Icemud's Budmaster LED Grow Light Journal: Hybrid LED's & 730nm Far Red Triggering

Re: Icemud's Budmaster LED Grow Light Journal - Hybrid LED's & 730nm Far Red Triggeri

I'm a plop myself on the couch right here for another fine journal, that is if you don't mind.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Re: Icemud's Budmaster LED Grow Light Journal - Hybrid LED's & 730nm Far Red Triggeri

I'm a plop myself on the couch right here for another fine journal, that is if you don't mind.

Hey Healthy Toker! Welcome and make yourself at home :) grab some popcorn and some herbals of choice and get ready for the show :) Should be 2 weeks or so until I flip to 12/12 :)

Glad to have ya here!

Well its that time again! Update!

Hope everyone had a great week and weekend!

Well we are getting very close to flipping this tent over to flowering, just 1 or 2 more weeks max.. I know, I've said that a few times already but this time its going to happen :) lol. I'm still waiting on pollen to pop in my other tent before I flip this one over, so as soon as that happens and I know my plants were pollinated, everything gets hosed down with water so that any pollen is deactivated, walls of the tent are wiped down with a bleach solution and then this tent will get flowered :)

Well things are looking great in the tent and really not much to report on this week. I let the plants pretty much be, and fed them yesterday a watering of some soaked sul po mag, enzymes and mycos/bennies. Not all the plants were ready for a watering so only a few got the above mix, while the rest were still fed for at least a few more days.

Its been extremely dry the past few days as we are getting offshore breeze coming from the dry deserts, so luckilly the plants seem to be fine, but I know my lips are taking a beating... lol I swear days like this I drink probably 5 gallons of water, and still feel thirsty. LOL.
But the plants are all good..

well not much else to report on today.. I did get a cut of my gorilla glue rooted and into soil as well, and put a humidity dome over it until the roots take hold and the humidity comes back up.

Well Here are today photos :)

budmaster_icemud_led_grow_1_.jpg
budmaster_icemud_led_grow_2_.jpg
budmaster_icemud_led_grow_3_.jpg
budmaster_icemud_led_grow_4_.jpg
budmaster_icemud_led_grow_5_.jpg

Looking good there! Keep growing my little beauties, your work input will payoff in the output. I'm really looking forward to the flip and their response to these lights.

Hey everyone!

Update time!

Well not much of anything exciting to report currently, as I am awaiting a few things before I flip to flowering. I ran out of room for potted clones and still have a couple that need to be rooted and potted, so I have to figure out a solution for that before I flip this tent over.... so may be a little while longer...

Not much really to report on currently as the plants are just doing their thing, vegging happily without any real issues. The one mystery plant that is in the old soil was giving me a little trouble and not really growing much, so I gave it a good flush and today it really seemed to perk up. All the other plants received a watering yesterday of 4 cups of water, nothing added.

Well here are some photos :)

20170212_220758_HDR.jpg
20170212_220820_HDR.jpg
20170212_220828_HDR.jpg
20170212_220834.jpg
20170212_220852.jpg

Hey all, hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!!

I wanted to share this video which shows a press conference between some of the top California company leaders discussing prop 64 and what now, how this effects all of us and so on. Very good information. Give it up for the cameraman, yours truly :)

[video=youtube_share;aZZT3uqX_Pk]
[/video]

Wait... this is YOUR WORK?? v-nice! :thumb: Need a better sound guy, though, lol...

Hey, Ice... Need to go over to OMM's Aloha journal

OMM's Aloha Journal Part III

Thank you Jandre for letting me know... wow. I am deeply saddened by this. OMM was such a loving, kind, generous person. He will be missed by many. Thank you for the heads up on this. Rest in peace OMM!

Thank you Jandre for letting me know... wow. I am deeply saddened by this. OMM was such a loving, kind, generous person. He will be missed by many. Thank you for the heads up on this. Rest in peace OMM!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I knew NOT knowing would cause even more pain.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I knew NOT knowing would cause even more pain.

I'm glad that you did let me know... I'm shocked, I have to say...wow. I remember OMM was one of the first people I started following back when I first joined 420 mag...along with BID, Curso and a few others. OMM always had a way of spreading joy through his journals, I always got such a great vibe from him. I hope someone digs up his story of the past he shared back about 4-5 years ago. It was a long ongoing story about his life and very very indepth and detailed. I'm sure its in his journals around 2011 or 2012. Well I hope that all that were close to him, his family, friends and members here can find peace, healing and comfort through these times. May OMM rest in peace and watch over us all :) much love and respect!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

With all that is going on in politics, and the uncertainty of the direction of federal cannabis enforcement, along with AG Jeff Sessions comments about enforcing federal law, as well as this week Sean Spicers comments on the probability of enforcement... I encourage each and every one of you to write you local government officials and push this bill through..... Protect state voter rights!!!

