Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Hey Lewydeville! Yea it had to have been at least 4 years and maybe more since I bread the BCS X BDOG. Yea its kind of odd that I haven't even run any of my own creations yet. I think its because I was so gung-ho on just breeding like a college freshman that I didn't even leave time for popping my own seeds.

Luckilly though I have a few close friends and growers that have run some of my creations but not the BCS X BDOG. They usually send me tons of pictures and give me full feedback on the final results which helps with my future projects. Really excited though to be running my own gear for once too :)

I wish I had about 10x more tents where I could have a bunch of different projects going :) maybe someday :)

I'm hoping that the BCS x BDOG turns out great and really hoping it leans towards the BDOG more than the BCS because the BDOG was so dank!
I bet you are excited and I know what you mean about wishing you had a few more tents! You definitely belong in the cannabis trade and good luck with your future projects. I know I’d buy some of your creations if you ever went down that road. I’m in the U.K. so the chance of being busted and losing cherished mother plants stops me from a serious breeding project but I do have a few regular plants going at the moment and hoping for a Male to create some beans for fun.

Wow, what a badass thread! I'll have to read back through to get some knowledge. I'm sure there's plenty to learn here :bravo:
Hey Dankman!! Welcome and thank you! Glad to have you along for the show :) Hopefully you find some useful information in my journal and feel free to chime in or ask questions or participate :) Welcome and 1 love!

I bet you are excited and I know what you mean about wishing you had a few more tents! You definitely belong in the cannabis trade and good luck with your future projects. I know I’d buy some of your creations if you ever went down that road. I’m in the U.K. so the chance of being busted and losing cherished mother plants stops me from a serious breeding project but I do have a few regular plants going at the moment and hoping for a Male to create some beans for fun.

Thats awful kind of you Lewydeville and definitely agree that my future would be bright and happy if I could somehow manage to get into the seed/genetics game legally :) Hopefully in the coming years I can make this dream a reality and if not, at least I'm having fun doing it now :) i guess I could say its my hobby for now :) If you wanted some of the seeds that I run, you can look for "Hazeman Seeds" or if you are on IG, you can reach out to InfinityGenetics which is hazemans company. I'm not sure if he personally ships overseas, but there are a lot of seedbanks that offer his gear as well. I have not been let down yet and there are a ton of people who have run and enjoyed Hazemans stuff :) Eventually I will get to the point where I can produce enough seeds to sell and make a good living, but still have to figure out how to do it the right way and not jeopordize my freedom of live :) I wish our damn government would pull their thinkers out of their stinkers and make it fully legal (without restriction, permits and regulations). I guess one can dream. :)

Thanks for your kind words and really appreciate you chiming in as well :) All it takes is 1 male and a tent of females and you will have enough seeds to last you for a decade or more :) its a ton of fun "pollen chucking" :)

Thats awful kind of you Lewydeville and definitely agree that my future would be bright and happy if I could somehow manage to get into the seed/genetics game legally :) Hopefully in the coming years I can make this dream a reality and if not, at least I'm having fun doing it now :) i guess I could say its my hobby for now :) If you wanted some of the seeds that I run, you can look for "Hazeman Seeds" or if you are on IG, you can reach out to InfinityGenetics which is hazemans company. I'm not sure if he personally ships overseas, but there are a lot of seedbanks that offer his gear as well. I have not been let down yet and there are a ton of people who have run and enjoyed Hazemans stuff :) Eventually I will get to the point where I can produce enough seeds to sell and make a good living, but still have to figure out how to do it the right way and not jeopordize my freedom of live :) I wish our damn government would pull their thinkers out of their stinkers and make it fully legal (without restriction, permits and regulations). I guess one can dream. :)

Thanks for your kind words and really appreciate you chiming in as well :) All it takes is 1 male and a tent of females and you will have enough seeds to last you for a decade or more :) its a ton of fun "pollen chucking" :)
Thanks that’s good to know about the Hazeman Seeds, I’ve just checked the bank I use and they stock a good range of them so I’ll definitely grab some next order.
Hopefully I might have a good supply of my own soon :)

Hey Everyone... Happy St. Patricks day!!!! Hope everyone is celebrating with some Green today :)

I also hope everyone is safe and being cautious with the whole coronavirus thing going on.. pretty crazy times.

I'll do a quick update of my projects.

The Apollo 13 seed project:
Well I've been kind of embarrased to report or show photos of this project as I screwed up late flowering. I gave the girls either too much calcium or too high PPM of a feeding around day 55, which completely fried the leaves on almost all of the plants. Almost overnight most of the plants leaves turned brown and it went as far as killing my gorilla glue and almost 2 of the apollo 13 females. Luckilly the project was near completion and I think I still will manage to get a ton of viable seeds so not a total loss, but pretty embarassing as the plants were going so good for the entire grow only to screw it up with me "changing things" late in flowering. I took all the plants down on Sunday which was day 74 of flowering and they are all currently hanging to dry. Although the project still should turn out ok, I wish they would have been more "photographic" at the end because the apollo's really stacked some fat buds.

The Gods Gift project:
This project is looking fantastic and is still in veg. The plants are really vegging fast and probably about 2 to 3' high right now. Since it will be another 2 weeks before the other tent is ready I will be starting to take clones later this week in prep for getting the next seed project going. I haven't decided what seeds will be next to pop after the gods gift project, but I am leaning towards Fruity Pebbles OG, Blueberry, Chocolate Thai and 88G13HP. I also recently aquired a bunch of cannarado seeds from a buddy so I may even throw a couple of those into the mix too :)

Anyways stay safe everyone!!!! UV-C lights work great for killing viruses, bacteria, molds etc.. but are also extremely hazardous to eyes and human skin. I use one to "sterilize" all of my groceries before they even enter my cabinets or refrigerator. A little extra piece of mind in these crazy times.

Final Report and Results on Apollo 13 F4 seed project:

Hey everyone!!! I hope all of you are healthy and staying safe during these strange times with the coronavirus among us all.

Sorry to everyone who was expecting more updates on the Apollo 13 seed project. I have finally completed the Apollo 13 project and I am ready to get going on the next project which will be gods gift. My apologies that I dropped the ball on updated with the apollo 13 project. About mid-late flowering I decided to add a spoonful of calcium carbonate to one of my feedings which really screwed up my soil ph and EC and fried my plants... Although I still managed to get a very successful seed harvest, the plants looked like absolute crap, and I was slightly embarrased to show them off in the horrible state they were in... which is mainly why I haven't updated in a long time. I guess I probably should have shown them anyways to show that mistakes happen, especially when you try things outside of the norm. Anyhow. Here is the final update for the Apollo 13 project.

Here are the seeds harvested:

As you can see I got quite a good haul of seeds this run, so definitely am pleased that my goal was accomplished, even thought the plants didn't look their best in the end.

So here are my personal breeding notes for this project: (I always keep personal notes along the grow so I can reference them later in the future when I need to know details about phenotypes and selections.)

Apollo 13 (F4) flowering.

(Source and backstory)

From Hazeman's private seed collection. Released by Motarebal and bred by Mendel in Colorado.

Motarebel told me that this line is an open pollenation to keep the variety. Mendel was believed to have used 5 different keeper cut females and a few different males to keep the line diverse while also keeping her pure.

Here is some additional information posted on a different forum by MrSoul about Apollo 11 and 13:
Mr. Soul

"Apollo 11 & 13 are from the same mother plant (Genius). The father of Apollo 13 was P.75 whereas Apollo 11's dad is Cinderella 99. Apollo 13's mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent “Lemon Pledge” citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a “creeper” high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily." MrSoul

Apollo 13 has a MINIMAL amount Shiva Skunk in its composition, only about 10%. Its mother was bred from a mysterious hybrid of Jack Herer crossed with an unidentified male which seems to have given it an unusually SHORT flowering period. Its scent is a pungent "Lemon Pledge" citrus with an undertone of acrid skunk. You really taste lemons when you smoke a joint. The high is STRONG, and starts hitting you while you're smoking it, rather than being a "creeper" high. It's easy to grow, matures rapidly, and manicures easily. Cinderella 88 is shorter & more resinous, but yields about the same as Apollo 13.

