Icemud's Grow 5.0 - Perpetual Grow - Gas Lamp Routine - Mineralized Soil

Thank you everyone for the encouraging compliments!! I much appreciate all of out stopping through and cheering me on. My taste buds are already drooling at the GSC and Cherry Pie, they look delicious already :) I am just hoping that the GSC thickens up since it is all little tight compact buds about a quarter in diameter. The Cherry Pie is looking and smelling incredible. I can't wait to try it. Also the OGiesel is looking amazing and has such a earthy, lemon, sweet, og smell to her. My mouth is watering :)

Hey everyone...been a while since I have updated so figured I should write up whats been happening lately.

My veg tent: Things are looking great in the veg tent and it seems that the spider mites are gone, well probably not completely, but I don't see them anywhere on any of the leaves I inspected so definitely a good sign. I still continue to spray them every 4 days with SNS, foliar feedings and such just to make sure that all eggs are destroyed as well as any new hatchlings are dead as well. Hopefully I will be able to rid the tent of these buggers for good upon transplant when I clean out the tent and scrub the walls, floors and such. I also added some green onions to my grow tent since onions seem to repel a lot of pests, figured it wouldn't hurt to have a couple in there for luck :)

Overall the plants are growing rather fast and really starting to fill out. Probably will be about the same time that my flower tent is finished which will work out perfect for transplant to bigger pots, cleaning both tents, and starting some new clones. The skywalker OG that I cloned seems to be rooted by now and just showing signs of new growth so I destroyed the mother that was all decrepit and wasting away and will keep the new clone around for now until I decide what strains I would like to keep and which ones I will seed and flower out.
DSC070612.JPG
DSC070632.JPG
DSC070642.JPG
DSC070651.JPG
DSC070662.JPG
DSC07067.JPG
DSC070682.JPG
DSC070691.JPG
DSC070702.JPG
DSC07071.JPG

The flower tent:
Things are also coming along in the flowering tent very nicely. I have still been fighting off spider mites that I see here and there in the flower tent. Definitely winning the war, but I can't let a few days go by without foliar sprays of water and/or nutrients with added SNS to help control the population and limit their production. Ive kept the humidity slightly higher than normal because I read spider mites do not like wet conditions and this stops them from reproducing as fast so I decided to give it a try. My plants took a hit from the heat wave we had last week and this plus not enough water equals a lot of leaves that fell off but I managed to keep them pretty healthy and they are not showing any weakening. I also defoliated all the lower branches/smalls from all of the plants and removed all dead leaves as well as the 2 dead branches on the GSC (Photo's were taken before this)

DSC070722.JPG
DSC07073.JPG

For some reason a few of the smaller main branches on my GSC just died out completely, not sure why so I removed them last night and took off any bad foliage and dead leaves. I am not at all impressed with the yield of the GSC, for a almost 4' plant I will be lucky if I get 1 or 2 oz of her. Might be a good plant for a scrog, but unless the nug is incredible when all said and done, I probably wont be keeping this one around after the next run...may try to get some pollen though to cross with other plants in the future or make seeds but only time will tell. The nugs look just about done, but I haven't checked the trichomes yet so I am guessing she probably has another week or 2 to go. I am really hoping that she swells up though because I can't stomach how dinky the buds are for the size of her.

DSC070771.JPG
DSC07078.JPG
DSC070791.JPG
DSC07082.JPG

My cherry pie is definitely going to be a keeper. She is very full, heavy dense and thick buds, trichomes everywhere, and a smell that would make pepe le pew jealous... She continues to get thicker and still is showing a lot of white hairs so I am wondering how long she is going to take to finish. I am guessing at least 3 more weeks. I can't wait to taste this one :)

DSC07074.JPG
DSC07075.JPG
DSC07076.JPG

The Ogiesel is also looking really amazing. I topped her late in veg so she grew into 1 long stalk with the top split into about 8 different budding tops. I will have to train her differently next run to get more spread on the buds but overall should be a decent yield. The buds are very very frosty, sticky and stinky. Last night I did a semi-supercropping of the top buds to spread them out to allow better light penetration to the lower branches. I think I will keep this strain around for a while.

DSC07083.JPG
DSC070841.JPG

My university Hills og is also looking amazing. For some reason OG's seem to really develop weight and girth late in flowering and she is really thickening up now and getting frosty. I re distributed the branches to allow better light penetration to the buds and lower nodes and I think this and my SFV OG will be about 1/4lb plants when all said and done. The UVH OG smells like a tropical OG and is very sticky and covered in trichomes as well. I think this time it will be killer :) I usually run my OG's about 75 days or more so she still has about 4 weeks to go.