HB 975

H.R.975 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

115th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 975

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 7, 2017

Mr. Rohrabacher (for himself, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Young of Alaska, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Yoho, Mr. Blumenauer, Mr. McClintock, Ms. Titus, Mr. Hunter, Mr. Polis, Mr. Amash, Ms. Lee, and Mr. Massie) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
A BILL

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017”.

SEC. 2. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

Part G of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following:

“SEC. 710. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

“Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the provisions of this subchapter related to marihuana shall not apply to any person acting in compliance with State laws relating to the production, possession, distribution, dispensation, administration, or delivery of marihuana.”.

Hey icemud. I want to ask you a question about the emerson light you have there.

Whats the exact name of that unit and how much does it cost?
Do you notice any benefit from it... Any faster growth or bigger yield or havent you used it yet? What times you plan to use this light? I think i will be using far red from veg on the future

I use 730-745nm diodes for 15 minutes after lights out and i swear its promoting faster growth because it lets them sleep faster/longer. almost 2 hours of saved time every day.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Alright everyone, gather round! LOL

The day has finally come!!!

Today is the last day of veg, and tomorrow will be day 1 of flowering!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! yee haaa and lets do this!

So for flowering, I really have been itching to see how these Budmaster HPS LED grow lights will flower and since my seed project really didn't showcase them with a true flowering I decided to swap out the Budmaster "Hybrid cob/gods" and put in the Budmaster HPS-6 led grow lights!

Also, if you were following along with my other seed project journal, I mentioned that one of the Budmaster HPS modules went out... I"m awaiting the delivery of a new driver as the one module will go on, then off then usually stay off until the next day..just one of the modules which is ok so hopefully the new driver arrives soon and I will replace it.

For this flowering period I also will be using the Budmaster Emerson 730nm Far Red LED for a flowering trigger.

So tonight I have set my lights on 12/12 and the Budmaster Emerson panel comes on for 15 minutes after the lights go out.

I took clones of the Ogiesel, GDP and Mendo Grape Kush since they are the only ones I don't have a copy of growing elsewhere, and these were placed into my humidity dome. The GDP will be used in my next feminized seed project as the plant that is reversed and used to create pollen :) The clones were taken with the method in the video below... (shot a while back)

Other than taking clones, I also did some mild defoliation of the plants, and also some needed lolipopping and clean up of the underbrush on some of the plants that were growing very densely. I wanted to let better light penetration reach all the leaves as well as give the some room to breathe to prevent any fungal attacks :)

I gave the girls a feeding of an earth juice tea the other day which was a mixture of 5 gallons of r/o water with:

40ml of EJ grow
80ml of EJ bloom
40ml of EJ micro
40ml of EJ catalyst
40ml of EJ meta-k

5ml of BioCozyme
5ml of Mammoth P
20ml of Bushmaster kangaroots
30ml of AN cal/mag (grow) 5-0-0

This mixture was bubbled for over 48 hours and magically came alive about 52 hours into the bubble where all of a sudden a huge stack of foam developed and pushed up 8" over the lip of the bucket...wow!

Well that is all, and I apologize that the updates didn't come sooner. Been dealing with a few little life issues, nothing too serious but just been keeping me a little busy and stressed so glad to have a nice big update to come back with :)

Stay tuned as tomorrow makes DAY 1 of Flowering!!! In case you are just tuning in the strains are: Grandaddy Purple, Mendo Grape Kush, Race Fuel OG, Gorilla Glue #4, Black Cherry Soda, Trainwreck, Ogiesel, and a mystery bag seed

20170226_195736_HDR.jpg
20170226_195804_HDR.jpg
20170226_195813_HDR.jpg
20170226_195820.jpg
20170226_195832.jpg

After Minor Defoliation and some manicuring/lollipopping
20170226_204910_HDR.jpg
20170226_204917_HDR.jpg
20170226_204927_HDR.jpg
20170226_210258_HDR.jpg
20170226_210303.jpg

Girls are looking great! The lights are why I'm really following though, sorry to say that, but it's true. BMs are on my wish list for sure.

Glad to see you're still testing the 730nm. I'm switching my grow this year from last years. Last year I grew in the greenhouse and turned 730nm at sunset for an hour or so. This year my greenhouse will get an automatic blackout shade so I'll be on a 12/12. I'll be using the 730nm again if your results come back positive. I have no baseline to compare to. I know your gdp is new to your garden so that won't help much but strains like the black cherry cola should help you decide on the effects? How many days does it usually take to finish? You won't really need to do a side by side to get an general idea because you've spent so much time w some f those strains? Anyway glad to get back online and find you still here testing away. Wish there was more journals like yours. Kudos man. Please keep us updated on the 730nm. Thanks!