The flavour is like tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, tangerine... but with an "evil" undertone a lot like certain Thai weed has. I consider Cinderella superior to Apollo, but everyone's got an opinion. Neither of these strains are true-breeding but their offspring would be good -just lots of variety. MrSoul[

"The potency of A13 and Cinderella are "on par" in strength, but the character of each high is unique. A13 is a more "happy, social high" although seriously potent. Cinderella has a bit more "paranoia-inducing" high. Neither one has the "couch-lock" effect -they give the smoker an "up", energetic feeling... good for doing something physical, as opposed to lying around comatose." MrSoul/QUOTE]
Details of the Grow:

Seeds Popped August 12, 2019: 8 seeds were popped into R/O water and placed on my gas range stove above the pilot light to keep them warm. 7 of the 8 males produced a taproot and were placed into new soil which was a mix of promix, ocean forest and a few mineralized amendments. Mycos were added when the seeds were placed in soil.

All phenotypes were numbered #1-7.

Pheno #1

This phenotype is one of the 2 shorter phenotypes and had a different structure and leaf style/look than all of the other phenotypes. The structure of this one is much more similar to a hybrid structure or indica squat structure where the 2 taller phenotypes definitely have a more sativa look to them. This phenotype is full of trichomes, but not as frosty as pheno 5. The bud size/girth on this one is not as large as the others and probably similar to phenotype 7 where the buds are airy and lots of leaf but not much girth. In terms of terpene strength, this one come in around 5 out of 10, as it takes quite a few bud rubs to really generate a good whiff of the terps. The terpene profile is also very hard to describe as its different from the other phenotypes. Its hard to describe the teprenes but I would say maybe a slight citrus mixed with a musty skunk synthetic smell. Very hard to describe and decently appealing, but the other 2 phenotypes have much stronger and more defined terps. This one seems to have influence from something other than the dominant other 3 phenos with the citrus. This one has a more skunky/musty sweet smell. Not a bad phenotype for shorter structure.

Harvest: This phenotype was probably the highest yielding, excellent structure and gigantic frosty buds out of all of the phenotypes. This phenotype did not get affected much by the nutrients beings strong and was very girthy and heavy. For bud size, plant structure and trichome development this phenotype is amazing. The terpene profile is as described earlier and good, but probably 3rd place in terms of strength.

Dry/Deseeding: The smell on phenotype 1 is absolutely amazing and almost an exotic intoxicating smell. The smell I would say is a 75% sharp citrus smell almost like when you first peel an orange, and I would say the remaining 20% is citrus/pine with 5% being a cheesy smell. Overwhelmingly citrus and extremely potent smelling. Trichome development on this phenotype is great for the strain, and the buds are definitely a more sativa dom type structure but also have decent girth to them. Leafy but the leaves fall off easy when dry. Quite a decent yield on this phenotype and would be excellent for further growing or breeding this pheno.

Pheno #5

This phenotype is 1 of 2 tallest phenotypes, and has a better structure than the other tall phenotype, better and larger/thicker bud development, more trichomes and a much more detectable and pungent terp profile than the other tall phenotype. In terms of strength of terpenes, this one is oozing with fragrance and I would say probably at a 7-8 of 10 in terpene strength. The terpene profile on this one is slightly harder to describe. The terpenes on this probably could be best described as sweet cotton candy with a mango/citrus type fruity smell to the backend, mixed with some kind of pleasant citrus/grapefruit candy. Extremely good smelling but hard to describe. So far this would be one of the select phenotypes for size, structure, frost/trichomes, bud size and overall a perfect structure.

Harvest time: This pheno was 1 of 2 phenos that severely was affected late flowering due to over nutrient EC or too high calcium and ph therefore the leaves were mostly brown at harvest. The plant was the strongest of terpenes and 2nd largest plant so it would definitely be an excellent selection for trichomes, terpenes or large structure and buds. This would definitely be my choice select phenotype for overall best in all areas.

Dry/Deseeding: This phenotype has a very strong terp profile, I would say 7 or 8 out of 10 in terms of strength. The bud structures were very sense for being such a large stretchy plant. The yield was average, not small but not large. The terpene profile on this phenotype is amazing, and smells like a orange starburst candy or a mix of a orange/mango with a sweet lemon background. Very very appealing smell, very fruity. I would say overall this would be an excellent phenotype for breeding if you are looking for a taller structure but strong terpenes. Best select phenotype for taller structure, amazing terpene profile and strength and trichomes.

Pheno #6
Mid-late flowering:
This phenotype is of the shorter phenotypes and has a sort of lanky structure with minimal branching. Trichome development is very good and all of the buds are frosty at mid flowering. Girth of the buds is on the smaller side when compared to the larger phenos but since it’s mid flowering we will compare at the end of the grow. The terpene profile on this phenotype is amazing and smells like a medley of grapefruit/pinapple/and a hint of mango. Amazing terpenes off this phenotype. Terpene strength at this point is probably a 6 out of 10.