DSC070851.JPG
DSC070861.JPG
DSC07089.JPG

The SFV OG also like the UVH OG is going to be a heavy yielder. Tons of frosty nugs every which way. I love supercropping OG's because it makes all the lower nodes develop top sized buds and this thing without support would be laying on the ground. Very stinky skunky OG smell to her, like fuel, lemon and skunk had a war and this strain was the result. This one also has about 4 weeks to go before harvest :)

DSC070871.JPG
DSC07088.JPG

Overall I will keep up with what I have been doing which is Earthjuice feedings. I will be switching over to my Earth Juice Sugar peak finishing formula soon which is a 0-6-4 to help max out swelling, trichomes and flavanoids as well as hitting them with added Mg to help also. N will be removed from the feedings from now on and after 2 feedings with the Sugar peak, only compost teas and plain R/O water will be used with very light nutrient doses. about 1/4 amounts or less.

Well here are the photos.

fantastic looking meds ice, the gsc may surprise you in the last few weeks, looks like a pretty big mg def might need some to plump, but still looks tasty, oh i finaly got some vids up!

I am hoping that the GSC plumps up for sure. She sure looks amazing though, even for tiny little buds. I was looking at mg def but it didn't really have the rust spots, more of a tip burn working down to the stem. I checked online and couldn't find any photos that looked like it but I think it may be too high of a soil EC/ too much salt build up. When I water the trays get full, but the water I let sit and I think it is leaching the salts and then sucking them back in. The last watering I let it fill up and sucked it out with a turkey baster. I am watering tonight with plain 0ppm RO water and sucking it out again and will feed them sunday a light nutrient dose. I've run into this on past grows and I think much has to do with my lack of sucking up the runoff each feeding. I will have to come up with a better system or maybe a drip tray on an angle to prevent it in future grows...if that is the issue. I ordered a EC probe a while back, but it was backordered for weeks so I cancled the order. Probably will order again in the future, but funds are tight right now. Lets hope that those GSC really fatten up though. I will be adding a little bit of epsom salts to this feeding tonight, just to make sure though :)

Happy Friedday Ice Ice Baby:)

Hope everyone had a great weedkend!! I know I did, my Chi town Bears won the season opener!!!! woo hoo :) Well now I have a 4 day business trip ahead of me, I had to prepare the ladies for me heading out and closing down for 4 days. I will only be running my 400w CMH in my flowering tent for the time being because it runs much cooler than my HPS and with my room windows shut, the CMH hardly will add heat to the room where my HPS will raise the temps to the danger zone. I also gave the girls a good watering today in the flower tent.

I fed them:
5gallons of R/O water with

30ml of earth juice sugar peak bloom 0-6-4
40ml of 2-0-0 cal mag 3:1
40 ml of carboload
30ml of earthjuice 0-3-1 bloom

I cut the amount of nutrients used to about 1/2 the amount since some of the plants seem to be getting closer to finishing I wanted to ramp down the nutrients "forcefed" and allow the soil to finish them off. I will be hitting them with only compost teas from here on out unless I see any major nutrient issues.

Well I didn't get around to taking photo's so I will post them when I get back from my trip.

Cheers everyone to a great week.

I am hoping that the GSC plumps up for sure. She sure looks amazing though, even for tiny little buds. I was looking at mg def but it didn't really have the rust spots, more of a tip burn working down to the stem. I checked online and couldn't find any photos that looked like it but I think it may be too high of a soil EC/ too much salt build up. When I water the trays get full, but the water I let sit and I think it is leaching the salts and then sucking them back in. The last watering I let it fill up and sucked it out with a turkey baster. I am watering tonight with plain 0ppm RO water and sucking it out again and will feed them sunday a light nutrient dose. I've run into this on past grows and I think much has to do with my lack of sucking up the runoff each feeding. I will have to come up with a better system or maybe a drip tray on an angle to prevent it in future grows...if that is the issue. I ordered a EC probe a while back, but it was backordered for weeks so I cancled the order. Probably will order again in the future, but funds are tight right now. Lets hope that those GSC really fatten up though. I will be adding a little bit of epsom salts to this feeding tonight, just to make sure though :)

Mine are fattening up late bro, I hope your's do as well.

didnt i read somewhere that ro water removes some of the good stuff out of the water that the plants need, ill try and find out what it was on about but im sure someone was having problems using ro water and it was because it was also taking the good stuff out of the water as well as the bad stuff, so let me try and find the link and ill see what it said,

didnt i read somewhere that ro water removes some of the good stuff out of the water that the plants need, ill try and find out what it was on about but im sure someone was having problems using ro water and it was because it was also taking the good stuff out of the water as well as the bad stuff, so let me try and find the link and ill see what it said,

Yeah it removes near everything from the water, if growing in soil your can use just ro water but hydro ro water needs calmag.

