Icemud's Grow 5.0 - Perpetual Grow - Gas Lamp Routine - Mineralized Soil

Well I have been searching for hours trying to find an answer to what is wrong with my leaves and I am pretty convinced it is not macro or micro defficiencies. I took a long close look at different photos of Ca and also Boron which both look very similar but those seem to have brown spots with a yellow halo where as my spots are yellow.

I searched probably thousands of photo's on g00gle and looked under every possible combination from spots, diseases, fungus, deficiencies, yellow spots and nothing I found looks the same as what my plants are showing. The leafs look very similar to the effect downy mildew has, but underneath my leaves there are no grey spots so I ruled that out too.

Then I found a description of what seems to be happening called verticillium wilt which can form in moist soil. The description is not exactly what is happening but the closest I have found to what seems to be the issue. I am pretty stumped by it but luckilly I am close enough to harvest that I will be able to have my buds be uneffected.

I will still continue to search for what is wrong for my own knowledge and hopefully to prevent it on future grows. Hmmmm

DSC071261.JPG

could it be your soil is not drying out enough mate or the ph in the soil been slightly off,

it dont look the same as cal/mag def or to much as ive had that and it didnt quite look the same, are you sure you dont have any bugs on the plants sucking the goodness out the leaves from under neath, ive not had to deal with bugs yet so just thought id throw that in in case it could be.

what i have found with soil is if you water to quick the soil clogs all the channels up that the roots run in and this stops oxygen getting to the roots, so i now use one of them pump spray bottles and that gives a good spray over the whole surface, since doing this ive noticed i can go longer between waterings and im not getting as much run off, before the water would just run through the channels and out the bottom, so by making the top layer of soil wet by spraying seems to let the water soak into the soil a lot more, my plants this time round have grown like crazy but ive been following a different grow method, ive been letting my pots totally go bone dry, when i pick my pots up before watering their very very light and the plant is top heavy, but since doing this my plants have grown like crazy and im growing the same amount of plants i normally grow and my room dont normally get full till well after the flower stretch period, but this time round i had to flip 12-12 earlier and im all ready out of space in the flower room so some plants ill have to flower under cfls.#

if you click on the accident an emergency in my sig and look at N lockout, but even then its not exactly the same as your, its difficult to tell mate ive looked at a few plant help guides now and none seem to be the exact same problem, but your leaves seem a lighter green colour but that could just be because its in late flower

Today I decided to do a photo and video update (video will be posted in a little while). Today is day 74 in my flowering tent and things for the plants on the left side of the tent are getting close to the end. The leaf spotting has slowed down slightly so I think it may have been to much salt in the soil or too high of an ec and it was drying up the plants, but still not completely sure. I have been taking it very light on the nutrients and letting the soil hopefully recover from whatever I did to it. If anyone can give me suggestions to what this is...please let me know.
DSC07157.JPG

The weather the last 2 days here in socal has been very dry, and seems we are getting a off shore breeze which seems to be common from here until around late january so the humidity has been sitting around 20-30%. I have had my humidifiers/evaporative coolers going and it has kept the humidity to high 30s low 40's in my tents. Overall the plants are not showing any additional stress.

I decided to feed my flower tent today since they still are sucking up water fast in these 5 gallon pots so I mixed up a light feeding tea and fed the girls. I mixed up 5 gallons of r/o water with:

30ml of 1-1-1 bioroot.
20ml of humic acid
30 ml of 5:1 organic cal/mag.
1 tbsp of molasses
1 tbsp of epsom salts.
3 drops of 1-0-4 primordial solutions sea green.
cold pressed seaweed 20ml
florolicious vegan compost tea extract 20 ml 0.5-1-1

I fed the girls as well as gave them a foliar spray of a 1:10 dilluted spray mixed with r/o water and also sprayed my veg tent with it and

This bubbled for about 1 hour and had a thick overpowering foam on top so I fed the girls.
DSC07158.JPG

I also tried some of the Ogiesel that has been drying now for 5 days, and jarred for 1. All I have to say is wow!!! The high is incredible, very "in the head" type of high were your creative and energetic thoughts are going. I smoked a bong and end up spending most of my saturday cleaning my place from top to bottom...lol. The taste is a very sweet lemony pine og taste (heavy on the sweet). The buds even just after 5 days of drying with the bud washing are incredibly smooth too. The buds themselves are amazing in all ways except dissapointing in how airy/fluffy they are. I noticed that the structure of these buds is very different from other buds I have grown, very leafy, low amounts of calyx's and hairs, but trichomes and stickyness galore. I think OGiesel would be great for a scrog grow to help max out the yield as well as help evenly spread the light to allow denser buds, but either way, and amazing high, taste and experience.
DSC07143.JPG
(dried 5 days, not manicured)

