. This is a good pheno, but not the best and #4 and #6 still outshine it.

Phenotype 4
Mid late flowering #4: IF I had to choose only 1 of these phenotypes for breeding, I believe that #4 would make the perfect plant to use. It has a ton of main branches with buds, the buds are very proportional, tight, full, close nodes and very very frosty. This pheno is probably the most frosty in terms of trichomes and has the best bud structure of them all. The terpenes on this one are very strong, but not as strong as pheno #6 which is a tiny bit stronger at this point, however they are so close, with all of the other traits pheno #6 brings, this would be the choice number 1 pheno. The terp strength is about a 7-8 out of 10 and this one smells also like a sweet artifical grape smell, but slighlty less grape and slightly more of a skunkyness to the grape. Still very grape though.

Phenotype 6
MID-Late flowering #6: This phenotype is extremely hardy, has very little discoloration or issues with leaves and has excellent bud structure. They are fairly tight and very frosty and the nodes are fairly close togther as well. In terms of structure, pheno #6 is one of the shorter plants, but the yield seems about the same between all the phenos. The terpenes on this pheno are very strong and I would rate them as a 8 out of 10 in terms of strength. The smell from the terpenes is that of a very sweet artificial grape almost like a grape candy with a little bit of cherry in it as well. Very very good smell. So far this is definitely a good future pheno to breed with. Not the tallest but a excellent shorter pheno with all other traits desirable for potentially breeding with a lanky OG or lanky sativa.

Phenotype 7
Mid flowering #7: Well I have to say this phenotype really surprised me and has definitely filled out from being the tallest and lankiest of the bunch. This pheno is excellent in terms of structure, but the bud formations are very small, and although the buds are stacking very well, they just don't have the girth that pheno 6 and pheno 4 have. Close but I would have to rank this pheno 3rd. In terms of trichomes, this pheno is also covered, but not as much as pheno 4 and 6. In terms of terpene strength and smell, this one is fairly light on the terpenes, and I would say places in 3rd place out of all 4 phenotypes. I would give it about a 5-6 out of 10 in strength of terpenes. The smell is very similar to all of them, with a artificial grape smell to it, but just not as pungently strong as the 2 best. This pheno could have some good potential to breed with some heavy indica dom strains to increase their height. I would rank this 3rd overall in terms of overall rating.

Photos showing all 4 sour Grapes:

Enjoy!!!!

The sour Grapes is almost there!

I can't wait!!! I'm super excited about these beans and sour grapes definitely did not let me down. Super frosty, the terps are unbelievable, fast grower, hardy and not too finicky and overall a great plant/strain. Soon comes that time to decide what seeds to pop next... Sooo many choices to choose from. I am definitely considering running: the CSI pine tar kush, chocolate thai, apollo 13 F4's, fruity pebbles og, Astro Kush, and Blueberry, but so many still to consider I may even focus on some others... hard choices to make : )

Everything looks great, Brother! :bravo:

Thank you my friend!!! I definitely am happy with the results this far. Just waiting to see those seeds with tiger stripes. I figure about 2-3 weeks max.

Hey Everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July/Independence Day weekend!!!

Also, hope anyone that was effected by the California earthquakes is ok, and well, and safe!!! I felt the quakes where I live which is about 200 miles away, and they were very strong, even this far away so hopefully all of you are safe and well!

This is just a very brief update.

Today makes day 72 of flowering for my sour grapes project and today is harvest day, well chop day I should say. I took down all of the plants today and they will be hanging to dry for about a week or however long it takes for them to dry. Its been fairly warm lately so I believe by next weekend I will be getting started with deseeding the plants.

The Trainwreck I actually had pulled about a week ago as it died on me from I believe too hot of a feeding a while back and slowly kept getting worse. Trainwreck is one of my fastest to finish strains so It was ready anyhow so today I actually deseeded it, and harvested a ton of seeds from the Trainwreck crossed with sour grapes pollen. Super happy that even though it died the seeds were already mature and tiger striped which was great.

I will post updates when I am done with each plant showing the harvests, as well as a final pheno detail summary for the female sour grapes phenos.

Other than that the bangi haze project will be coming up very soon, and it thriving in veg. I will post some photos soon as well.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and is well!

Quick update....

I have 2 more plants to deseed which I will be doing today/tomorrow and then I will have a nice grand finale update on the Sour Grapes Seed Project. So far its been an absolute success and I have gotten plenty of seeds from all plants :) Also, I am extremely pleased with the Sour Grapes, as it yielded well, and the terpenes smell amazing..... each pheno differs slightly but overall it smells like grape candy, like an artificial sweet but sour grape like a pixie stick or a grape pez candy :) Amazing terps!

Back
Top Bottom