End of harvest: During late flowering, I had either given the plants too high of a EC feeding, or had given them bad nutrients which almost killed this phenotype over the course of 1-2 weeks. At harvest the entire plant was brown and dead with the exception of the larger buds inner most parts. The seeds seem to be ok as the plant was extremely healthy up until it died. This pheno was very frosty during flowering and had some very dense buds. Structure was lanky and vine like so sub optimal for structure. Buds were really nice though.

(for some reason I forgot while deseeding to do a final (after deseeding update). This was not the best pheno therefore I must not have been super impressed with the final results.

Pheno #7
MID-LATE flowering:
This phenotype is 1 of 2 of the taller phenotypes. Bud development is many, but girth and size of the buds are much smaller than the other tall phenotype and even the shorter phenotypes. The buds are all extremely covered in trichomes, which pretty much all of the phenotypes exhibit, however the buds on this pheno are “airy” and fairly leafy without much girth. Trichome production is similar to the other phenotypes however when compared to the other tall pheno, this one has less trichomes but not by much. The terpene profile of this phenotype is very weak and hard to smell, even after a very resinous bud rub. I was able to pick up a hint of grapefruit/pineapple/rotted fruit smell from it, but in terms of strength of terps, this one is sitting about a 4-5 out of 10.

Harvest Time: This phenotype was slow to form buds but overall quite a yield and lots of solid buds on branches. It was one of 2 phenos which stayed alive during the shock of over nutrient feeding where 2 other phenos dies. This one is definitely the tallest phenotype and lanky but lots of buds and branching. Good tall structure.

Dry/Deseeding: Overall this phenotype was Ok, but not the select choice for breeding. The plant had very long internodes between buds and limited branching. The buds themselves were airy and not as dense as the other phenotypes. The strength of the terpenes is not great, I would say a 5 out of 10 where you really have to squish a bud and smell you fingers to get a good odor. The terpene profile itself was appealing and interesting with a mix of pineapple, tropical fruit with a slight “weed” smell which was hard to describe. The yield was about average. Overall wouldn’t be a horrible selection for breeding long internodes or a nice tropical flavor but definitely was not the select choice pheno.

Final report:

Overall I was pleasantly pleased with the overall growth, health and ease of growing the Apollo 13 (up until I shocked my plants with the calcium carbonate). There were 2 different expressions in terms of height, 2 plants were much taller than the other 2. All leaves were similar but there was quite a bit of variation still between the branching differences, bud structures and overall yield. The terpenes of all the phentypes were very similar but not exactly the same, but mostly shared a citrus sweet floral/tropical type smell with a hint of pine. Overall I would say citrus/tropical fruit is the terp profile. Trichome development ranged from excellent on the 2 select phenotypes (short and tall one) and mediocre on the other 2 phenotypes. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to smoke any of the flower (I tried) but there were too many little seed parts within the flower to get a good hit where it didn't taste like seeds. I did however use my keif box and separated the resin glands from the biomass/plant material and did smoke the kief. The high was definitely very sativa dom, energetic, awakening, motivating and uppity feeling. Great daytime smoke for getting stuff done :) Would I recommend this strain? yea I probably would for anyone who like a very exotic flavored citrus/tropical fruit flavored bud with an uplifting high, this would be the remedy :)

Cleaning out the tent:
Between seed projects, I am meticulious about sterilizing and cleaning the grow tents, as pollen gets EVERYWHERE!!!! Here is an example: This is the top of my LED grow light used in the Apollo 13 project. As you can see its covered with pollen (and probably dust) from just 1 single run. Between each project I literally remove everything other than my fan/carbon scrubber. Every surface (including the scrubber and fan) gets sprayed with bleach/water solution and wiped down. I completely remove the bottom "tray" and scrub it clean, as well as lysol it to make sure no mold/mildew grows on the canvas. After the tent fully dries I spray it down again with bleach water and wipe it down 1 more time to ensure no pollen gets into the next project. Any plant material is swept up and then the "cracks and crevices" are vacuumed. On the last run I used my Advanced LED XTE 300 panels and a single budmaster COB, however after last grow BOTH of the Advanced LED XTE panels have broken where the "intensity dial/pot" has gone haywire and causing my led's to flicker... I've only used these panels for a couple years and keep them in extremely good condition so for them to break this quickly I am kind of disappointed. Although they were given to me for free as a "sponsorship" I have to say for expensive panels I really was hoping to get more than a few years out of them. So for the next run I will be using my faithful budmasters which are still working perfectly :)

Here is an example of how pollen gets everywhere...