Glad to see you're still testing the 730nm. I'm switching my grow this year from last years. Last year I grew in the greenhouse and turned 730nm at sunset for an hour or so. This year my greenhouse will get an automatic blackout shade so I'll be on a 12/12. I'll be using the 730nm again if your results come back positive. I have no baseline to compare to. I know your gdp is new to your garden so that won't help much but strains like the black cherry cola should help you decide on the effects? How many days does it usually take to finish? You won't really need to do a side by side to get an general idea because you've spent so much time w some f those strains? Anyway glad to get back online and find you still here testing away. Wish there was more journals like yours. Kudos man. Please keep us updated on the 730nm. Thanks!

Hey SunWorshiper! Yep happy to still be testing out different lighting scenereos. I wish I had a larger area to work so I could do more accurate tests as well, but like you mentioned, some of these strains like my black cherry soda and ogiesel I've run so many times that I have a decent amount of data to compare to in terms of time flowering and such, so should make for a decent comparison :) I've heard good things about far red from a few growers that use it, so pretty confident that it should help, since the known science supports its success as well :) so we will see :)

Really excited to try these new strains too, I love GDP and trainwreck is always a nice pleasant smoke too, so really happy to have some new genetics in the garden. Hopefully I knock this one out of the park as I am overdue for a nice successful grow.. a few of the last ones went foul due to me having really old soil.

Thanks for the compliments my friend and glad to see ya stop by! stay tuned as we are now on day 7 flowering :)

Hey All!!!

Well today marks day 7 of flowering from the flip to 12/12 and the girls do seem to be showing a slight stretch and looking like they are pushing a few more white pistils out but still no flower sets. Generally I don't see them until around day 12-15 and sometimes even later so I don't expect to see anything pop until probably around next weekend.

Well I was up really late on friday night and caught the lights going out, and the Budmaster Emerson 730nm panels coming on so I decided to snap a few quick photos before the lights went completely dark... looked pretty cool with just the dim dark red light beaming through the leaves...

Far_Red_730nm_LED_Flowering_Booter_Budmaster_icemud_1_.jpg
Far_Red_730nm_LED_Flowering_Booter_Budmaster_icemud_4_.jpg
Far_Red_730nm_LED_Flowering_Booter_Budmaster_icemud_3_.jpg
Far_Red_730nm_LED_Flowering_Booter_Budmaster_icemud_2_.jpg

Well I gave the girls a good feeding about 3 days ago so I know they should be ready for their next feeding in a few days. I am really trying to pay attention to good watering habits this grow, and only watering when they are dry, as watering has been my nemesis for the longest time. I think most of my issues was my old recycled soil, as it built up humus from all the composting it really seemed to take on a lot of water, and no longer was very airy or porous, so it took forever to dry. This was leading to my roots having poor development, severe salt build ups and ph swings causing all kinds of problems, so now with the new fresh soil, it seems that watering has become normal now, and the soil is fully drying out in a matter of a few days vs before it would take like a week or 2. Makes me all kinds of happy :) So far I am really liking the 3 way blend of soil/coco and soiless.

Well not much else to report on today... I'm wondering if my issue with my one budmaster module is just a loose wire, because ever since I moved it into this tent, it has been working fine and the on/off flashing stopped... very odd. I will have to see if I can open it up to make sure everything is firm.. .so no issues for at least a week :) thats good :) never got the replacement driver yet so maybe it was just meant to happen that way...LOL... alls well that ends well, or something like that...haha...

The plants do really seem to love the HPS panels, as they have really nice praying leaf posture and seem really happy. I did notice a slight potassium deficiency on a couple of the plants so my next feeding will address that issue.

Here are some pics...

20170305_212246_HDR.jpg
20170305_212254_HDR.jpg
20170305_212258.jpg
20170305_212306.jpg
20170305_212322.jpg
20170305_212327.jpg
20170305_212332.jpg
20170305_212336.jpg
20170305_212342.jpg
20170305_212346.jpg
20170305_212351.jpg
20170305_212403.jpg

Girls are looking great! The lights are why I'm really following though, sorry to say that, but it's true. BMs are on my wish list for sure.

Hey Healthy Toker! Thanks for the compliments and happy to have ya following too :) The Budmasters are excellent panels, If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Looking good Ice.

I run IFr for some month now in my perpetual garden.
Most are clones I run for 2 years now and I see pilst and flowers 2 days earlier.
Bloom time is 5-7 days shorter on my 8-10 week strains so I don't have to give a week extra like most of the time.

Last run I had some new reg beans and I could see males after 5 days.
Had plenty of them all 6 Dynasty PHC went males :straightface:
And girls after 10 days witch is 2 days longer as my usual fems.

Icemud could you tell us what you would normally expect from the black cherry soda in this grow without the far red? What size would you expect the plant to get to and yield... and or flowering intro time and final finishing time or should I say days flowering. Thanks. Just curious to see how it compares to what's about to go down :D

Back
Top Bottom