The Veg tent is in serious need of some topping to help create more tops and bush out the plants a little more. I think I may do this tomorrow but it also will depend on the humidity. I don't want to do it when it is too dry. I also will be mixing up my new soil in a few days when my last ingredients from my shipment arrive. I will be mixing in some of the 4th generation soil but probably about 1/2 of the soil will be newly mixed soil to help replenish the organics, carbons and rocks. The soil will be used for my transplant of my vegging plants into either the 5 gallon plastics I have or I may go out and get some 7 gallon ones if they will fit in my tent. I really would like to go back to smartpots because it seems the yield was just so much more in the smartpots than the plastics, but we will see on what my tent fits. Overall my veg tent looks very healthy. I have the pre98 bubba which will be going into the flowering tent as soon as room becomes available. I honestly am done with the bubba so this will be the last run for the pre98 because I just don't favor the end results as much as other strains both yield wise and overall end product quality. They were fun to grow, but when I have others like the ogiesel, og's and cherry pie and gsc, they definitely will take the cake over the pre98 for what my gardens size allows. I've given her a good 3 runs and this will be the 4th. I may consider trying to get a clone or 2, and try the collidal silver method to grab some beans from her just for future use, pollen would be nice to try crossing with some OG's or even the GSC or Cherry Pie too :)

In the tent (left front UVH OG, left back SFVOG, Middle Back OGiesel, Middle front Blue Dream, Right back GSC, Right front Cherry Pie, Far right Pre98 bubba, little cup in front right
DSC07159.JPG
DSC07160.JPG
DSC07161.JPG
DSC07162.JPG
DSC07163.JPG

Well other than that, not much is to do with the flower tent right now. I could defoliate but I am so close to harvest there really isn't a point to it because it may cause unneeded stress on the plant which I don't want so I am just going to let them be until havest day. For the cherry pie I think probably another week to 2 weeks and she will be done. The GSC is about done, nearly all purple and the trichomes are starting to look cloudy. I think 1 more week and she will come down as well as the rest of the Ogiesel.

I haven't planned out what is going to flower this next round but I think I very soon may bring back the v-scrog because I would love to do a vscrog with ogiesel, cherry pie and GSC.

DSC071441.JPG
DSC07145.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC071461.JPG
DSC07151.JPG

GSC

DSC07147.JPG
DSC071481.JPG
DSC07149.JPG
DSC071502.JPG
DSC07152.JPG

UVH OG
DSC07153.JPG
DSC07154.JPG
DSC071551.JPG
DSC071551.JPG

SFV OG
DSC07156.JPG

you got some very nice looking buds,
not to sure on the damaged leaf as it dont look like anything ive come across before in other journals

Thanks DonPaul... Yeah I searched go0gle images for hours looking and couldn't find anything similar. I had it happen 1 other time, i think it was my 2nd or 3rd grow but then it was much worse. I will have to side by side the journals and see if it was maybe something I fed them or sprayed on them... I can't think of anything. I really would love to get a soil EC probe to have a better understanding of my soil activity and salt contents. I ordered one a few months back, but was backordered forever so I canceled the order. Once I get a little extra cash I definitely will be picking up one.

eff yah mon joo got sum kik azz budwakkers in dat tent ma homeiedawg! i can has cheeszburger? ya! k c u soon!!
its prolly wackked out ph i would say flush but your so done no worries i dont think the mykos would allow any baddies in the soil,,who knows, im not sure i have had plants up n die no reason i can find great pics n vid, another few jars of meds done up fine, howd you like the washed bud?

The washed bud is excellent, way beyond smooth, tasty and I'm higher than any bud has gotten me in a long time. I just had a buddy come over to try some. He smokes concentrate and hash all the time, constantly and has a very high tolerance. After 2 hits he was completely high and looked at me and said...doooood I'm fu$$in blown man...holy $#!t. It made me grin ear to ear knowing the Ogiesel was a finely grown nug. I still haven't trimmed the ones I dried yet and just threw them in a jar, leaves and all and have been curing them that way for now. I will shoot some photos in a day or so when I trim them. Very very coated with trichomes, sticky, stinky and dankness.

The washed bud is excellent, way beyond smooth, tasty and I'm higher than any bud has gotten me in a long time. I just had a buddy come over to try some. He smokes concentrate and hash all the time, constantly and has a very high tolerance. After 2 hits he was completely high and looked at me and said...doooood I'm fu$$in blown man...holy $#!t. It made me grin ear to ear knowing the Ogiesel was a finely grown nug. I still haven't trimmed the ones I dried yet and just threw them in a jar, leaves and all and have been curing them that way for now. I will shoot some photos in a day or so when I trim them. Very very coated with trichomes, sticky, stinky and dankness.