Here is the clean tent ready for the next project:

Whats next:

Next up will be my Gods Gift strain seed project in which I have 6 plants in late veg and are ready to flip to flowering. Thus far I have identified only 2 females, and the other 4 seem to be males. I will be using all of the plants in the next project as some of the males lean more to the "og kush" parents on a stem rub and sniff, where some seem to lean more to the GDP side, so for variety I will use all the males. I have already put the Gods gift and all of the other plants which will be part of the Gods Gift project into the tent. I am awaiting all of the clones I took of each plant to root and then I will be flipping this to flowering. (I will do a separate update shortly with the details of the gods gift project.).

As for whats up next after the gods gift... I am undecided. I am leaning between a few of the hazeman genetics I have including: super strawberry diesel, chocolate thai, fruity pebbles OG (not a hazeman creation, from his private collection) and DJ shorts blueberry (given to me by hazeman out of his collection). I also will be adding 1-2 feminized seeds from Cannarado to this project which will include some Sundae Driver S1's, and some Wedding Cake S1s. I just have not decided which base "males" that I will use in the next project but I am really leaning towards FPOG and Super Strawberry Diesel. I will decide in the next week or 2 as I wait for the clones to root.

Well thank you everyone who has followed along with this project and I appreciate each and every one of you!!! Stay tuned for an update and photos of the gods gift project which will be coming soon to a journal near you :) Also to announce... I am hitting the big 40 years old in the next few days... say goodby to my 30s and hello to the next decade of fun :) Wish me well :) lol

Dude, you're a seed-making machine! :adore:
I hope you have something better to do with all those besides store them!

Although, with all that pollen floating around, I'm not sure I'd try growing anything out in that tent, or under that light, or with those fans, or in that room, or anywhere within a 10 mile radius of your current location! :rofl:

Happy birthday, Brother! :high-five:

Happy Bday Youngin, the Apollo project looks like a success. Can’t wait until Gods Gift project starts. We missed you around here.

Thank you Pennywise!!! Yea the Apollo Project (despite the calcium issue) turned out really good and got alot of seeds for future use :) Thanks for the Bday wishes! Gods gift project is ready to flower, as soon as all the clones root its game on :) should be within the next 2 weeks :)

Dude, you're a seed-making machine! :adore:
I hope you have something better to do with all those besides store them!

Although, with all that pollen floating around, I'm not sure I'd try growing anything out in that tent, or under that light, or with those fans, or in that room, or anywhere within a 10 mile radius of your current location! :rofl:

Happy birthday, Brother! :high-five:

Haha... yea I definitely have a seed bank now.. .LOL... eventually I would like to be able to offer the seeds to the public but the costs of licensing have to come down significantly as the cities, counties and states are far too greedy with the taxes, fees and regulations. (at least to do it legally). LOL. I do have a few very close friends that I have gifted some beans to and who have been giving me feedback on some of my crosses. So far quite a few winners and lots of good feedback :)

Yea that pollen gets everywhere... luckilly as soon as the pollen spreads and hits the girls I've been removing the males and putting all the pollen sacks into bags to dry. Trying to minimize the spread of it since it goes everywhere :)

I guess all and all, since I don't really have a retirement savings.. these seeds may come in handy some day :)

Happy Birthday man! My vote still goes to the FPOG. It looks like you got quite a few seeds out of this run even despote the mishap! Sucks that two of your panels are on the fritz.
Thank you Gyeti! Much appreciated! Yea I got quite a bit of seeds and there seemed to be a good percentage being fully mature with tiger stripes which is a win in my book :)

Yea bummer about those Advanced LED panels. I actually have 3 of those and the 3rd one failed about a year ago on me. I think its probably the drivers or the potentiometer but im going to reach out to the company and see if they have a solution. I see they pulled this entire model line off their website so maybe it was a known issue? I'm fortunate though to have the Budmasters on hand so no delay in the project :)

Hope all is well and thanks for the Bday wishes!!!

Back
Top Bottom