Hey everyone, I'm Back!!! That was a very good but busy business trip and I am happy to be home. I checked on my girls first thing when I came in the door and I am very impressed with what I see.

The veg tent:
The veg tent is looking very good and coming along well. I noticed that for some reason my plants just don't have that high brix shine they usually do by now so I am wondering if all the spider mite sprays really beat them up or if my soil is all out of wack so I immediately got a compost tea going with 5 gallons of r/o water with:

1 "teabag" filled with my premixed soil
1 tbsp of dry molasses 1-0-3 with sulfer
1 tbsp of dry humic acid powder
and put it on bubble for 24 hours and fed the girls.

Overall they are really getting big and soon will be ready for new pots, so most likely this weekend or next I will be preparing some soil for the transplant. I still have a lot of work to do in the tent and will be doing some LST and topping to the vegging plants to get them really branched out, especially the ogiesel, GSC, and Cherry Pie which all would really help overall yield on these. My SFV OG and UVH OG both look like they were in need of a good watering and looking saggy but perked up quite a bit after their feeding. My very large Pre98 Bubba is ready for the flowering tent as soon as some room opens up. I still am debating whether to keep this one around or not and I am leaning towards this being its last round. I don't think I am going to keep her because so far the harvests have come out ok, but just doesn't do it for me as far as my taste in nugs. we will see....I also mixed up a foliar spray and gave the girls a shower. I mixed up 1L of r/o water with:

20ml fulvic acid
20ml of no fat milk
20ml of adv nutr carboload (sugars)
2-0-0 3:1 botanicare cal/mag
20ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
2tbsp of SNS 203

I sprayed the girls and then took their photos.
DSC07108.JPG
DSC07109.JPG
DSC071101.JPG
DSC07111.JPG
DSC071121.JPG
DSC07113.JPG
DSC07114.JPG

The flowering Tent:
The flowering tent is looking amazing and so far things are turning out well. I still have a lot of "maintenance" work to do as far as removing dead leaves and trimming the underbrush, but overall they look good for the most part and seem to be fattening up quite well. During my 4 day trip I only was running my 400w CMH because I didn't want the plants getting too hot while I was away and it seemed to really perk up the white pistil growth on all the buds. When I got back I will be throwing the HPS on again with the CMH and things will be back to normal. So far it seems that I have kept away the spider mites because after some leaf checks I didn't see any eggs or live ones, however I still will remain checking. I mixed up a compost tea for a feeding this round and added to 5 gallons of r/o water:
1 "teabag" filled with my premixed soil
1 tbsp of dry molasses 1-0-3 with sulfer
1 tbsp of dry humic acid powder

and put it on bubble

I also gave the girls a foliar spray of the above mix that I used in the veg tent trying to get mostly the leaf undersides as well as just the tops of the leaves, avoiding the buds as much as possible. I will be doing my first bud wash after this grow, so I will be removing most of what is already on the buds in the wash.

DSC070901.JPG
DSC07091.JPG
DSC070921.JPG

GSC
My GSC is looking extremely tasty and getting a slight bit of red/purple hue to it but still the buds just don't seem to be getting any larger. I think they still are about a week or 2 away from harvest but are really looking almost finished already. I tried a few samples of some of the smalls I took off a week ago and whao she is really strong.. Will have to figure out a way to max the yield but overall I am very happy
DSC07096.JPG
DSC07097.JPG
DSC07098.JPG

Cherry PIE
I don't have anything but good to say about the Cherry Pie. This plant is just amazing as far as healthy, ease of growing, and huge fat colas that look delicious. I just hope that the overall product is as amazing as she looks. I definitely will be keeping this one around for a while.
DSC07093.JPG
DSC070941.JPG
DSC07095.JPG

OGiesel
The OGiesel is also looking really really tasty. Very leafy type buds and swollen calyxs but are coated in trichomes. A week or so ago I half way supercropped the top to help open her up to light on the lowers and it really seemed to get them thick in a week. I am not sure how long this one will run but will depend on me checking tricomes in the next few days.
DSC070991.JPG
DSC071001.JPG
DSC071011.JPG

SFV OG
MY SFV OG is really filling in, but still is not gaining the weight/girth that most of the other OG's I have had have gained. I know OG's run long and that I still have a few weeks on her. But so far not as impressed as other strains of OG, even when compared to my UVH OG. I will wait and see what happens, even though the buds smell amazing and also really coated with trichomes.

DSC07105.JPG
DSC071061.JPG
DSC071071.JPG

UVH OG
Well the UVH OG is again looking really amazing. Very Hairy for an OG but the buds are stacked with trichomes an really getting fat. Not as frosty as other OG's I have grown, but still looking extremely good. I love UVH OG so I am really excited to try this one as well :)
DSC071021.JPG
DSC071031.JPG
DSC071041.JPG

Back
Top Bottom