Glad to hear you tried washing your harvest! I always do since I tried it. I'm adding a peroxide bath for 30 seconds prior to the wash now. Kills anything that might grow on your produce, etc.

Anyhow, your soil seems like the salts are way too high. Once that happens, nothing seems to work right. I suggest starting over with a fresh batch. I just tossed all my soil after 4 runs. The 4th run was dissappointing....but now back on new soil things are going great.

FWIW, I vote new soil next round!

Glad to hear you tried washing your harvest! I always do since I tried it. I'm adding a peroxide bath for 30 seconds prior to the wash now. Kills anything that might grow on your produce, etc.

Anyhow, your soil seems like the salts are way too high. Once that happens, nothing seems to work right. I suggest starting over with a fresh batch. I just tossed all my soil after 4 runs. The 4th run was dissappointing....but now back on new soil things are going great.

FWIW, I vote new soil next round!

Hey DocBud! Always a pleasure to have you stop by my journal. :rocker: I used the SNS 311 this time since I had a few bottles laying around and I have to say, I am very very impressed with budwashing. Definitely a full flavor of pure bud and even though my buds usually are smooth anyways, this adds even a fresher smoothness to the buds. I also have been trying to keep the "bag appeal" with the vibrance of the buds and it really helped the buds keep it and not dull out over the curing process. Definitely will be a go to method for me from now on. We wash our fruit and veggies, so definitely why not our herbs :)

I also was thinking about using the H2O2 to "purify" things. I remembered trying it when I got PM a few grows ago, even though it didn't rid all of the PM it did help wash a lot of it away as well as my foliar treatments. I felt cleaner smoking it knowing the H2O2 disinfected it.

I was thinking that it might be my EC, wish that meter I ordered a while back had taken so long I had to cancel it. I still want to get my hands on a soil ec probe to really get a understanding of the soil from clone to veg to flower and also with feedings. I had a feeling that it may have been a salt build up due to me being sort of lazy and not draining the catch pans after feeding them. I think they were sucking all the salts back up into the soil. I will have to figure something out next grow where they sit a good 1" above the pans so that the runoff drains but the roots dont sit in it.. The only other conclusion I could figure was too frequent of watering and a possible wilt type disease which was the only other thing similar I could find online. I appreciate your help as always DocBud...wait till you see my new pics... :) budwashed and sparkling :)

Well this is what I would like to call my fun post :) new things, dank dry nuggies and some budder!!!

My norcal grower friend stopped by the other day and had some budder he made that he wanted me to try. He made if from his outdoor Grapefruit Purple Nice Guy (he grows trees) and he wanted me to take a look and try it. I also picked up some of the outdoor because it smelled so freaking fruity delicious I had to have some :) Here are 2 shots of his different budders/wax... I couldn't tell ya how he makes it but it smokes/melts/vapes great and tastes very clean :)

DSC07164.JPG
DSC07164.JPG
DSC07165.JPG

Next on my list of goodies :)

Here are the primary buds I pulled off my Ogiesel about 2 weeks ago. I washed them using the SNS 211 and then with pure water and then dried them with leaves on for 5 days. The buds are probably the best smoke I have had in a long time, and I have smoked tons of different nugs, growers, strains and this one tops my charts. I haven't felt as high as I get off this in a long long time and so far 2 of my very high tolerance buddies after just a few hits were completely blown. Makes you feel almost youthful and happy. Its awesome :)

DSC07166.JPG
DSC07167.JPG
DSC07168.JPG
DSC07169.JPG
DSC07170.JPG

I now have received all of my goodies for my next grows and new soil mixtures to come in the next few weeks. I have been re-using the last soil for 4 grows now (slight amending and added new soil) but I think it is time to throw in the towel with this soil and start fresh. I am still going to try to focus on developing a soil prepped for high brix growing (without the tests, so eyeballing it with style I would phase it) lol with lots of calcium, phosphorus, low potassium and lower nitrogen, with lots of rocks.

I wanted to try mixing in a slightly different calcium source besides the Calcium carbonate that I have been using so I decided to pick up Crab meal which is a 1-0-1 and 23% calcium with about 1.4% Mg. A little more Potassium than I want to add to already borderline promix HP but it is low and heavily used by the plant so I think it still will do well. Crab meal also contains Chitin which helps aid in plant health and resistance, stronger bonds in the cells, and increase in yield.
DSC071751.JPG
DSC071761.JPG

I also have read a lot about the use of alfalfa meal in not only the soil but also for foliar sprays and teas. I mostly purchased it for the teas that I will be making but also will be adding it in small amounts to my soil. I read that alfalfa meal breaks down pretty fast and that it produces heat so I don't want to overdo it. Plus it is a 2-0-3 which is higher than I want in the K range than I want so it will definitely be used lightly in the soil. For compost tea foliars though I think this is going to be key :) especially in early bloom.
DSC071841.JPG
DSC071851.JPG

Kelp Meal is also something that I have not used before in my soils. It does come blended in my earthworm casting that I have been using but now I can add it to my teas and increase the amounts in the soil as well. Kelp is loaded with micronutrients, growth hormones and vitamins and works wonders on plants.

DSC07182.JPG
DSC071831.JPG

I also wanted to add phosphorus to the soil and calcium so I picked up fish bone meal which is good for all of the above plus more.
DSC07171.JPG
DSC07172.JPG

Lava sand which is very pourus and good for trapping mineral ions, water and oxygen.
DSC07177.JPG
DSC071781.JPG

Soft Rock Phosphate, well this one I shouldn't have to explain, anyone reading any of the high brix journals knows about this stuff. :)
DSC07173.JPG
DSC07174.JPG

I also picked up some green sand which is great for micronutrients, a little high on the K but takes a long time to break down so I should be ok.

Instead of Perlite which has hardly any CEC I chose to go with volcanic pumice which has a very high CEC and virtually does the same as perlite.
DSC071791.JPG

I also picked up calcium carbonate, gypsum and azamite and have them ready with some worm casings. Only thing now to get is some forest humus.

I found this and wanted to share. The goodie in alfalfa meal is the triachontinol which stimulates growth as well as many other things:

I found this on another forum from a member named Guano, to give credit where credit is due.
Alfalfa ingredients:

* Triacontanol (growth stimulant)
* Vitamin A (high concentration)
* Thiamine
* Riboflavin
* Pantothenic Acid
* Niacin
* Pyridoxine
* Choline
* Bentaine
* Folic Acid
* co-enzymes
* Crude proteins (16 - 25% in dry alfalfa)

Amino acids (% in alfalfa meal).

* Tryptophan, 0.3 %
* Aspartic Acid, 2.3%
* Threonine, 1.0 %
* Serine, 1.0%
* Glutamic Acid, 2.7%
* Proline, 1.2%
* Glycine, 1.1%
* Alanine, 1.1%
* Cystine, 0.2%
* Valine, 1.0%
* Methionine, 0.3%
* Isoleucine, 0.8%
* Leucine, 1.6%
* Tyrosine, 0.5%
* Phenylalanine, 1.0%
* Histidine, 0.4%
* Lysine, Total, 1.1%
* Arginine, 1.1%

Minerals (contained in dry alfalfa)

* Nitrogen 3.75-5.5 %
* Potassium .75 - 3.5 %
* Phosphorus .3 - .7%
* Calcium 1 - 2 %
* Magnesium .30 - 1 %
* Sulphur .2 - .5 %
* Manganese 30-200 ppm
* Iron 20-250 ppm
* Boron 20-80 ppm
* Copper 5-20 ppm
* Zinc 20-70 ppm

I found this and wanted to share. The goodie in alfalfa meal is the triachontinol which stimulates growth as well as many other things:

I found this on another forum from a member named Guano, to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for that I already planned to grab alfalfa meal but now I knew specifically why.

Nice Ice:)
yOU GOT AL THE GOOD STUFF THERE FOR A GREAT SOIL GROW!!! I gotta go back to basics in a way, next grow will be done slightly different soil wise.. As during the warmer weather all is fine, But when its cold I gotta deal with condensation and lower temps during dark cycle etc;
I would hate to end up with PM on my buds or even any more mold on top soil, its been all ok since I cleaned it out but yeah just hope all ok. And rather than adding worm castings to the top soil - I ADDED WORMS!! About 10 or so just to run around Teresa s roots.. Hope she finishes up ok??
Great effort buddy and will chat soon.. Smokemup

theres these lil round plant stands i use they have rollers on the bottom dollar store 3$ great for keeping them up out of the runoff i set them inside the round catch trays that budder looks scary to me * bid takes a dab,wakes up naked 3 days later duct taped to a tree in the park* the buds look awesome, im finding my self leaving more & more sugar leaf on the buds seems to makes for a better burn and flavor ,why trim it off just so i have to dry ice extract it later? im leaving them on as long as 1/2 an inch theses days:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom